Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Hi guys from Multiplayer Team. Discovered your servers yesterday and had a nice trip on Syria. Maiden flight with my Hip. No crash and 9 saved souls is not bad for a first flight. 🙂

Something that bothered me a little bit was the distances that poped up when I was looking for SAR rescues. The closest mission was 60km out and most of the others more than 100km. This leads to about 1 hour mission time and I was tempted to leave the server again. I then took another Mi-8 slot and found something 35km out that I went to. If this is regular on your servers I don't know how often I will visit them due to time constraints.

But I am glad it is there and I will check out the Caucasus map too.

• Like 1

Agree with the above post, the distances in the Syria server are a bit too much for casual flying. I never fly on that server because of it, although it would be fun to explore Syria more. Also, no Hind slots. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah maybe the creators could add something like Haifa Dispatch missions. A lot of nice spots around Haifa with some tricky landings. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3313751/

It's my absolute go to mission when I want to do SAR offline. Everything is within 15nm around the Haifa area. So to say a more city related mission setting for those who have just 30 minutes to an hour to spare for this hobby.

• Like 1

You guys are the best! Thank you very much for the server! Finally there is something working and necessary for celestial tractors! Already spent more than a dozen hours of my life on this pleasure without any regret! WTG!
 There is one inconvenience in landing with a full load of medicine. I don't have time to fully lower the general pitch lever, unloading occurs and the helicopter takes off. I need to either add a 5-7 second pause or introduce a "general step lever at rest" condition.
 My friend and I were also surprised to find that the helicopter can be fueled wherever you land. In the field, in the mountains, on the road. But this is probably a consequence of the introduction of refueling on hospital grounds.

And I would really like to see this livery in the set https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/3308299/
 I hope the electronic translator interpreted my thoughts correctly 🙂

Edited by kalter72

MSI Z690-A, DDR5 32Gb, 13600KF 5Ghz, 3080Ti, SSD, Win10

On 7/11/2021 at 7:38 PM, kalter72 said:

You guys are the best! Thank you very much for the server! Finally there is something working and necessary for celestial tractors! Already spent more than a dozen hours of my life on this pleasure without any regret! WTG!
 There is one inconvenience in landing with a full load of medicine. I don't have time to fully lower the general pitch lever, unloading occurs and the helicopter takes off. I need to either add a 5-7 second pause or introduce a "general step lever at rest" condition.
 My friend and I were also surprised to find that the helicopter can be fueled wherever you land. In the field, in the mountains, on the road. But this is probably a consequence of the introduction of refueling on hospital grounds.

And I would really like to see this livery in the set https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/3308299/
 I hope the electronic translator interpreted my thoughts correctly 🙂

Мы как бы по русски тоже понимаем. Если что... 😉

Edited by Multiplayer team
  • Like 1

Two questions:

1: Does the big fire grow faster when more fire fighter choppers are in the game? Had a game where I started to fight it on my own and had it down to less than 35 cells. Then some more ff Mi-8s showed up but did not fight it and it went out of control fast with 200 cells. At 600 cells I left the server in frustration.

2: can you display a how to fire fight picture when some one pics a ff chopper in the briefing screen? I saw a lot of people dropping directly into the middle instead of the front line wich is useless according to your intel.

Edited by nazradu

22 часа назад, Multiplayer team сказал:

Мы как бы по русски тоже понимаем. Если что... 😉

Ну, вообще шикарно! 🙂

Тут еще одну "особенность"  обнаружили. Летаем с товарищем, одинаковые вертолеты (ми-8), никаких модов и прочих улучшайзеров.  У меня всё нормально. Как и должно быть. Подлетаю, как положено, оранжевый дым, сажусь (если есть возможность), все юниты (если больше одного), как и было задумано, погружаются в вертолет. 

А, вот, у товарища (72AG_Nolen) ситуация озадачивающая.  Во-первых, при его приближении "пострадавшие" не дают дымы. А во-вторых, из нескольких юнитов грузится только ОДИН!  Товарищ уже материться. "Я че, мля, на робинсоне летаю и не в курсе?!"   😄

Но самое интересное в следующем!  Товарищ "сидит" рядом с "пострадавшими", которые не желают грузиться (кроме того одного, "первого") и ждет меня.  Я подлетаю - пошел сигнальный дым. (Товарища дымом не балуют)   И как только у меня появляется сообщение о расстоянии до ближайшего юнита 150м (на любой высоте), в тот же момент оставшиеся юниты грузятся на борт сидящего на земле товарища.  Вот, такая фигня.  Менялись слотами - без изменений.

