Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

On 11/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, MikeMS said:

Hey, thanks again for this server!
Can you (or planned) to extend Syria map operations to Cyprus and Caucasus map further to the west?
And what's the plans of the future sever improvements if any exists?

We want to occupy whole map eventually, but we are not moving as fast as we would wish for now. Currently work is done for Marianas version of server to put it up soon.

9 hours ago, Aurism said:

Thank you for scripting and running this server, it is one of my favorite things to do in DCS!

I haven't seen the server in the list during the past day however. Is it down for maintenance?

Should be up now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely loving the Syria server, and it’s improved my Helo skills significantly. Only one issue I had today, and that’s I couldn’t connect to the SRS server.   No biggie, but I’m not sure why, so will have to do some trouble shooting.  It did update when I logged in, so maybe I’m on a different version. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm primarily doing rescues on this lovely server but got an idea about firefighting while cruising around:

Wouldn't the Mosquito be fun to add if it works with the firefighting script?

You can land it on a flat piece of terrain next to a lake to simulate refilling the water tank, and open the bomb bay doors to drop.

IMO it just fits perfectly, what do you think about this?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, bertOC said:

I'm primarily doing rescues on this lovely server but got an idea about firefighting while cruising around:

Wouldn't the Mosquito be fun to add if it works with the firefighting script?

You can land it on a flat piece of terrain next to a lake to simulate refilling the water tank, and open the bomb bay doors to drop.

IMO it just fits perfectly, what do you think about this?

Or open the bomb bay doors and fly over a lake at under 20ft to scoop up water.

This is a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow HELO enthusiasts, One idea came to my mind. What about creating some approaches for the hospitals based on weather (wind). Would be nice (at least for me). What I have in mind is that, I dont know if it is possible, like create maybe some NDBs to overfly and sketch rougly the routes to kneeboard. For me, it would really spice up the gameplay. If it is just stupid, tell me, I can take it :D. Btw love the server, keep up the good work 🙂 

• Like 2

One thing folks, seems that radios are not set the same way? Someone said they were on 251Mhz and asked if they were being heard but none of my presets were set to that. In fact the main comms radio (863) only seemed to have one frequency over all the presets. I could confirm it working on SRS only by switching between a.m. and f.m.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, loyal user of the SAR Server I admit that I am starting to be worried about the disappearance of the Caucasus version of the server... It's been more than a week that nothing happens while the Syria version seems ok...No communication...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'd be up for having the Hawk around long as it's not required for all clients to install to boot up the server no matter what you want to fly. The A-4E mod for example allows for that, but there's a little meta-editing of the .miz involved where the mission maker has to wipe the "mods required" list because it's automatically populated.

• Like 2

Torun_signature.png

I tried the UH-60. It's a great start, it's quite nice for the kind of flying this server promotes, but let's be real - it's rather early to call it high quality. It needs to mature yet. The reason I'm saying this is that there's still a considerable bit of jank involved with the mod and it's something the admins have to consider intently and weigh it with the rest of their priorities in developing the server.

The flight model lets you get away with a lot, it's like Settling with Power doesn't exist (yes, I'm one of those people who consider this separate from VRS, which used to be exagerated instead) and it somehow has enough countertorque to maintain strafing at 90 kt. I haven't been flying helicopters, well, ever, so I can't say if it's realistic, but it flies easier than in ArmA. That's strange.

Ultimately, I don't care who flies what, but the mod is in early development and so its stability comes into question.

• Like 3

Torun_signature.png

We are discussing adding mods, but for the very near future we will continue our no mods policy. We are observing the development though! 

In the meanwhile we have a rather substantial update to our Firefighting System! We are now finally able to use the big smoke effect, which should substantially help with immersion. Apart from that, when dropping water you will now have a smoke trail indicating that and where you dropped water. The smoke does not fall down like water does, but still we consider this significantly better than it was before. 

The most imporant change: we have reversed the direction Fire travels. It now travels into the wind, and is not blown by the wind. We believe this is much more intuitive and should have actually been done like this from the start. 

Please let us know what you think!

Screen_220201_161030.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1