Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

4 hours ago, Multiplayer team said:

Right, good call! Turned out we had them on a few other Units too. I have batch modified all Units to no IR suppressor, it's going to be loaded with the next mission!

Gotta love the frequency of additions and fixes, keep up the good work 🙂

Right now with SAR missions i'm experiencing weird stuff, i'm landing near units, a single unit gets loaded into my helo, but the other units don't get in and aren't rescuable by slingload either. This is with Mi24 on Syria, havent tested other helos.

Edited by bertOC
  • Like 1

12 часов назад, Multiplayer team сказал:

Хорошо, хороший звонок!

Есть предложение: кроме поисково-спасательных миссий добавить и санитарные рейсы. Например: доставить бригаду скорой помощи с оборудованием в отдаленное селение и обратно, возможно вместе с больным(-и)выборочно. На карте кавказа таких населенных пунктов в горах много. А так же транспортировка жертв, например отравлений, из маленьких провинциальных городов в центральные клиники. Сообщения о появлении таких миссий выводить так же, как и сообщения о крушениях и авариях. Типа, "Срочно!"

На мой взгляд это интересней и обоснованней, чем логически непонятные миссии по перемещению "больных" из госпиталя в госпиталь. Типа, " больные хотят покататься на вертолете"  🙂  Я это сделал один раз, не понял смысла и забыл про этот пункт меню Ф10.

А какие перспективы открываются на карте марианн!!!  Спасение экипажей с терпящих бедствие кораблей!  🙂

• Like 1

MSI Z690-A, DDR5 32Gb, 13600KF 5Ghz, 3080Ti, SSD, Win10

Hey guys, a little question: maybe I'm missing something, but where are you supposed to drop the crates when sling loading? I tried a few times on various places (helipads, general area, right above the clinic etc.) but it did register it as delivered only once or twice at best, even when dropping on roughly the same spot. What's the rule? (I only play on caucasus if it matters)

Thanks for the great server BTW! 

Edited by xmegasuro
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 11:51 PM, xmegasuro said:

Hey guys, a little question: maybe I'm missing something, but where are you supposed to drop the crates when sling loading? I tried a few times on various places (helipads, general area, right above the clinic etc.) but it did register it as delivered only once or twice at best, even when dropping on roughly the same spot. What's the rule? (I only play on caucasus if it matters)

Thanks for the great server BTW! 

Hey xmegasuro, sorry for the late reply! The crates need to be placed inside the zone of the hospital you are delivering to. So when you get a "welcome to" notification you are inside the zone and if you get a "you are leaving" notification you are outside the zone. The way it works is that the system checks the current position of the crate and wether it has moved or not since the last check. This can take quite a few seconds. If the crate has not moved it checks wether it is inside a zone or not. It should not matter wether you place it on top of the hospital, or on the ground, as long as it is inside a zone and has not moved, it should register that you have supplied the hospital. Once this happens you should get a notification in the top right. 

If you run into problems again please drop us at which exact time (and timezone) it happened, we'll check the logs if theres anything unusual happening. 

Hi, and thanks for the reply; I just made a quick test and I think that something might be off 🤔

I loaded a 4000 kg crate at the nearest factory, and then brought it to Kutaisi West Army Clinic; I paid special attention to the "welcome" message, in case I missed it before and which was correctly triggered, then proceeded dropping the cargo more or less close near the clinic itself. I dont know how many seconds have to pass on average, but the crate didn't disappear even after a couple of minutes after touch down. The only time I managed to get a transport registered as "delivered" I remember it took a bit, but still in the magnitude of "a few seconds"... I'm still not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is actually a bug, but I'll probably try again later, maybe with a lighter crate, waiting a bit more to see if anything changes

For reference, this happened at about 18.30 GMT+2 (between 15/10' before the last server restart more or less), and the crate was owned by "cpt. Stronzio"

Edited by xmegasuro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry if I insist on the topic.

I tried sling loading a few times since the last message without success. Today though, I noticed something: if you load an internal cargo you get a specific welcome message when approaching bases ("welcome back to x" + "it seems you have useful cargo etc. etc."), and then the supplies get correctly registered as delivered once landed.

I suppose that the same mex should also pop up when hauling an external crate. In my case I only get the standard "welcome back to x" + wind , so it seems that the player's crate is somewhat "transparent" to the scripting gizmos and is not recognized. I wonder if others have the same problem or it is just on my end; in any case, I'm sure that the thing worked for me once or twice in the past, so I don't know what  might have happened.

Edited by xmegasuro

Hello! And thank you for this server!!! Usually I'm not interested in multiplayer, but this server caught my attention and I'm playing on it!
I'm looking for it's further evolution, and wish you all the best guys! Thanks!
P.S.: Is there any public player statistics of how many they completed different mission, perform takeoff and landing, crashes e.t.c like Personal stats through F10 but for all, like leaderboard or thomething...?

