Thrustmaster MFD's

Hi Guys

I have almost all of the hardware that you would need (Warthog Hotas & Peddles etc), but now i am starting to play around more with aircraft with full colour function displays (A10, Harrier, F18) i am wondering whether the MFD's would be a good addition.

Especially as my ageing eyes can barely see anything small in these cockpits, trying to find a specific button is like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes, so i end up using the zoom a lot................i mean A LOT!

Would the MFD's make this sort of thing easier, especially when targeting ground units rather than using the displays on screen.

Thanks

Chillybean

i7-9700K, 32GB Corsair 3000Ghz RAM, Geforce 1660Ti, Samsung Evo970 M.2 SSD x 2 drives, Trackir5, SRS, Voiceattack

I'm in the same boat with ageing eyes, and I bought a set about six months ago to use with a couple of non-flight sim games that require lots of keyboard commands. I find them to be incredibly useful, but I haven't set them up for DCS yet (still waiting for my HOTAS).

The software is excellent, so mapping keys to them is quite easy. As SVgamer72 said, they only come with cardboard inserts that simulate a display. There is a set that you can write on, or you can cut or print your own & swap them out for whatever games you play.

I know that doesn't really answer your question about using them for DCS, but I thought I'd share my experience with them.

I use them in DCS (or, used them) for the A10C and will be setting them up for the Harrier and F18C once I get an 11.6" screen to mount them on. I have them currently mounted to an old 22" LCD screen (1680x1050), but it was too big and heavy for the arm I had it mounted to and would constantly droop, which was really annoying. I digress.

They are really useful once they are set up, and will free up a lot of buttons on your HOTAS. I had to use the DCS Virtual Cockpit Server (https://bit-shift.com/dcsvcserver/help) to get the A10C to play nice, but was able to use that to modify and figure out the F15C. I haven't tried it yet with the Harrier/F18.

The other really good option is setting custom snap views to the MFD's:

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Err i dont think a lot of people would agree with you there Ocendar

at least not in the present climate!! LOL

i7-9700K, 32GB Corsair 3000Ghz RAM, Geforce 1660Ti, Samsung Evo970 M.2 SSD x 2 drives, Trackir5, SRS, Voiceattack

• 4 weeks later...

I use them,

I put them with sticky putty onto a couple of non touch 800-600 usb monitors. The functionality is fantastic.

I just cut up a foal flooring tile to make something for my desk, not great photos but you will get the idea.

9989d5157c1eda38c3f21d1850a6feba.jpg

5ce98f20b948f29b6ee9c28f186c0e68.jpg

b379efe8c5371c40b11ffd6eeed0f701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk