Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Hi!

Our team wants to introduce first feature of the server we are currently working on. This feature is Search and Rescue routine. We are not using CTLD or CSAR public scripts for it. We've developed our own solution which we hope you will like. We also will gather all activities from server to SQL database and later planning to try and implement economy with persistence. Currently your flight time and completed SAR missions will be logged automatically and you can check this stat on server.

We chose this niche of DCS Multiplayer because we feel it is where Multiplayer in DCS is lacking. SAR functionality is only around 15-20% of all features we want to introduce on this server and connect it with economy and persistent stat.

We create this thread mostly for collecting feedback.

Current SaRS (Search and Rescue Server) alpha test briefing:

Welcome to the SAR-Server

This Server is all about SAR. You will find a set of available missions you can fly. Fly to the SAR missions and either hover above them or land next to them to pickup stranded/injured people. This region have too many lost people for some reason and you are here to save them all..

If the missions are in a forest or between high houses, you can adjust the length of your rope via F10 Radio Menu.

Everything you do is stored in a database. Your flight time will accumulate over time and we will always know how many Units you have rescued.

Hospitals have a limited capacity. Some are bigger than others, and some may be quite small. If there is no capacity left, you'll have to fly a transport mission and bring Units to a bigger hospital.

Helicopters are stripped from all additional armor and IR exhaust suppressors.

This server is in alpha state. Your feedback is very welcome!

Weight of picked up passengers is instantly added to airframe, take that into account in mountain regions and be careful.

We are working on gameplay calculations as well: difficulty of the missions, distance, etc. So everything is subject to change and subject to your feedback.

Live web page is also possible, we are reviewing options...

Server name: Search And Rescue Server

Address: 145.239.150.127:10312

SRS: 145.239.150.127:5008

Server name: Search And Rescue Server - Syria

Address: 145.239.150.127:10313

SRS: 145.239.150.127:5009

edit 1: if helicopter crash it will check a probability of crew and passengers surviving and spawn a new SAR mission on crash site

Slingload ops added Changelog:

- Sling load functionality and transport missions added

We also introduced a new base type: Factories. They currently only produce medical supply which is used by Hospitals to heal patients. If a hospital runs out of supply it will still take patients, but they wont heal and thus wont get released - on a positive note: they also wont die, more on that below.

To avoid hospitals clogging up with patients make sure they have constant supply. Also: the more patients a hospital has, the faster a hospitals supply level will drain.

- Injured people now have a health status.

SAR Units will spawn with a random health level (between 20-80%). As long as they are in the field, their health status will slowly get worse. If it takes too long to pick them up and their health drops below 0, they die and despawn.

Likewise, a unit with better health will get released from hospital sooner and will consume less medical supply while getting healed.

- We've swapped the infantry units for more civil looking ones

- airfield will now provide fuel

- we've added more windsocks

- there's a new hospital in Tbilisi

- theres a new rescue area west of Tbilisi

- we've added two factories, one east of Tbilisi and one East of Kutaisi.

- Some Mi-8 slots to Mi-8s with halfdoor removed (Making them lighter).

- a few bugfixes and minor other fixes

Missions now have different weather presets, we will see how it will work and probably add more presets later. Come of the current presets have challenging weather conditions. Each mission running 6 hrs. Except heavy weather conditions one which are running 4 hrs. for now

edit2: New changes:

- added bearing to mission and base-directions

- improved overal message display

- switched back to infantry units instead of carrier personel

- fixed a few bugs in the system that could potentially break functionality

edit3:  ADDED FIRE FIGHTING

• Check attached document "firefighting_manual" for details
  • Alternatively you can check this post: 
  • Changed clinic status message frequency to 4 minutes

firefighting_manual.pdf

edit4: ADDED SYRIA MAP SERVER INFO

Edited by Multiplayer team
  • Like 7

Splendid, thank you!

I hope to get a working PC again soon so I can test it! :-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Nice!

Suggestions:

- Would you also consider other types of transportation, not only people (e.g. materials, sling, etc..)?

- Please remember about the weather, the sky is not always blue and clear, to make missions even more interesting and challanging :)

Nice!

Suggestions:

- Would you also consider other types of transportation, not only people (e.g. materials, sling, etc..)?

- Please remember about the weather, the sky is not always blue and clear, to make missions even more interesting and challenging :)

A lot more planned than just SAR to be included. Transport of things is one of the obvious things would be needed to create some kind of economy. So that will not be missing.

Current weather have wind, and some people on server already liked it, currently there is no way to set it to truly random so that is something we will probably take manually on.

had some great fun flying on your server today! It reminded me why I love my huey! Enjoyed how a few of the recuse mission are in very tight spots. You will need a few flying skills to safely get on the ground. looking forward to more development!

I would like to see the rescue mission spread out a little bit more away from the home base. Heck, I'll gladly fly 10-15 miles easy to complete a single rescue or transport mission. :pilotfly:

Great stuff so far! keep it up!

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

had some great fun flying on your server today! It reminded me why I love my huey! Enjoyed how a few of the recuse mission are in very tight spots. You will need a few flying skills to safely get on the ground. looking forward to more development!

I would like to see the rescue mission spread out a little bit more away from the home base. Heck, I'll gladly fly 10-15 miles easy to complete a single rescue or transport mission. :pilotfly:

Great stuff so far! keep it up!

