Flat shadows removal mod

I noted that ED has decided to encrypt the metashaders folder with 2.7.7 release.  The path is now ..\\Bazar\shaders\metashaders.edc and no edits to these files will function any longer.  It's the same type of encryption as when they encrypted the sound files.

I'm gonna just come out and say what I and a lot of people have probably been thinking for a long time.  Despite the assertions that they support mods and modders, they have systematically reduced the ability to mod the game.  They've been doing this for over a year now.

I find it ironic that another file that received a bunch of updates in this release was the ONE database file they gave us access to again after changes some months back.  The db_countries.lua.  And a lot of those changes are to include the MB-339A for various countries, obviously in preparation for it's release.  And of course that module has it's origins in a community mod.

What can you say?  Every single release now, I'm expecting something else to be taken away.  Just my opinion, but show me the evidence that I'm wrong.

• Like 3

mustangs mod relied on being able to edit the now encrypted metashaders directory ... in summary .. you cant there is no ui/lua file that you can use, so far

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

indeed, a real bummer this no longer is functional... 

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Shaders mod not working anymore, shadow mod not working anymore. All these beautiful things to get the sim playing smooth are being taken away. What's next? 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Is it possible to create a mod which removes all terrain and sky textures & shaders ?

As to run DCS on old systems for flight path recording.

I have an old PC with a GF 555M and it runs ok-ish on lowest settings but not great.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, scutxd said:

I think the shadow of trees does affect the performance to a certain extent, and it doesn't look very good either. But if we also remove the shadow of the buildings, wouldn't the sense of immersion be reduced?

except in very specific cases that I can not reproduce anymore (dawn,...)  removing shadows shaders is not improving fps. Either ypu de activate globally shadows or you will have fps loss...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste