HUD Airspeed Values

-Zero-

Hi every one, I saw in a lot of photos and videos of F-16 HUD's showing the airspeed in dozens (?) like:

150 as 15.

Is this something that I can toggle or specific of one Block/Model?

Thanks!

"God doesn't give people talents that he doesn't want people to use. And he gave you The Touch. It's a power inside of you, down there where you keep your guts boy. It's all you need to blast your way in and get back what they took from you..." - Chappy Sinclair

It would depend on the HUD and the software version.

Do you have any links for the "lots of photos and videos" showing the airspeed scale that way?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It would depend on the HUD and the software version.

Do you have any links for the "lots of photos and videos" showing the airspeed scale that way?

:

All the videos are looking old, maybe it's from a old software version.

"God doesn't give people talents that he doesn't want people to use. And he gave you The Touch. It's a power inside of you, down there where you keep your guts boy. It's all you need to blast your way in and get back what they took from you..." - Chappy Sinclair

The "analog tape" variants show speed like you said. The DCS variant has the "digital box" in the middle of the tape is the 3 digit digital variety. The analog tape which surrounds (above/below) the digital box is still in 10s of knots.

The scales can be decluttered to full (box + tape) or just the digital boxes by the scales HUD remote control panel switch.

The videos linked are from earlier tape-only F-16s. I don't think it's possible to have only the analog tape with no digital boxes in the DCS variant in any mode or preference configuration.

Bc9It6thmhI?start=21

Old HUD software, could not tell version, but USAF manuals have not mention that gun symbology (LCOS, SSLC) since the 1990. Also, if the audio is to be trusted, this would be a different F-16 that what we have in DCS.

9ecfe64RyNQ?start=56

Different country, not sure when they updated their software

2uh4yMAx2UA?start=77

This is during Desert Storm, same, old HUD software

zaVoJ9-ZN90?start=3

same story

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..