Update 2.5.6 for Supercarrier requirement

hawa0835

I guess your question is basically if you can play Supercarrier on release date in the stable version? I am quite sure that this will not be possible even if 2.5.6 goes into stable befor the official release date. Most or all modules had some time in the Open Beta only. At least for a few weeks.

New modules always hit open beta first only, then stable weeks later.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

OB users might see the carrier on 15 April but it's gonna be bad

You must have a lot of insight into ED's development process to make statements like this

Lag spikes, poor FPS for pretty much anyone not running a $10,000 rig with all the settings turned way down. ANd if you're a VR user, vaya con dios, muchacho.

Guess I'm the exception here. Lag spikes are as good/bad as always on the hoggit servers, FPS didn't change much and I don't need to turn down any settings on my non-10k rig using VR.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• ED Team

I would suggest if you want to use the super carrier when it gets released to early access you use the open beta 2.5.6. unless you are happy to wait until it makes it to stable version. I have no time frame for you at this stage.

You can run both stable and open beta if you have room.

If your only reason for having open beta is the super carrier you would only need to install the carrier and your aircraft ( hornet for example ) so would not take up to much room.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

"...unless you are happy to wait until it makes it to stable version. I have no time frame for you at this stage."

ED does know the difference between early access and open beta test right? Perhaps a more constructive question would be what time frame are we looking at for a stable 2.5.6 release so we can all get early access to Super Carrier? Thanks

Around the same time that ED changed their targeted release day of the week from Friday to Wednesday, they also said that they would like to release an OB patch followed by a stable patch the following week, if no major issues are reported. That cycle went pretty well, then they said a patch every 2 weeks ( so 1 OB patch and 1 stable patch a month). With recent OB updates, it takes much longer due to the fundamental changes that were introduced in 2.5.6 - better night lighting just to name one.

You don't want 2.5.6 right now. If you only use stable because you don't want the problems of 2.5.6. you jsut wanna bide your time and not hope they hurry up. OB users might see the carrier on 15 April but it's gonna be bad, because 2.5.6. is anything but stable. Lag spikes, poor FPS for pretty much anyone not running a $10,000 rig with all the settings turned way down. ANd if you're a VR user, vaya con dios, muchacho.

I, like sFLYa, must be the great exception. I have not seen most of the issues people have talked about in 2.5.6. Other than normal bugs that everyone deals with. My non-VR FPS is still at 120, with VR around 60. My $2k rig works just fine on mostly max settings. To stay on topic, I am glad ED won't rush to push the SC on stable. Give them time to get it right.

I, like sFLYa, must be the great exception. I have not seen most of the issues people have talked about in 2.5.6. Other than normal bugs that everyone deals with. My non-VR FPS is still at 120, with VR around 60. My $2k rig works just fine on mostly max settings. To stay on topic, I am glad ED won't rush to push the SC on stable. Give them time to get it right.

Hey, buddy.

Would you do a test for me? Would you use the 'create a mission" feature, go to 'advanced' and then make sure all the unit settings on the right, for Red and Blue forces are set to MAX. Then, go into the Mission Editor and use the "Unit" feature and tell me how many total units there are.... and then fly the mission and give us a FPS performance report? I'm curious how a system like yours can handle 200/250+ units. I'm particularly curious how your rig performs when Red and Blue ground forces converge and start shooting at each other. My rig is only moderate in comparison to yours, but in 2.5.6, when ground forces start shooting, my FPS drop dramatically (this is when I'm flying the Hornet). In 2.5.5, this wasn't a problem. Thanks for considering this test. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Hey, buddy.

Would you do a test for me? Would you use the 'create a mission" feature, go to 'advanced' and then make sure all the unit settings on the right, for Red and Blue forces are set to MAX. Then, go into the Mission Editor and use the "Unit" feature and tell me how many total units there are.... and then fly the mission and give us a FPS performance report? I'm curious how a system like yours can handle 200/250+ units. I'm particularly curious how your rig performs when Red and Blue ground forces converge and start shooting at each other. My rig is only moderate in comparison to yours, but in 2.5.6, when ground forces start shooting, my FPS drop dramatically (this is when I'm flying the Hornet). In 2.5.5, this wasn't a problem. Thanks for considering this test. :thumbup:

I will absolutely try this test and take screenshots. Trust me, I don't mean to make lite of others that are having issues, as I believe people are seeing performance issues.