Glad you like it, and thanks for the feedback!

If you fly the missions in the "ski resort" around Mt. Elbrus you should find greater distances. If that's not far enough, we'll be happy to add an even bigger zone. Also, the medical center in this area has a rather limited capacity, so you will have to bring rescued units down to Ambrolauri or Kutaisi at one point anyway. The current layout is really preliminary and we are indeed looking for feedback on what the Community likes to fly.

Most of the work so far has gone into the SAR-code to make sure we don't waste cpu cycles. We wanted it to be able to handle many pilots with many active sar-missions at the same time, without negatively affecting performance.

We are currently investigating a bug where the mission-list would stop working. If that's the case for any one please try switching to another slot. This should temporarily solve the issue until we have a fix.

Happy flying! And please keep the feedback coming!

:joystick:

Love the concept of this server.

Really like the idea, but please we need ADF signals, bad weather and night operations.

And no show units over the F10 map

A nice idea would be maybe to have scaled difficulty. So you could have your units that show on the F10 map and aalso units that don't show and only have a vague grid reference. Weather and time of day changes would be cool also.

In the future some combat SAR would be cool too. Even if in a certain part of the map for pilots who want more of a challenge.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Hey guys, the adjust rope length feature is currently bugged bc the option shows on the F11 option which is the default to 'go back' so instead of giving you the option to adjust the rope length it just exits the menu.

2eObXQE.png

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Really like the idea, but please we need ADF signals, bad weather and night operations.

And no show units over the F10 map

Thank you for your feedback! We would actually be really interested to hear more opinions about difficulty and F10 visibility. It is not exactly straight forward to find a good balance that fits everyone, but we're very willing to try! :pilotfly:

ADF is on it's way!

In the future some combat SAR would be cool too. Even if in a certain part of the map for pilots who want more of a challenge.

We have this in plans, but not in closest plans. Unfortunately we already had a case where we've communicated our ideas publicly in past beforehand and later seeing they've been taken and server was made using those ideas. This is why we did withhold our full feature list at the moment. Its not like we have copyrights or anything, and we don't even mad, I hope most of them will pop up as user feedback that would mean our vision is aligned with community and that is all we wish for. Also all veteran DCS players know how it is when developers lay out all plans and people are having hard time waiting for them to come to life :D

But since you pulled rabbit out of the hat already (no problems with that btw), I will describe what we had in mind regarding your proposition.

"We can try making part of the map as conflict zone, players won't be able to wage a war there, BUT AI or randomly appearing events will be there. For instance CSAR for which player maybe approved with weapons loadout to clear some insurgents nearby the CSAR site. Also delivery of some military related goods will be in place but in this conflict zone we need to make some possible danger for players delivering stuff like randomly placed insurgents with manpads or AAA etc. Deliveries in that zone will be more dangerous and maybe pilots would need to have some progression done in civilian zone before they are allowed to go to conflict zone. Also tie it to economy"

This is just initial concept of this feature, we will see how it can be implemented when we'll get there.

• Like 1

Ok, I logged on that server now, and tried to do a rescue mission. I flew towards the nearest pickup point, got the orange smoke and landed. But what do I do from there? Nothing happens, and there are no obviously commands to send out the "stretcher team" or a medic to get the unit into the chopper. Are there any manual or guide out there?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Ok, I logged on that server now, and tried to do a rescue mission. I flew towards the nearest pickup point, got the orange smoke and landed. But what do I do from there? Nothing happens, and there are no obviously commands to send out the "stretcher team" or a medic to get the unit into the chopper. Are there any manual or guide out there?

Units should automatically board your aircraft no interaction is needed so far. Check if this mission is active by listing closest nearby missions from F10 menu. If it says you are right at the spot and you don't see any messages about pickup, try different one. This maybe one of the bugs we need to chase.

Also units you need to rescue will look like infantry (we are lacking civilian models in DCS :) ).

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback!

Units should automatically board your aircraft no interaction is needed so far. Check if this mission is active by listing closest nearby missions from F10 menu. If it says you are right at the spot and you don't see any messages about pickup, try different one. This maybe one of the bugs we need to chase.

Also units you need to rescue will look like infantry (we are lacking civilian models in DCS :) ).

I don't know, maybe some other pilot had just picked them up? It happened again on my second attempt; no soldiers/patients at the site, just an orange smoke.

So I decided to do another misson, which was a bit further away, and then it worked!

Fantastic! This is by far the coolest thing I've done in a flight simulator!

Thank you so much!

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Could we get a status of the current capacity on the F10 map? Like along with the hospital marker it will say how many slots it has left. Or perhaps that would be easier with an F10 radio option?

Could we get a status of the current capacity on the F10 map? Like along with the hospital marker it will say how many slots it has left. Or perhaps that would be easier with an F10 radio option?

That's a good idea! You can already see the capacity in the radio menu when you list the Bases with F10-F3.

Sounds very, very interesting, but "requires pure client" :(

Especially as a helicopter pilot I like it very much to use some modded assets to create my own rescue missions in the DCS mission editor, i.e. I use the "Civilian Objects" lib, but also a couple of other ibraries, that I only use in Single Player. Therefore my installation isn't "pure" of course. No modded planes or modded textures in use. So: Sorry unfortunately no SRS Server for me.