MP server not showing in game server list

buque151

Hello guys,

I think i've read all the threads related to this topic and i've tried everything and it still doesn't work.

- I have done port forwarding on port 10308 in UDP and TCP.

- Firewall is off

- DCS opened as Admin

- My friends and I have the same version

When I search my server in this URL (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/?login=yes), which I believe its official, this shows up:

https://imgur.com/FVjVUDY

But the server is not on the MP list inside de game and direct IP connection does not work neither.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for your help

Hi..I kinda have the same problem. I use the DCS World open Beta Server and the WebGUI. It shows that the server is running and even shows on the DCS site like yours. When I search for the server on my DCS World 2.5.5 (not beta) the server is not found. Ports have been forwarded and checked with portforward.com.

Anyway, I will keep you updated on any progress, you do the same plz.

Thanks Mid

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

I had this exact problem yesterday.

Are your gaming PC and server on the same local network? If so it’s likely your router can’t handle NAT loopback which is a way for one computer (your gaming pc) to go “out” from the local network and then come back “in” to the same ip on port 10308 (to the server).

I couldn’t see my server on the multiplayer server list but could connect directly by using the server’s *local* network address e.g. 192.168.1.34:10308

Then I asked some guys I fly with if *they* could see it on the multiplayer list and they could!

So, if you have your port forwarding/firewall set up and you can connect locally AND your server is showing in your account profile page on the DCS site, the chances are it’s up, running and visible to the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this exact problem yesterday.

Are your gaming PC and server on the same local network? If so it’s likely your router can’t handle NAT loopback which is a way for one computer (your gaming pc) to go “out” from the local network and then come back “in” to the same ip on port 10308 (to the server).

I couldn’t see my server on the multiplayer server list but could connect directly by using the server’s *local* network address e.g. 192.168.1.34:10308

Then I asked some guys I fly with if *they* could see it on the multiplayer list and they could!

So, if you have your port forwarding/firewall set up and you can connect locally AND your server is showing in your account profile page on the DCS site, the chances are it’s up, running and visible to the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is awesome news, thanks for the info.

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

• 3 years later...

Im late but open beta and normal can not play together. So if you host an Open Beta server your friends NEED to be on Open Beta. This is true with any game. need to be same game build and the whole concept of open beta is a test build that normal game will some day be.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, buque151 said:

Hello guys,

I think i've read all the threads related to this topic and i've tried everything and it still doesn't work.

- I have done port forwarding on port 10308 in UDP and TCP.

- Firewall is off

- DCS opened as Admin

- My friends and I have the same version

When I search my server in this URL (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/?login=yes), which I believe its official, this shows up:

https://imgur.com/FVjVUDY

But the server is not on the MP list inside de game and direct IP connection does not work neither.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for your help

I am having exactly the same issue you had before.

Did you manage to resolve the problem and how?

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I am getting to the end of my rope with this issue. I am on openbeta and always have the latest update (at the time of writing it is 2.9 and change). I do not always get a totally blank mp server list. Usually, when I boot DCS and go into mp I get c. 25-29 servers. Although I haven't recorded the servers they are, I think they are from a cache that is chucking these server names, details etc into the UI. I think this because if I double click, or select and JOIN, I always get a dialogue, after some time, that tells me 'Server offline'. On occasion it will crash DCS but this has been a couple/three times.

After the initial population of the mp server UI, if I then say turn off VPN and refresh, all the server details will vanish to be replace with a blank mp server UI.

I have tried VPN off/on, VPN without ad tracker, with it. If there is a button/switch in sw, I have pushed it, clicked it, slid it etc, etc. I am now getting a bit brassed off with the situation. Apart from the fact that I simply can't join mp servers, I was trying to get better and elevate myself from expert at crashing to at least 'Generally $h!t as a sim pilot but has some good points' by joining a server that, God bless them, does real training for those that need that, and also even those beyond hope, like me 😉 I tried to join the server to join the training session but to no avail. It is beyond frustrating.

If anyone has any knowledge or experience of what this could be and even just a pointer in the right direction, I'd be very grateful to you.

All the best to everyone. Enjoy your flying...but more than that, enjoy flinging about virtual HW at each other 😉

Cheers, 

Dave (Puffin)

PS balls, I totally forgot to mention this. I have, on occasion, without doing anything other than booting DCS, going to mp, seeing a wall of servers, been able to click and enter a server. This has happened twice in the past 6/8 weeks ish. As I say, I have done nothing, that I am aware of, to 'change' anything, but on these 2 occasions it just....worked 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if this is a significant 'Ah-ha!' moment for you clever peeps in the DCS world, but I thought I should mention it. Ta :thumbsup: