mission 4 checkpoit frequency

vracan

Hi there

In mission 4 Peter tells me to set checkpoint Sierra Mike frequency to 52.5MHZ "just in case" on ARC-131 radio, but then later(and in the kneeboard info) says 52.00MHZ.

So which one is it please 52.0 or 52.5MHZ??

Thank you

Hi there

In mission 4 Peter tells me to set checkpoint Sierra Mike frequency to 52.5MHZ "just in case" on ARC-131 radio, but then later(and in the kneeboard info) says 52.00MHZ.

So which one is it please 52.0 or 52.5MHZ??

Thank you

I am out of the office but out of my memory:

Stet the frequency to the channel told at Batumi Apron and the mission will work without any problem.

We already fixed that issue internally, and it will be updated in a few weeks, to eliminate the confusion.

But many thanks for the information. Al info even about smaller issues is appreciated.

As well as any feedback to the campaign or single missions.

Many thanks and always happy landings :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Thankyou. So far Im enjoying the campaign very much. It's the only thing I look forward to in this covid home lockdown.

The only thing that I would say needs improvement is some of the voice-overs, which force me to miss cues and redo the missions. Problems are with hearing(volume too low) and/or understanding(too strong accents/speaking to fast). Peter is the only one that is clear.

thanks!

Any tips on landing at that overwatch position in the mountains?

Its a slope landing and on top of that I get blinded by whiteout from the dirt so always end up crashing there.

Hi vracan,

Yes, what happened on my first attempt I tried to land line abreast of Wolf 1 on his 9 / 8 clock but it was in the downslope and the chopper tilted down and I broke it.

On the second attempt I noticed there was a kind of crest and decided to land on the 7clck of Wolf 1 on the upslope, before the crest. It was much better and it was successful.

That’s what I’d recommend.

Good luck,

Sydy

Hi vracan,

Yes, what happened on my first attempt I tried to land line abreast of Wolf 1 on his 9 / 8 clock but it was in the downslope and the chopper tilted down and I broke it.

On the second attempt I noticed there was a kind of crest and decided to land on the 7clck of Wolf 1 on the upslope, before the crest. It was much better and it was successful.

That’s what I’d recommend.

Good luck,

Sydy

You are absolutely right.

The LZ is right at the mountain ridge.

The safest and correct way is to land on the upslope side. Get contact with the front part of the skids and then settle down with the tail. So you have a nose up situation on the ground. Unfortunately, the AI in DCS refuses to do so I believe because of collision warning and only lands on the backside of the ridge with an unsafe nose-down condition.

:pilotfly:

When flying with your wingman it is always a good idea to stay to the left of him and slightly behind. Even during a landing or on the ground. This is a good way to keep always visual contact without the need for looking out of the side windows.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

thanks!

Any tips on landing at that overwatch position in the mountains?

Its a slope landing and on top of that I get blinded by whiteout from the dirt so always end up crashing there.

Improving your approach and landing skills?

If you like to contact me on DISCORD we teach online and promise fast improvements. :smartass:

Always happy landings ;)

You are absolutely right.

The LZ is right at the mountain ridge.

The safest and correct way is to land on the upslope side. Get contact with the front part of the skids and then settle down with the tail. So you have a nose up situation on the ground. Unfortunately, the AI in DCS refuses to do so I believe because of collision warning and only lands on the backside of the ridge with an unsafe nose-down condition.

:pilotfly:

When flying with your wingman it is always a good idea to stay to the left of him and slightly behind. Even during a landing or on the ground. This is a good way to keep always visual contact without the need for looking out of the side windows.

But that is not proper way to land on slopes in real life. Watch any youtube videos on real life slope landings and they tell you you are suppose to land sideways, upslope skid first.

But that is not proper way to land on slopes in real life. Watch any youtube videos on real life slope landings and they tell you you are suppose to land sideways, upslope skid first.

That is also correct but it depends on the situation.

If you are alone you do it sideways, the tail rotor away from the slope.

The tail rotor is the main issue at slope landings.

In close formation and depending on the amount of slope the way I subscribed it for the mission may be less dangerous because you have always visual to your wingman.

Refer to some Vietnam Videos, when they drop troops on mountain ridges they don't care about "normal procedures" out of the Pilots operating handbook because of the special circumstances.

The pilot has to know the rules, but during a flight, he is the final authority and usually, the difference between good or bad or alive or dead pilots is the decisions they made.

One actual example:

The rotor strike of two Police helicopters in Los Angeles, one landing and one preparing for takeoff during rain. The landing pilot with water on the windshield and therefore bad visibility referring to the Handbook and tried to land directly on the H (which promised safe clearance) without clarification of the actual situation. The helicopter on the takeoff run for any reason not correctly placed on the H by the ground personal ...... boooom.

So in the military world, you still have the rules and the procedures but often the circumstances are not standardized because of a highly dynamic and for other reasons deadly environment.

Always happy landings ;)

That is also correct but it depends on the situation.

If you are alone you do it sideways, the tail rotor away from the slope.

The tail rotor is the main issue at slope landings.

In close formation and depending on the amount of slope the way I subscribed it for the mission may be less dangerous because you have always visual to your wingman.

Refer to some Vietnam Videos, when they drop troops on mountain ridges they don't care about "normal procedures" out of the Pilots operating handbook because of the special circumstances.

The pilot has to know the rules, but during a flight, he is the final authority and usually, the difference between good or bad or alive or dead pilots is the decisions they made.

One actual example:

The rotor strike of two Police helicopters in Los Angeles, one landing and one preparing for takeoff during rain. The landing pilot with water on the windshield and therefore bad visibility referring to the Handbook and tried to land directly on the H (which promised safe clearance) without clarification of the actual situation. The helicopter on the takeoff run for any reason not correctly placed on the H by the ground personal ...... boooom.

So in the military world, you still have the rules and the procedures but often the circumstances are not standardized because of a highly dynamic and for other reasons deadly environment.

got it! and thanks again about freeing up a UH-1 slot on the tournament for me!

ok got past that landing, landing as you guys said worked. Thank you

But now I getting stuck at after the first bridge visual inspection where the 2 tires are.

I finish the inspection and Hans too and then Peter tells me to fly back while wolf1 continues----but fly back to where?? s/m ,home, bridge 2? where is that bridge 2?

Getting to be frustrating Instructions are soo fast no time to read them as they disappear too fast(never mind trying to listen cuz it's not intelligible)

Edited by vracan

ok got past that landing, landing as you guys said worked. Thank you

But now I getting stuck at after the first bridge visual inspection where the 2 tires are.

I finish the inspection and Hans too and then Peter tells me to fly back while wolf1 continues----but fly back to where?? s/m ,home, bridge 2? where is that bridge 2?

Getting to be frustrating Instructions are soo fast no time to read them as they disappear too fast(never mind trying to listen cuz it's not intelligible)

Back to the checkpoint where you started the mission.

There is the bomb squad already arrived and waiting for you.

Pick them up and fly them to the bridge and the tires. :pilotfly:

Too late for you but we working on the timeframes massages are displayed.

Always happy landings ;)