I will absolutely try this test and take screenshots. Trust me, I don't mean to make lite of others that are having issues, as I believe people are seeing performance issues.

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate it! :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

If it is not too much of an imposition could you do it with Performance Monitor on as well?

Prior to 2.5 I did this and increased my Ram for 16 to 24 and increased the Preload radius to get rid of stutters. It would be interesting to see if you are have the same bottlenecks as we do and if you don't we can look at why.

I would suggest if you want to use the super carrier when it gets released to early access you use the open beta 2.5.6. unless you are happy to wait until it makes it to stable version. I have no time frame for you at this stage.

I can understand whilst a new product is in development it can be difficult to give an estimated release date until it is nearly finished - due to the vagaries of projects...but as you've got to a point where you're comfortable giving people a release date for Supercarrier into openbeta (April 15th) - why is it unrealistic to expect similar information to users on the stable branch?

I purchased the Supercarrier module as an early access product when it was announced too...If it is that close to completion (merely days) surely you are in a position to give an estimated date - at least as far as saying it'll be days/weeks/months behind the open beta release...

Airbag_signatur.png

I don't get why people don't understand this. You don't have to be a developer to get it. If something isn't stable enough, why would you push it to stable? Right now, 2.5.6 is giving the devs a huge run around trying to fix major bugs and people want them to release this to the stable version. They're obviously having a hard time fixing or figuring out the performance issues and that's just one of many issues, and people want them to give a timeline on when a stable version is coming.doh.gif

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

You don't want 2.5.6 right now. If you only use stable because you don't want the problems of 2.5.6. you jsut wanna bide your time and not hope they hurry up. OB users might see the carrier on 15 April but it's gonna be bad, because 2.5.6. is anything but stable. Lag spikes, poor FPS for pretty much anyone not running a $10,000 rig with all the settings turned way down. ANd if you're a VR user, vaya con dios, muchacho.

Incorrect. I also did not see any major changes. It went down a bit right at first, but with successive patches seems to have stabilised. I also play VR. I do not play ANYTHING ''turned way down''. Water is on medium, shadows on low, everything else is high. On 2d everything is maxed.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

So I'm gonna be adding the F16 to the hanger and also wanted to get the Supercarrier, Should I wait or go for it now. It's only a couple bucks difference between the sale price and the regular. Will the price go up when it becomes complete?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

So April 15th is the date the game is going into open beta? To be fair to ED it does say "Requires DCS World Open Beta version 2.5.6 or above!" but the understanding was Super Carrier would be released to a stable 2.5.6 update.

Would be good to get some clarity on the full release date for Super Carrier, are we talking a few weeks or more realistically Summer into Q3?

So April 15th is the date the game is going into open beta? To be fair to ED it does say "Requires DCS World Open Beta version 2.5.6 or above!" but the understanding was Super Carrier would be released to a stable 2.5.6 update.

Would be good to get some clarity on the full release date for Super Carrier, are we talking a few weeks or more realistically Summer into Q3?

Can you clarify your question? It will get to stable once that open beta version is ready for stable.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Can you clarify your question? It will get to stable once that open beta version is ready for stable.

That's fair, I'm looking for a time frame for when that might be. Are we talking a few weeks or months? I'm trying to understand what it actually is that I've bought into by pre-purchasing Super Carrier. I was under the impression I'd bought early access to the module being released on a stable game. It's looking like I've accidentally bought into beta testing which I don't have the time to be a part of.

That's fair, I'm looking for a time frame for when that might be. Are we talking a few weeks or months? I'm trying to understand what it actually is that I've bought into by pre-purchasing Super Carrier. I was under the impression I'd bought early access to the module being released on a stable game. It's looking like I've accidentally bought into beta testing which I don't have the time to be a part of.

Typically it’s not been more than a couple weeks for past releases.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD