Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

2 hours ago, Multiplayer team said:

Have a look at JSGME. It's a rather old pice of software, but makes adding and removing your mods painfree. Not only usefull if you want to fly on servers that require a pure client, but also if you just want to install an update. 

For me it's more for things like VR shaders that greatly improve fps, particularly around the dense urban areas on the syria map. 

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

Just been in the Cauc. map. So it said the mission was over and there was no f10 option to generate any missions or tasks. I'm guessing this is a bug as It's always just restarted and loaded up a new game in the past.

It was the afternoon HEAT scenario I think. I literally just left the server if the time of this post helps you figure out which scenario it was.

Thanks for all your work guys. 

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

6 hours ago, Grievo said:

Just been in the Cauc. map. So it said the mission was over and there was no f10 option to generate any missions or tasks. I'm guessing this is a bug as It's always just restarted and loaded up a new game in the past.

It was the afternoon HEAT scenario I think. I literally just left the server if the time of this post helps you figure out which scenario it was.

Thanks for all your work guys. 

Ouch! Indeed, my bad! We have applied a few updates and one fix went the wrong direction. Sorry for that, should be fixed again!

To make up for that, you can now adjust the maximum weight you want to load in firefighting helis! Please let us know if you have any problems. 

In regards of time, it really helps if you specify hour and minutes + timezone. As of now I can only see it happened 6 hours ago - which is better than nothing, but it's easier to just scroll to the exact time, you know 🙂 

• Like 3

On 4/10/2021 at 8:51 PM, Multiplayer team said:

Ouch! Indeed, my bad! We have applied a few updates and one fix went the wrong direction. Sorry for that, should be fixed again!

To make up for that, you can now adjust the maximum weight you want to load in firefighting helis! Please let us know if you have any problems. 

In regards of time, it really helps if you specify hour and minutes + timezone. As of now I can only see it happened 6 hours ago - which is better than nothing, but it's easier to just scroll to the exact time, you know 🙂 

Just adding my thanks, to the list.
Really love this server, spending more time in here than any other at the moment.
Great Work.
REALLY impressed youve covered Syria.

I would like to politely ask for a few additions too, theyve been requested already here

Mainly supply runs, to and from farps, pads, ships, buildings and heli bases.

I love what you guys have done, but takeoff>hover>collect>fly-back. Gets a little stale after a while.
Even a short transport run where i can land somewhere, would be a huge improvement for me, and would allow me to use the Mi8 and develop that skill.

The second thing is the 'Dust/Fog', can we please have it off, or on 1 in 10 times and reduced- Checking the weather and webcams in Beirut/Syria hasnt had fog in months, and yet on the server its been on every day for the last few weeks- Its spoiling the map.

This map is just gorgeous, and the Fog just covers the glory of it and id rather see where im going to be honest and take in the sights.
It doesnt really add a challenge, as you can see the rescues on the map, and once youre close up you can see them too.
The fog just means im looking at fog... Or trees.

My last request is 'easy missions'.
Took a buddy in with me, and he just couldnt get into it- it was far too difficult for him and pushed him away, we ended up spending the rest of the night in 4Ya, could you add easy missions for the new players, so that they can land in a clearing rather than hold a very specific hover?
That would actually also give me a chance to jump into the Mi8. As ive not yet mastered that either to be honest.

Thanks a million 👍😃
Keep up the good work.

11 hours ago, Gingo4564 said:

Hi guys, love this server.

Just tried logging on in 2.7 and I'm now unpure and can't connect. What would make my game client not pure for this server? I have a 2 couple English cockpits, some liveries, A-4 mod and that's about it. 

I have ran into a similar issue some time ago. Here is how to find out what causes the conflict:

In the multiplayer browser, click on the red exclamation mark (which tells you, that you are impure). The game then shows you a list of conflicting files. These are the ones you need to remove.

Hi team of the SAR server! 

After the Update 2.7 there seems to be some issue with the Caucasus SAR map. A thick layer of 'ground cloud' covers vast of the valleys and plains with cloud bottom literally at 0m AGL and top at about 200m AGL. In the 'ground cloud' the visibility is less than 10m... Literally impossible to fly safely in it. It looks like this:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.22.16.04.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.24.12.45.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.41.43.69.png

I'm pretty sure it's not intended because I know that you guys will mention special weather conditions like a heavy fog in the name of the map, however in this case it's a map that I'm very familiar with, autumn afternoon I think.

The screenshots were taken at 16:40 CET time, hope that they can help you guys fix this.

Have a nice day! :drinks_cheers:

@Multiplayer team

16 hours ago, SqnLdr_chuishan said:

Hi team of the SAR server! 

After the Update 2.7 there seems to be some issue with the Caucasus SAR map. A thick layer of 'ground cloud' covers vast of the valleys and plains with cloud bottom literally at 0m AGL and top at about 200m AGL. In the 'ground cloud' the visibility is less than 10m... Literally impossible to fly safely in it. It looks like this:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.22.16.04.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.24.12.45.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.41.43.69.png

I'm pretty sure it's not intended because I know that you guys will mention special weather conditions like a heavy fog in the name of the map, however in this case it's a map that I'm very familiar with, autumn afternoon I think.

The screenshots were taken at 16:40 CET time, hope that they can help you guys fix this.

Have a nice day! :drinks_cheers:

@Multiplayer team

Uploaded new mission with adjusted clouds.

• Thanks 1

Impossible to connect to the SAR server...it doesn’t appear in the multiplayer list...î had the same problem on the stable and the open beta 2.7 of DCS.Yesterday it was on l’y on the stable version...i don’t know what to do...🧐😭

• Like 1

Hi Multiplayer team,

I  don't know if this was ask before. Is there a possibility to tag every Mission with a Name or an Id. So I can communicate on SRS or chat which Mission I go for.

On more than one occasion I went for a Mission and flew a couple of km´s only to see another Heli pick up the same Mission.

Other than that, your Servers are great fun to fly on. Keep up the great work.

Thx.

Move along.....nothing to see here

The missions already are tagged with IDs. The real reason why this happens to you is that someone either doesn't know they can communicate or they don't care. There isn't much you can do about it but hope other pilots will be just as considerate as you.

Torun_signature.png

Hi Multiplayer team, it's me again😜

After intense flying on the server I suppose there might be something out of order in the weather system after update 2.7, especially those bad weather scenarios.

For example, these screenshots were taken at around 14:40 CET time, April 19.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.19 - 20.45.50.03.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.19 - 20.45.56.20.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.19 - 21.39.25.47.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.19 - 21.45.31.38.png

It is supposed to be a snow storm scenario, but the sky looks clear, and all the objects around seem to be covered by 'white silk', visibility at low altitude is very bad... The same happens for thunder storm map too.

I don't know whether it is intended, but it looks very strange. So maybe it's better for you guys to have a check with the weather presets? Thank you for your attention!😺

@Multiplayer team

Edited by SqnLdr_chuishan

For future SAR missions in connection with road accidents, would it be possible to provide precision (compulsory) landings on steep mountain roads, for example, or on hillsides, in cramped areas? Thanks in advance!! Fred😅

Something like that 😊

1.png

2.png

Edited by Fred77
  • Like 2