DCS World Question

Semipro

I have noticed my C drive is growing and I looked and DCS World in over 100 gigs, it this normal for an install to be this big, I Have A-10 F15C and F/A-18C mods.

There have been many updates to this as well, is their old file bing kept in the install folder I can delete?

Thanks for any help.

[sIGPIC]http://www.388th.org/images/mb_sig/semipro.jpg[/sIGPIC]

System Specs:

MB: SABERTOOTH X79,

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32 GB

SSD: ATA Corsair Neutron SCSI Disk Device 128GB

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Yes, DCS is a really big install. Mine is about twice that size, it really depends on what addons and maps you have installed, especially maps can take up quite a big amount of space. One thing I find is that the Multiplayer Tracks take up quite some space after time, so I delete those every now and then to save a few gigs.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

If there's a sub-folder called "_downloads" in the main game folder, you can delete contents of it as well (these are temporary installation files and normally they should be deleted by installer but sometimes are left there). That being said, with barebones DCSW with nothing but free content already taking about 75-80 gigs of space, purchasing new modules will make the folder grow fast.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If there's a sub-folder called "_downloads" in the main game folder, you can delete contents of it as well (these are temporary installation files and normally they should be deleted by installer but sometimes are left there). That being said, with barebones DCSW with nothing but free content already taking about 75-80 gigs of space, purchasing new modules will make the folder grow fast.

Thanks for the tip about the "Downloads" folder. I'm new to the game and found that my folder was close to 12 GB. Had leftovers from a few planes, but mainly the maps that I bought.

I moved the file first, just to make sure there would be no problems removing them, but the game works perfectly, so I can now delete them.

Hmm, now I have room for more modules...