MINN ANG

==Wiggy==

Did this for a friend of mine. Can someone tell me how to enable the pilot helmet to the WWII cap? I've tried using the texture and model callout below but no joy....I'm clearly missing something!

Also, can someone tell me how to get drop tanks?

{"pilot_P51_helmet_b", 0 ,"pilot_P51_helmet_b",true};

Screen_200403_134508.png

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Can someone tell me how to enable the pilot helmet to the WWII cap? I've tried using the texture and model callout below but no joy....I'm clearly missing something!

This can be changed with the "id"-Parameter. Here an example of my liveries:

{"pilot_P51_helmet_B", 0 ,"pilot_P51_helmet_b",false};
 {"pilot_P51_head_B", 0 ,"pilot_p51_head_a",true}; -- pilot face color (head_a or head_b)
}
name = "Swiss J-901 Evaluation"
--countries = {"SUI","USA"}
id = 10 -- Tuskegee Airmen
--id = 4 -- USAF Pilot with WWII helmet

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Rick, great job, especially on the difference between the lacquered and bare metal parts on the wings. I'm not a fan of highly polished skins either, I think you nailed it. One thing maybe, overall it looks a tad too dark to me. What is the base color you used for aluminum? Try 245,246,246, which is the "official" albedo value acoording to several pbr sites.

Copy Reflected/Sport. I was already leaning that way...I didn't remove 100% of the gun grime...about 25% remains. It now matches closely the the other weathering on the panel lines and rivets. Can tell it's in use but it's also not a completely washed down bird. I've also gone to a lighter base color. I didn't go quite to 245 peak brightness. I kept the peak at 220. Hopefully you all like it. I've also included a Khaki colored flight suit. Uploading now.

Screen_200405_122012.png

Screen_200405_122137.png

Screen_200405_122638.png

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Beautiful skin.

This would look great as a civilian skin for the TF - remove the USAF markings and maybe make the red along the back go straight down the back and make the vertical stabilizer red as well. Just a thought.

Beautiful skin.

This would look great as a civilian skin for the TF - remove the USAF markings and maybe make the red along the back go straight down the back and make the vertical stabilizer red as well. Just a thought.

Totally agree... I might do that personally

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, Art-J said:

Found it in my addons folder. I hope Rick/Wiggy doesn't mind me re-posting it:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8b90hflv4a97zxl/MINN+ANG+MUSTANG+by+000rick000.zip/file

You're a champ, thanks much.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!