15.07.2021 в 11:15, Bog9y сказал:

Hi guys, I flew on the server last night and noticed that I can not refuel the Hind at the Garbani hospital. Bug or not?

I ran into a problem at the Garbani site.  There are no ground personnel to drain the extra fuel or refuel. However, what happened was this: I was in the mountains far away from the base, looping through the gorges, accidentally stumbled upon the Garbani hospital, landed, and tried to refuel. And oh, miracle! It was refueling!   But only after takeoff in the direction of the base I noticed that the "minimal remaining fuel" scoreboard kept blinking, even though the fuel gauge showed 800 kilos, the amount I had refueled. And as a result: not the most successful autorotation landing on a wooded slope due to a "dry" tank.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by kalter72
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, Multiplayer team said:

How does it called in controls menu? Do you have it working if jump to single player?

It works in Single Player and Any OTHER online server I've tried.

In the controls options, It's in the Assist Category, AutoPilot LWin+A, AutoPilot Attitude Hold LALT+LShift+A, AutoPilot Level Flight LCTRL+A, AutoPilot Orbit LALT+A

None of these work in your two servers.

Pilot Trimmer and Trimmer Reset works, but not the same thing. Basically AutoPilot puts your co-pilot in control of the aircraft, but he won't avoid obstacles 😄

7 hours ago, MMA01 said:

sorry.. have additional question ☺️ .. is only SYRIA online ?

oh boy sorry, thats a mistake indeed! the caucasus server was started but for some reason not running, thanks for bringing it up. It should be available now!

• Like 2

So finally Syria has also been updated to the new codebase that has been running on caucasus, and we have also basically reworked the whole mission. Apart from long distance runs you can now also do city missions in Beirut, Haifa and Asana.

Cyprus is still in the works, but we did not want to keep you waiting longer with the syria update. If you have recommendations for locations for bases, hospitals and factories on cypres we are all ears!

Please let us know if you run into any issues and as always, your opinion is very valuable for us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Multiplayer team said:

So finally Syria has also been updated to the new codebase that has been running on caucasus, and we have also basically reworked the whole mission. Apart from long distance runs you can now also do city missions in Beirut, Haifa and Asana.

Cyprus is still in the works, but we did not want to keep you waiting longer with the syria update. If you have recommendations for locations for bases, hospitals and factories on cypres we are all ears!

Please let us know if you run into any issues and as always, your opinion is very valuable for us!

There is a hospital with a helicopter pad in the town of Paphos (haven't got the exact coordinates at the moment but can provide if you can't find it).  Great work on improving the Syria server. Will you be adding the Mi-24 to it too? 

• Like 1

Ohh what a bliss finding the Syria server finally having Mi24 slots, thanks a lot! 🙂

I just found it's missing from Rayak and Beirut spawns, so adding a couple Mi24s there would be very nice, especially because of that sweet helipad on the roof in Beirut!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bertOC said:

I just found it's missing from Rayak and Beirut spawns, so adding a couple Mi24s there would be very nice, especially because of that sweet helipad on the roof in Beirut!

Gnarrrr, one of the hard parts about having such a large map is that things like these are easily overlooked 😅 will fix asap! It's fixed, thank you for the report!

6 hours ago, Bog9y said:

There is a hospital with a helicopter pad in the town of Paphos (haven't got the exact coordinates at the moment but can provide if you can't find it).  Great work on improving the Syria server. Will you be adding the Mi-24 to it too? 

Ah thank's, we'll find that hospital in Paphos! Mi-24 already is a thing in Syria! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bertOC said:

Another Mi-24 request, how about removing the IR suppressors for looks? I think it looks much better without them and theyre not needed for civ ops 🙂

Right, good call! Turned out we had them on a few other Units too. I have batch modified all Units to no IR suppressor, it's going to be loaded with the next mission!

• Like 1