Edited by MikeMS
  • Like 1

I discover this server yesterday and it's really great to have civilians missions, Thanks !

What i hope is that the DCS team had graphic effect when dropping water, fire moving with wind or rescuing peoples while hovering flight and other things in the futur...

For this, this server need visibility... Maybe think about a public event with coordinated teamwork?

Thanks again !

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, xmegasuro said:

Hey, sorry if I insist on the topic.

I tried sling loading a few times since the last message without success. Today though, I noticed something: if you load an internal cargo you get a specific welcome message when approaching bases ("welcome back to x" + "it seems you have useful cargo etc. etc."), and then the supplies get correctly registered as delivered once landed.

I suppose that the same mex should also pop up when hauling an external crate. In my case I only get the standard "welcome back to x" + wind , so it seems that the player's crate is somewhat "transparent" to the scripting gizmos and is not recognized. I wonder if others have the same problem or it is just on my end; in any case, I'm sure that the thing worked for me once or twice in the past, so I don't know what  might have happened.

Checking..

On 8/25/2021 at 9:17 AM, Torun said:

At the Vladikavkaz hospital, refueling doesn't work. I believe FARP Fuel Depot isn't enough and a Command Post is missing.

Checking..

On 8/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, MikeMS said:

Hello! And thank you for this server!!! Usually I'm not interested in multiplayer, but this server caught my attention and I'm playing on it!
I'm looking for it's further evolution, and wish you all the best guys! Thanks!
P.S.: Is there any public player statistics of how many they completed different mission, perform takeoff and landing, crashes e.t.c like Personal stats through F10 but for all, like leaderboard or thomething...?

Not yet..

• 4 weeks later...

This server is brilliant - highly addictive!

Please bring it back soon 😉

• Like 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

Enjoyed my first go today...   Tried rescuing survivors of a car crash, but since I was in a firefighting mission, I guess, they would not board the a/c.  Maybe all a/c could pick up survivors?     Also the bearing is off...   It gave be a bearing from my position into the Med.    But the nose heading was true.    Sure wish we had a winch....    Excellent simulation of weight of water, btw...   The huey strains at 1500ltrs.  Have to watch your torque, and have a means/route planned in order to get through etl safely!   Very cool...Look forward to seeing what's next!  I put it as a favorite!  

On 8/27/2021 at 4:56 AM, Multiplayer team said:

Checking..

Checking..

Not yet..

Stats sound cool...You guys keep track of our flight time, It'd be cool for us to see the leaders as well

• Like 1

I tried Vladikavkaz once more, stopping at multiple places with the Hind as shown in the attached image, making sure intercom is on and selected for the menu (as displayed by Interphone label above the list of radio options), and also kept the door open. At no point was I able to refuel. I also spawned with a Hip in there at around the lower-right spots on the picture, also couldn't refuel.

look mom no fuel.png

Torun_signature.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Torun said:

I tried Vladikavkaz once more, stopping at multiple places with the Hind as shown in the attached image, making sure intercom is on and selected for the menu (as displayed by Interphone label above the list of radio options), and also kept the door open. At no point was I able to refuel. I also spawned with a Hip in there at around the lower-right spots on the picture, also couldn't refuel.

look mom no fuel.png

Did you try it while standing exactly at the landing pad?

I have a habit of landing on the pad itself when recovering, and I wasn't able to refuel for the next sortie then, it's how I noticed this was an issue. That happened more than a month ago, though.

8 hours ago, Multiplayer team said:

Did you try it while standing exactly at the landing pad?

Torun_signature.png

• 3 weeks later...

I flew some more sorties recently and I continued to have the same issue on Vladikavkaz, unfortunately, but it's been a blast everywhere else. I must not be the only one since Kutaisi hospitals are almost full to the brim with patients!

Also, I noticed an ADF beacon setting in the SAR settings of the F10 menu, how does that work? What frequency should I tune for?

Torun_signature.png

A praise where it's due.

I've been mainly delivering supplies from factories to hospitals and some with slings. I'm really glad that the sling loading now works perfectly, like it used to. Also, as an added bonus on top, the weather really adds the immersion value. Overcast with rain mixes really well with 'dark ambient' -artists, one example below. I love games with an atmosphere that takes me somewhere else, it almost feels like meditation afterwards. Thank you all involved!

• Like 3

| A-10C/II | AJS-37 | F-18 | KA-50 | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H |

On today's Huey session, I had particularly polar approaches, either absolute butter, or stunts I probably shouldn't have gone away with. Wonderful way to spend a public holiday afternoon.

Some clips from the session below 🙂

https://streamable.com/g8wym2
https://streamable.com/p69dhu
https://streamable.com/gaigz6
https://streamable.com/h6rhai

https://streamable.com/qxczof
https://streamable.com/x1axpc

Edit: Added another few clips which display a lot less hazardous behaviour

Edited by Torun
  • Like 1

Torun_signature.png