Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Maybe Port 10312 is closed/not forwarded on router? That might be worth looking at.

Strange.

Just opened the port but for no avail. What version of DCS are you guys using? I'm with OB a.t.m.

Cheers

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

We can try and look into this. Can you send us your dcs log in the meantime? (We can bring it to PM to not clutter this forum thread)

Its located in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

Files dcs.log and dcs.log.old

Ping is working OK.

I think the problem is that I went back to OB 2.5.5 for obvious reasons.

I might give it a try.

Cheers

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Hi Guys

I’ve been flying a couple evenings on the server and it’s great fun.

As mentioned above, it would be nice to have some kind of civilian mod to give some variety e.g. car crashes, lost hikers, heart attacks, women in labor. At the moment there’s a lot of stranded soldiers and a LOT of downed choppers! It’s dangerous flying out there

I had a slight accident and ripped off my Huey’s skids. I managed to land at a FARP and request repair. I got a “copy” from the ground crew but no repair was made. Is that normal or a bug?

Keep up the great work. I’m excited to see how things develop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey folks....

when is that server up? Can't find it in the server names list.

Cheers

Same thing, thought last week I searched for "SAR" and it filtered it, but now it isn't there. Can connect by IP still.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Same thing, thought last week I searched for "SAR" and it filtered it, but now it isn't there. Can connect by IP still.

Solved!

I had painfully to update to 2.5.6 and all worked.

Btw: You have to look for "Search And Rescue" instead of "SAR". "Sea..." is enough to find the server.

Nice server with nice missions.

Cheers!

Solved!

I had painfully to update to 2.5.6 and all worked.

Btw: You have to look for "Search And Rescue" instead of "SAR". "Sea..." is enough to find the server.

Nice server with nice missions.

Cheers!

Aaah I'm not on the latest openbeta, that should fix it!

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Just started flying on your server, really great to practice hovering and landing in tight spot. So, my only wish is that in the SAR mission generation, is there a possibility to add three levels of difficultly. For example on easy a SAR mission would be in the middle of the large field, in medium difficulty somewhere in the city where you have to land in a tight spot and hard is for example in the forest or other location where landing is impossible and you have to hover. Also adjust hovering radius for easy, medium hard missions. I think it would help newer pilots to get a hang of helicopter flying.

Thanks for the great server

Great effort! I've been enjoying this server for about 6 hours so far.

Here's my list/wishes:

-It would be really cool with some changes in the weather, as stated previously in this thread. Preferably dynamically, with some sort of randomness. I have no idea if that's even possible in the current state of DCS World.

-Though it might be cool to be able to adjust rope length, I really don't understand why not my crew can just decide that part. When I'm hovering over treetops in a steep incline, and finally manage to establish a hover 70m above the guy, it's just annoying to get the message that I'm either too low (?) or too high.

-In the same scenario, why does the guy I'm supposed to rescue hide himself under the highest spruce on the hill, covered by a dense forest? Wouldn't it be a bit more realistic that the people who wants to be saved manage to find a bit more open area where it's easier for the chopper to land/hover?

-Also when hovering (especially in high altitude), is it possible to let the copilot give me a little heads up before I'm about to burn up my engine? Just give me a hint that the exhaust gas is now in yellow, or something? (In the Huey)

But I'm still enjoying this server a lot! Keep up the good work, and please don't be tempted to add enemies that wants to shoot you down ;)

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

More ideas:

So, so far this is a search and rescue server, I think in the future you can add firefighting missions. It could be done this way: you would spawn a fire somewere, then you would need to pick up an external load (it would simulate a bucket) then go and hover over a body of water for certain amount of time, which would simulate a bucket being filled, then you would need to take that bucket and hold it over the fire for certain period of time. To make it more interesting if fire is not put out in certain amount of time, lets say 30 min it would grow and a second fire would spawn next to it.

Additional missions could be civilian transport from point A to point B, for example take group of guys to an offshore oil rig.

Logging missions also an option.

Really nice server, I think DCS should have a more pronounced civilian aviation side

Check out the vid I made for you guys!

Awesome server, keep it up

Nice video, Bagpipe. Good job :thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Great effort! I've been enjoying this server for about 6 hours so far.

Here's my list/wishes:

-It would be really cool with some changes in the weather, as stated previously in this thread. Preferably dynamically, with some sort of randomness. I have no idea if that's even possible in the current state of DCS World.

It is possible with only preset weather missions that are randomly shuffled. Basically same mission but with other weather that loads after current mission is at the end. Which is we are working on now..

-In the same scenario, why does the guy I'm supposed to rescue hide himself under the highest spruce on the hill, covered by a dense forest? Wouldn't it be a bit more realistic that the people who wants to be saved manage to find a bit more open area where it's easier for the chopper to land/hover?

In future we plan to differentiate missions difficulty, we are looking at feedback now to see what will be the better way to do it. Highest difficulty would be just giving you rough coordinates and radius like 10 km and you need to look visually for someone who can't drop smoke or contact you :) (but that is possibly too much).

-Also when hovering (especially in high altitude), is it possible to let the copilot give me a little heads up before I'm about to burn up my engine? Just give me a hint that the exhaust gas is now in yellow, or something? (In the Huey)

This is beyond the scope of multiplayer server :) Only can be included by devs of Uh-1H

Great idea!!! i love this server. Just something i noticed in night missions, Helipads have no lights and at night smoke signal is completly invisible, could be the signals be flares at night? Something else i noticed is that none of landing spots have wind visual refference.

