Would like to hire someone to help with .lua

PREAMBLE :

Good morning everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but have lurked for a while. I have been playing DCS for a while and own several of the modules and have pre-ordered the supercarrier.

Recently I have taken up getting better peripherals including TM Warthog Throttle/Grip (now upgraded to F/A-18 Grip), MFG pedals, modified Playseat AirForce, Vive Pro (currently on the shelf gathering dust, Cougar MFDs w/ 8" non-touch LCDs, TrackIR, Streamdeck -XL as a multifunction button box.

THE OBJECTIVE :

I tried following several online guides and tutorials on how to get the LCD screens to show the information from the left and right MFDs (F/A-18 ) , several times I got close but I could never get over the last hurdle of making it actually work fully. The closest I cam to it showing up was being able to see the little yellow cross used when turning knobs or pushing buttons in the cockpit.

THE SETUP :

One primary 50" (?) monitor set to 3840x2160 , to 8" (?) LCD screens set to 800x800.

After reading through several posts, tutorials, and watching a couple out-dated videos, I have confused myself as to where the screens need to be set ( in Windows Display Settings), but this is how I have it .

THE REQUEST :

I am looking to commission the creation of a working .LUA file that will allow the export of left and right MFD for the F/A-18 Module. Working with code is not a skill I possess, and will gladly pay for the expertise that someone on this forum must have. Having tried messing with it I can see the difficulty and complication involved and will gladly pay to have the file made. This is skilled work, with time and knowledge involved, and after devoting 12 hours to trying to figure it out and deep personal inflection, they are skills I don't have

THE PAY :

PayPal , electronic transfer, etc. Will be discussed privately with whoever is going to write the .LUA.

***No payment needed if it works. Just pay it forward if you can help another DCS player someday***

1. Set the 3 screens with left to right like this in Windows with the tops all even = 50+8+8

2. Main viewport/center will be your 50in resolution (X=0/Y=0 and w=3840/h=2160)

3. LMFD will start at the far right top corner value of the 50in (x=3840/Y=0)

4. RMFD will start at the top left corner value of the 50in+LMFD (x=4640/Y=0)

5. MFD size (w/h) would be the area of the MFDs (you will likely have to tweak this)

6. In DCS settings set the resolution to the highest value shown (50+8+8 for width, and 50 for height should be available or 5440x2160)

7. Select the lua file. It should be in the drop down list if saved to <DCS path>\Config\MonitorSetup\filename.lua (It will use the description in the file like below "MFDs on 8in screens" if you use the file I provided)

Try the attached file

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('042020_Monitor+MFDs');

Description = 'MFDs on 8in screens'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 800;

height = 800;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 4640;

y = 0;

width = 800;

height = 800;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

042020_Monitor+MFDs.lua

Edited by SVgamer72

Wow! I am at work and will try it as soon as I get home ! I am very excited to see if it works! I will keep you posted. Helpful people like you are what keep communities like this going, and I thank you for taking time to come up with this!!

It sounds like you are close. It is going to take some tweaking. Hopefully a picture will help.

Your numbers will be different based on your monitor WxH settings for each display device.

1. Validate the WxH settings and position for each monitor in windows, and make sure you have the right math.

2. Important: aligning all 3 displays across the top extends the total width only. It does NOT extend the total height, because montiors 2 and 3 are small than monitor 1.

Windows_Display_and_DCS_Setup.jpg

Windows_Display_and_DCS_Setup_2.jpg

Desktop_with_MFDs.jpg

DCS_with_MFDs.jpg

Edited by SVgamer72
broken image links
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...