Antialiasing

Open Catalyst Control Centre... Select Advanced view... go to 3D settings... Anti-Aliasing... uncheck "Use application settings" and sellect what level of AA you want (2x, 4x or 6x). In most cases 2x will work very nicely without much frame rate hit... 4x is quite good but starts having noticeable impact on frame rate, where as 6x is... well in my opinion not really required :D

No longer active in DCS...

What Kuky said works. He didn't mention that you can do this through the little ATI-icon in the sys-tray as well. To set FSAA-level that way, you need to:

Right-click your ATI-icon

Hold your cursor over the appropriate video-card/display-head (normally '1: [Card name here]')

Move your cursor to 3D Settings

... and there you have all the settable options. Monkey about as you please.

Using the CCC is probably loads more user-friendly.

Hello,

I am new to ATI usage, and was wondering how does a person control the antianalising settings using ATI control center. Thanks!

Best advice I ever got was to get rid of the Catalyst Control Centre and use ATI Tray Tools: much less resource-intensive than the CCC with all the functions you'll need.

Try it - you'll probably hear your PC breathing an audible sigh of relief :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Best advice I ever got was to get rid of the Catalyst Control Centre and use ATI Tray Tools: much less resource-intensive than the CCC with all the functions you'll need.

Try it - you'll probably hear your PC breathing an audible sigh of relief :D

QFT.

I never bother to use CCC in my son's computer either. ATI Tray Tool is my tool of choice. Can overclock, adjust fan speed, show GPU temp, etc.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...

You don't need to uninstall it but you don't need them both anyway. What you do need to do is if you want to keep both you make sure (if you know how to do this) the CCC does not start on PC bootup as if it does it will override driver settings in registry.

To find ATT just Google for Ati Tray Tools and get the latest version. If you want to use ATT I would recomend you uninstalling all ATI software (doing so by Add/Remove Programs) then downloading Catalyst display driver only from ATI website, then installing Ati Tray Tools.

No longer active in DCS...

.....how do I get rid of CCC.....

"Old Catalyst Removal

Now we move on to the simplest, and yet most commonly mishandled part of using graphics drivers - the removal of previous Catalyst drivers. To do this successfully, you need to follow some simple steps which will help guarantee that your installation of the drivers is 'clean', and leads to trouble-free performance. I particularly recommend this procedure if you are installing the ATI Catalyst Control Center for the first time. To completely remove your existing Catalysts, and all traces of them from your system manually do the following:

1. Uninstall any existing Catalysts. To do this, go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs in XP or Control Panel>Programs and Features in Vista. Select the 'ATI - Software Uninstall Utility' option (or similar) if available, and click the Change/Remove button. Follow the prompts from there to uninstall your existing Catalysts, and reboot as prompted. If you cannot find any ATI entries, you are probably using the default Windows drivers, which means you can skip to the Catalyst Installation section further below.

2. When you reboot, you will find Windows will detect your graphics card as one (or more) new devices. It will then attempt to find appropriate drivers for your card. Cancel out of all such attempts. If you can't then don't worry about it, but it is preferable if you prevent this from occurring.

3. This step is optional, however it is strongly recommended if you are either (a) downgrading your Catalyst drivers to an older version, or (b) experiencing problems and want to ensure you have a complete 'clean' install of the Catalyst drivers/Control Center. Basically the aim is to find all the individual ATI graphics driver files and remove them manually. The instructions differ based on your OS:

Windows XP: Go to your C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directories, and find and delete all files beginning with 'ATI...'. You may notice that some of these files keep recreating themselves - don't worry, these are just the default XP ATI drivers which are protected and can't be permanently deleted. Just delete all the ATI driver files and let XP decide which default files the system should keep. Alternatively you can use the Windows Search function (Start>Search), with the search string ATI*.* to make searching and deletion faster. Importantly however, do not delete the files under the \ServicePackFiles or \Lastgood directories, or under any game or application-specific directories. Just stick to files found under the two directories mentioned earlier.

Finally, make sure you delete the entire program folder(s) where you installed the Catalysts. The default install location is C:\ATI and/or C:\ATI Technologies but if you chose another location when installing, go there and delete the folder and all its contents. Also delete the \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\ATI and \Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI directories if you have previously installed the ATI Catalyst Control Center at any point.

Windows Vista: See the 'Viewing, Updating or Uninstalling Drivers' section of the Windows Drivers chapter of the TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows Vista. It is trickier to manually remove driver traces in Vista, so you must read the instructions carefully to see how it's done.

Finally, make sure you delete the entire program folder(s) where you installed the Catalyst drivers. The default install location is Program Files\ATI Technologies but if you chose another location when installing, go there and delete the folder and all its contents. Note, while I recommend learning to use the manual method, if you are worried about accidentally deleting the wrong file, use the free Driver Sweeper utility.

4. This step is optional, but again it is recommended if you want to ensure a "clean install". It involves removing any ATI registry entries left over. To do this, I recommend using either RegSupreme, or its earlier (and completely free) cousin, RegCleaner 4.3. To use RegSupreme, start the program and once it has cached your files, start a 'Deep' scan, then wait and choose the 'All' item under the Select menu to highlight all the 'invalid entries' found, and click the Fix button to remove them all, making sure to save a backup under a descriptive name. To use RegCleaner, open the program and on the front page put a tick next to all the 'ATI'-related entries, and then click the 'Remove Selected' button. If you want to use the Windows XP Registry Editor instead, go to Start>Run and type "RegEdit" (without quotes). Then go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key, select the 'Software' subkey, and scroll down to the 'ATI', 'ATI Technologies' and 'ATI Technologies Inc.' entries. Right-Click on each of these keys and select Delete to remove them. Note that this method is not as thorough as using RegSupreme or RegCleaner, which find other hidden ATI entries.

That should remove all the bits and pieces of old Catalyst drivers and Control Centers/Panels which have been installed on your system previously. Of course the quickest method is to just run the ATI Software Uninstall Utility, but as I said, if you're installing the ATI Catalyst Control Centre for the first time, if you have a history of graphical problems, if you've installed multiple versions of the Catalysts without a cleanout, or you are reverting to an older version of the Catalysts from a newer one, I strongly suggest you follow all four steps above at least once."

ATI TweakGuides

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'