Merge for the Cure - A COVID19 Relief Charity Event

M0ltar

Squadron Name: N/A

Teamspeak/Discord: Discord

Contact person Discord ID: EQVES#4588

Aircraft Selection: F-14B

Pilots: Rescue Toaster

CDC_Donation.thumb.jpg.7a4eed81d2c751e3bcef52b656ffc043.jpg

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squadron Name: USAFv USNv

Teamspeak/Discord: Discord "United States Armed Forces Virtual"

Contact person Discord ID: Steve "Motown" Polk#1989

Aircraft Selection: F-18C

Pilots: Motown

Merge4Cure_Donation.thumb.jpg.9054a03f854fada03ffa5d664dbb7510.jpg

Edited by Motown

Bracket is now in its final form! Please use the following to figureout what time you will be flying. Looking at the Challonge website bracket you can see a number next to each match. This number represents your match number. You can use this to determine aproximately what time you will be flying. Please be preset and avaialble via voice at least 15-30min prior to your match start time in the DCS World Events voice channels here on the Splash One Gaming Discord.

Reminder that all times are in Zulu time. If you want to figure out what time 1700z is locallly please visit http://www.timebie.com/std/zulu.php.

Matches 1-4: 1700z

Matches 5-8: 1715z

Matches 9-12: 1730z

Matches 13-16: 1745z

Matches 17-20: 1800z

Matches 21-24: 1815z

Matches 25-28: 1830z

Matches 29-32: 1845z

Matches 33-36: 1900z

Matches 37-40: 1915z

Silly question what server should we join on ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Schedule for this upcoming weekend is up on the Challonge website. Please note that matches now have set times. I am hoping to stay as close to these times as possible.

Also, please note that each match has been assigned a station. Stations are the server that you will be flying on. If you are on Station 1 your match will be streamed. If you are on Station 2 it will not. Matches were selected at random for streaming. This is the last weekend in which some matches will not be streamed. All matches on May 23rd will be streamed.

https://challonge.com/oos9dt28

• 2 weeks later...

What were the restrictions/limitations imposed on flyers?

Hey M0ltar, thanks for putting all this together. It's great that it's helping the anti-Covid-19 cause, but I'm really enjoying it too :)

Thanks too for all the flyers who have put on such a good show up to now.

I'm learning some interesting stuff, and not just from the super commentators you've roped in. Just watching is worth a bucketful of tips ("patience" came up time and again).

Now my big question: what set of playing restrictions were set up? I searched through this forum and couldn't find anything about the limitations imposed or controls blocked off. I'm guessing that the flyers were not able to use F5 : "View nearest aircraft" because that would be a completely unrealistic ability in real life. What about F10 "View A/C on map" - again making life too easy for the pilot who can't see his opponent? Did you have "Pilot Blackout" in operation? Any others that I didn't think of?

Having watched all the matches (and practiced in some missions with guns-only against an F/A18 I wish I'd entered now, but anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

Hey M0ltar, thanks for putting all this together. It's great that it's helping the anti-Covid-19 cause, but I'm really enjoying it too :)

Thanks too for all the flyers who have put on such a good show up to now.

I'm learning some interesting stuff, and not just from the super commentators you've roped in. Just watching is worth a bucketful of tips ("patience" came up time and again).

Now my big question: what set of playing restrictions were set up? I searched through this forum and couldn't find anything about the limitations imposed or controls blocked off. I'm guessing that the flyers were not able to use F5 : "View nearest aircraft" because that would be a completely unrealistic ability in real life. What about F10 "View A/C on map" - again making life too easy for the pilot who can't see his opponent? Did you have "Pilot Blackout" in operation? Any others that I didn't think of?

Having watched all the matches (and practiced in some missions with guns-only against an F/A18 I wish I'd entered now, but anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

This is correct. All external views and F10 options were disabled and all options were set to realism or simulation. Tried taking away as many pilot aids as possible as we think it makes a better showcase of pilot skill.

Glad you’ve enjoyed the completion so far! One more day to go!

All match times for the quarterfinal rounds have been updated on the the Challonge website. https://challonge.com/oos9dt28 Please make sure you check to see what time you are flying. Please show up on the Splash One Gaming Discord at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled match time.

Please remember that you will be flying multiple rounds this weekend. If you keep winning you have the possibility of flying 3 times. Semifinals will start at 20z with the finals taking place at or just before 21z.

Also a reminder that all matches this weekend, the 23rd, will be best of 5.

Edited by M0ltar

Great tourney M0ltar, I love this stuff. Wish you could get better kill replays and/or TacView analysis between matches to go over with your fellow commentator. But as is, it's already a great experience. Like UFC for BFM!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Great tourney M0ltar, I love this stuff. Wish you could get better kill replays and/or TacView analysis between matches to go over with your fellow commentator. But as is, it's already a great experience. Like UFC for BFM!

I have some ideas on how to implement this and still make it easy for me as 1 person to manage Hopefully Ill have it worked out before we do another BFM event which will probably happen before ya know it.

On that note, I want to take my hate off to everyone that competed and donated to the charities around the world. We raised close to 2500 USD which is nothing too sneeze out for a small PvP community that we are. I also want to congratulate our 3 finalists, Pixy67 (3rd), Kapsu (2nd), and Skyscraper (1st) on some awesome flying.

I have already contacted finalists and giveaway winners with the needed information to claim prizes.

Again, thank you to everyone for both coming out to watch and participating. Also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to both of our guests, Jell-o and Paco for taking their time out and coming to hang out with us virtual aviators.

Until next time everyone, have a good one and again, thank you.

I have some ideas on how to implement this and still make it easy for me as 1 person to manage Hopefully Ill have it worked out before we do another BFM event which will probably happen before ya know it.

On that note, I want to take my hate off to everyone that competed and donated to the charities around the world. We raised close to 2500 USD which is nothing too sneeze out for a small PvP community that we are. I also want to congratulate our 3 finalists, Pixy67 (3rd), Kapsu (2nd), and Skyscraper (1st) on some awesome flying.

I have already contacted finalists and giveaway winners with the needed information to claim prizes.

Again, thank you to everyone for both coming out to watch and participating. Also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to both of our guests, Jell-o and Paco for taking their time out and coming to hang out with us virtual aviators.

Until next time everyone, have a good one and again, thank you.

It was awesome fun, made me want to do some online flying again!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thank you very much, M0ltar! The organization was outstanding, i'm sure it wasn't an easy task at all.

it was my first time playing MP and i'm looking forward for the next tournament.

I wonder if there would be enough people interested to do a WWII version of this tournament. That would really show off the piloting skills you referred to earlier.

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

This is correct. All external views and F10 options were disabled and all options were set to realism or simulation. Tried taking away as many pilot aids as possible as we think it makes a better showcase of pilot skill.

Glad you’ve enjoyed the completion so far! One more day to go!

Does that "taking away as many pilot aids as possible" include the in-flight labels (the 'plane identifier string you can see when the 'plane is 10 miles away). It tried it without the labels and I was amazed at how much more difficult it makes the contest!