[REPORTED]Spawning above the ground issue in 2.5.6 OB.

Art-J

Hello there.

It seems 2.5.6 release brought an issue with the way L-39 spawns in single player missions starting on the ground (all of them from cold start ones to runway ones).

Once an airplane and map loads up, but before hitting the "Fly" button, one can notice, especially in F2 cam view, that the plane spawns a couple of inches above the ground, with its gear dampers fully extracted and wheels "sinking" into the tarmac (some additional collision detection issue, perhaps?). Now, I recall that's always been the case, but in previous versions I think the plane was "hung" in the air a bit lower. I don't have a 2.5.5 installed to check.

As a result, when hitting "Fly" button in 2.5.6, the plane drops on the tarmac and in some initial conditions such a spike of negative G input might cause scripted, relevant effects (ear ringing, blurred vision), as you can see in a replay track I'm posting below. The track was recorded on NTTR map, in the Monday OpenBeta build, but It can be played in latest build as well.

Checked a couple of random training and instant missions on Caucasus too. They don't seem to be yielding the ear-ringing effect, but all have the plane spawning too high.

Cheers,

Art

2.5.6_L39_spawn.trk

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 8 months later...

Found this thread cause I encountered ear ringing and blurred vision problem right after spawning at Creech AFB NTTR map in L-39C and L-39 ZA.

I think, it's not spawning above the ground, it's a problem with airports not being at or near sea level.

See detail screenshots of the cabin altitude / differential pressure gauge attached.

Creech is around 3000ft above sea level. On the loading screen, the cabin alt registers as 0 meters. As soon as the mission starts the gauge shows around 1000 m of cabin altitude combined with ear ringing and blurred vision. So that's coming from decrompression. With a cold and dark and canopy open, the cabin should load with environment pressure but seems to load with sea level pressure. Once un-paused, the pressure drops and you notice decompression results.

DCS/2.5.6.55960

@BIGNEWY: Could this please be checked?

Screen_201212_144428.png

Screen_201212_144432.png

spawn.jpg

spawn_2.jpg

trackfile attached

L-39C_Creech.trk

• ED Team

Hi gulredrel

I can not play the replay as it contains user mods but can you confirm your oxygen is on?

In DCS if you have a helmet it is assumed on and the oxygen must be on

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi gulredrel

I can not play the replay as it contains user mods but can you confirm your oxygen is on?

In DCS if you have a helmet it is assumed on and the oxygen must be on

I also have this issue. The reproduction steps are very easy.

1- Open the mission editor with Persian gulf map

2- Place a L39 in the airport that is at the top north (Kerman airport) because that one is quite high (5700 ft)

3- Set the L39 to start from ramp and controlled by player

4- Start the mission and see how you're with blurred vision

Bug.trk

Edited by -Dagger-

• ED Team

Apologies, my search skills failed me the first time, 

I do have this reported internally, I will try and chase it up with the team

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [REPORTED]Spawning above the ground issue in 2.5.6 OB.