Nosewheel steering Keybind issue

I'm having a keybind issue with the nose wheel steering button on the F-18 only. Here is the issue. Its bound to the pinky (JOY_BTN5) button on my X56 HOTAS, same as all my other modules. However, If i press the button the to activate HI NWS, NWS shuts off, and I am unable to get it back. I have to restart the mission or campaign to get any nose wheel steering, and i cant get hi gain steering at all. anf this is only with the F-18 module. none of the others have the same problem (A-10C, F-16, F-15 & F-14) this is in the stable version, I haven't tried Beta.

When I go to the Setup page the Nose wheel steering is in red not blue like everything else. even if i clear all the keyt commands and use something that i know isnt in use else ware i still cant use these commands

The file that is unique to the f18 is the joystick file at

user/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/FA-18C_hornet/joystick

It is probably corrupted in both DCS and openbeta. You can delete (or move it) it and a new one will be generated when you edit the bindings or if you have an older copy that works you could use that so you don't have to rebind everything. Load it with "load profile" in the control setup screen.

I have fixed this kind of problem this way a few times so it's worth a try...

I have seen a case where Load Profile did not fix the problem however deleting the file did. I don't think "Load profile" really refreshes everything