Making flying more comfortable

Hey fellow simmers,

I need some advice on how to make my controls setup more comfortable, as currently it is causing me back pain.

After adding a 10cm extension to my TM Warthog it now hits the front of my seat (more than it did before) which means I have to lean forward and sit uncomfortably.

The improved control feel from adding the extension is excellent, especially for helicopters so I loathe to remove it or add a longer extension.

Photos of current setup, applogies in advance for the mess and crotch shots!

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZYblTkZRut8X4cR2WjKm6K1jngOhuNilEw7

Any suggestions on what I should change?

Thanks all!

1 Cut out seat .

2. Use a large cushion on the seatback to move forward .

3. Fab an offset extension like an L . This would require a longer cable .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Switch the straight extension for a S-type extension and/or reduce ingame axis length. I reduced mine to 50% (X and Y) and still got 15mm space between stick and seat at full ingame axis deflection. Also i'm sitting comfortable and have still way more precision than a stock Warthog.

SimRig.thumb.JPG.57af05cee4f0fff7f308c254c0d8b1af.JPG

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I struggled with the same issue for quite a while. For now I've settled on using some cushions on my seat back (with a cover to keep them all in place) of my Playseat chair, to push me forward in the seat, and then the seat slides forward right up against the stick. My legs probably overhang the chair more than I'd ideally like, but at least I can comfortably reach everything. Having a cutout around the stick wouldn't quite work with my setup because I also use a Jetseat (the orange and black pad visible on the seat) and I definitely don't want to cut into that.

IMG_1036.thumb.JPG.715ad20e8a1194f15b0826b64c002886.JPG

I know a guy who makes custom bent-neck shaped joystick extension bars for the warthog that also include the cable.

DM me and I'll pass on your email to him and he will help you out. He's amazing.

DM sent.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Hey fellow simmers,

I need some advice on how to make my controls setup more comfortable, as currently it is causing me back pain.

After adding a 10cm extension to my TM Warthog it now hits the front of my seat (more than it did before) which means I have to lean forward and sit uncomfortably.

The improved control feel from adding the extension is excellent, especially for helicopters so I loathe to remove it or add a longer extension.

Photos of current setup, applogies in advance for the mess and crotch shots!

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZYblTkZRut8X4cR2WjKm6K1jngOhuNilEw7

Any suggestions on what I should change?

Thanks all!

My guest would be your pedal position is to close.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Did you fabricate the chair set up yourself or was was it a kitset?

It's originally a SimRacing rig i purchased a flight sim kit for. I had to drill holes to attach the Warthog base center mounted and i'm still in the process of building a DIY mount to attach my cougar MFD's. And the TPR pedals didn't match perfectly so i had to drill 2 extra holes, but that's all. Not self constructed at all, just a bit customized.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2