Spitfire Cockpit Modification

Scratches and baked on reflection removal. Instructions form part of the video:

Download link Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10slPXUMxW3F5jaxBba5DD0nzWz4f7wKg/view?usp=sharing

Option2:

Very slight tint with minimal scratches gets away from the sterility of the original version:

Download Link Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/185CjPVlYWRRPZapcFJ4oYP344Kv6F8td/view?usp=sharing

Option3:

Third and final option and my personal favourite: Improved reflective tint with further reduced scartches.

Download Link Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLMB94jgtwqZdz2eu2OhaZ2Yb_aMBeUd/view?usp=sharing

Green tint to armoured glass version:

Download Link Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n9A9O_6vhVzAbZQKyGMtlEUaVdn11FKk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This also works in stable version but the custom cockpit name is still 'default' there. I can finally fly the Spit with the canopy closed!

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

Very useful mod Naked! THX

On the other hand, as already stated Phillstyle, looks a bit sterile, like a canopy without glass completely. But do not take this as a complaint, please. Only wants to say that this mod is the complete opposite of what we have in default. I do not know how demanding it would be to add some opacity or some tint or shade to not look like without glass...

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Lovely work Suntsag,

Might it be possible for you to add a tiny opacity to the canopy, so that when viewed from a narrow angle it appears slightly cloudy, like the rear canopy glass does. See image below:

vvH0EtY.jpg

Very useful mod Naked! THX

On the other hand, as already stated Phillstyle, looks a bit sterile, like a canopy without glass completely. But do not take this as a complaint, please. Only wants to say that this mod is the complete opposite of what we have in default. I do not know how demanding it would be to add some opacity or some tint or shade to not look like without glass...

Hi Phil & Tapi,

My texturing skills are rudimentary at best but I have been trying to work on the sterility of the mod.

I now have a slightly tinted and scratched version, which does not make you feel that your canopy is simply permanently open. I have been testing it to make sure there are no negative aspects before I release. Final testing today.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome Naked! You are very skilled, cannot wait for a new version of the mod.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Thank you Suntsag :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hey Naked!

thanks for the MOD, any chance of adding a little bit of armoured glass tint in there, it seems completely clear atm ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hey Naked!

thanks for the MOD, any chance of adding a little bit of armoured glass tint in there, it seems completely clear atm ?

It is quite clear at the moment and that is part of my baked on texture removal process. I will take a look and see if that can be refined.....but no promises :thumbup: Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

i've been using your mod(option3) for a week now. the removal of scratches from the canopy enables spotting in max zoom fov. however the front glass still has the same scratches appearing in a zoomed fov.

there is one thing i would like to be improved with the mod. when sun reflects from the canopy, it literally blinds me. apart from that i think your mod does a decent job. thanks for improving my experience with the spit.

of all the warbirds, i think fw190 a8 has the best looking canopy. imperfections are subtle, distractions and obstrucions are none. just beatiful.

• 3 weeks later...
i've been using your mod(option3) for a week now. the removal of scratches from the canopy enables spotting in max zoom fov. however the front glass still has the same scratches appearing in a zoomed fov.

there is one thing i would like to be improved with the mod. when sun reflects from the canopy, it literally blinds me. apart from that i think your mod does a decent job. thanks for improving my experience with the spit.

of all the warbirds, i think fw190 a8 has the best looking canopy. imperfections are subtle, distractions and obstrucions are none. just beatiful.

all the download links say the file is in owners trash and cant be downloaded.

Hi both there is a further updated version of the mod here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273049

Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]