Wind should be displayed in information window in top right corner when you arriving at one of the hospitals. And there should be wind socks on each landing spot. Also we are actually preparing change that will restart mission as soon as dark time falls, unless people think night missions are doable with current setup.

More ideas:

So, so far this is a search and rescue server, I think in the future you can add firefighting missions. It could be done this way: you would spawn a fire somewere, then you would need to pick up an external load (it would simulate a bucket) then go and hover over a body of water for certain amount of time, which would simulate a bucket being filled, then you would need to take that bucket and hold it over the fire for certain period of time. To make it more interesting if fire is not put out in certain amount of time, lets say 30 min it would grow and a second fire would spawn next to it.

Additional missions could be civilian transport from point A to point B, for example take group of guys to an offshore oil rig.

Logging missions also an option.

Really nice server, I think DCS should have a more pronounced civilian aviation side

We already have this in plans. Firefighting was one of the first things that came in mind and was relevant to this kind of server just as transporting. We will move step by step though, as soon as SAR functionality is done we will move to next feature.

As stated before we didn't include list of all planned mechanics because we've already encountered ones a case when our ideas were taken and other server was created. But again, we can see our views are aligned with community here regarding firefighting which is good.

I'll uncover one more feature, cropdusting, yeah I know right :D But it is possible to make it. Probably not top of the list though ..

love the server, rescuing a group of 16 people of the side of a cliff with a strong wind was super intense and enjoyable, and combined with a SAR skin to complete the feel, i can't wait to see what other things you are working on for the server Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020.04.13_-_10.08.37.69.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020.04.13_-_10.33.49.05.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020.04.13_-_10.47.37.45.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020.04.13_-_13.02.11.91.png

Edited by BlackFoxNZ
adding 4th pic

Some quality of life thing I'd like to see after flying on the server. Add automatic spawning in City since some new beginners don't seem to understand you have to spawn them manually. I get people chasing me for targets once I spawn some.

On the night missions thing I would recommend keeping those off until the lighting is fixed in all the helicopters.

I noticed that if a player changes helos then their old one becomes "abandoned" and turns into a new rescue mission. This can be odd if it happens on a FARP landing pad. Perhaps just remove units that are left at an appropriate place (airfield or medical center).

As nibula suggested, maybe auto-spawning of missions would also be good.

Thanks again.

This feature is awesome, as a VR player its really really hard(for me at least) to move my eyes and head up to view those measurements and clock directions as my head is looking at the target area and all the gauges to make the hover.

You think there is a way... maybe to show that info (distance and clock direction) on the bottom of the screen?

Hey SickSpider, I stumbled on a workaround for this. When you're receiving the direction/distance prompts, just open up the comms menu. This then pushes down the message to just above the dashboard (well, in VR in the Huey at least). It makes trying to keep an eye on everything a lot easier.

Cant wait to check this out. Still i'll need to learn to fly a helo first.

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

Hello Team,

thank you very much for this server and kind of addon to DCS. I`ve long awaited such a kind of short mission to fly a quick one (cause I just have few time to spend a day to my hobby) - great.

It will be more comfortable with any help in finding out the actual state of my mission (f.e. if I successfuly picked up units and if I m ready to fly to a medical station. Also to check my right status in getting to mission site or medical center, I`ve got to

a) open menü

b) F10

c) F2 or F3

This is very uncomfortable If you would only check direction and distance to your next step.

But anyway: This server and your services rocks - a big thanks again!

Also playing with others together (maybe we further need ATC to avoid collisions near hospitals :D )

Regards

Hey SickSpider, I stumbled on a workaround for this. When you're receiving the direction/distance prompts, just open up the comms menu. This then pushes down the message to just above the dashboard (well, in VR in the Huey at least). It makes trying to keep an eye on everything a lot easier.

Oh.... I'll try that !

I"m with the Mi-8, but hey, why not try... :)

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your reply!

This is beyond the scope of multiplayer server :) Only can be included by devs of Uh-1H

In the "Worlds apart" Huey Campaign (made by Low-Level Heaven/forum user CLPH), the copilot monitors the exhaust temp while you're flying the last night mission, so I think it's at least possible to implement. Some sort of listener on that gauge, and play an audio file whenever a certain value exceeds the treshold, or something.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Thank you very much for your reply!

In the "Worlds apart" Huey Campaign (made by Low-Level Heaven/forum user CLPH), the copilot monitors the exhaust temp while you're flying the last night mission, so I think it's at least possible to implement. Some sort of listener on that gauge, and play an audio file whenever a certain value exceeds the threshold, or something.

Multiplayer complicates things. Singleplayer missions have "convenience" of mission editor tools which we are lacking if we are tracking not one player but up to possible 60+. Also tracking state of each client additionally on top of everything we already have can affect overall performance on server, that is why it is not easy task to do, maybe impossible even at the moment, we need to research it further..

Hi there,

Got back from latest beta to latest release and cannot find the server in multiplayer any more...

Maybe, the server is offline?

Thx

It was back up 30 minutes ago or so, but it was down before that. I just assumed it was booting or something.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk