Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Myself and another squadron member tried out your server today. Really enjoyed just going for a casual flight and doing some SAR. The only thing that I could give for advice is that you put a CTAS frequency for SRS in the briefing so everybody is on the same frequency. Thanks for your work and I am excited to see where you take it.

Hi Multiplayer team,

First thanks a lot for this server and the initiative itself, even more, to be open to suggestions and additions in this alpha test and of course giving us helo pilots such a nice online playground.

I never fly online, only coops we do sometimes in the squadron and we fly our own missions in our local servers.

Yesterday I decided to give it a go, trying to find a Mi-8/Huey "friendly server", looking for somewhere to fly where I could meet some helo pilots and also introduce some members from the squadron that start to be interested in Huey and Mi-8. How lucky I have been that you guys just created this!

In the other hand, I have noticed how a mediocre Mi-8 pilot I am (after so many hours invested).I was able only to pick up 3 guys in between the trees and became greedy trying to save them all, finish crashing a couple of times (not dead luckily). Noticed that this was not recorded in the stats as crash instead it showed as landing.

This remaining pilot log is just such a great idea, this kind of role-playing and career continuity is very interesting. Economy, sling-load ops... Watching how this "baby" grows is gonna be a lot of fun!

I see plenty of nice suggestions over here, I do agree with most of them :], and... Of course, I would like to add a couple also :].

Suggestions:

- Color text in text messages so is easier to understand visually what is going on; red if we are moving out of pickup zone, green if we have successfully picked up a unit etc... (not sure if this is possible)

- If human pilot crashes and survives, delete units in area (mission) from the list and create new - Rescue Mi-8 pilot - Grajo (example) mission. Would be fun that you can rescue other pilots adding their nicknames to the mission (new brand/type of mission name?) Also show in your stats how many times you have been rescued.

Keep the good work guys !!!

*As I have seen over there, a perfect place for MacadamCow's Mi-8 SAR - Civilian Livery

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303031/

Hi guys, some feedback here, again...

SAR-Server-001.jpg

Just after takeoff I found these 4 rescue spots altogether. Is it due to other player crash?

In any case, it would be great that these missions could be somehow deleted or not created if one of them is too close to the other one or something like that?

It is a bit "confusing" to see 4 rescue zones all together in the same spot :].

Also, I take the liberty to add some more suggestions/feedback/questions:

-Heading to missions after radio menu, could be given in degrees instead of "clock type" heading? It would be a lot more precise. I use Mi-8 Doppler system with pretty good success but if the heading was given in degrees would make thinks a bit better IMO.

-When arriving at a forest/hover rescue situation, if there are several units to rescue, it becomes a bit messy. For example, sometimes you arrive almost to one of them but you pass. Then you start getting info for another one. Could it be that at the moment you start to get instructions from a unit's location, the scripts stick to this unit until you rescue it, so no data from other units around is displayed until your helo rescues the first one you meet? Then engage the next and same thing, stick to it until it is rescued, and so on.

-What counts as "Crashed" ? Pilot dies I guess. I have crashed in the forest 3 times so far... It counted as a landing.

-Crashed helicopter rescues, pop color flares, let's say one every 15 seconds? after 4 flares are shot, won't shoot anymore. By the time you should be able to get close enough to get the location info aid.

-If rescue spots are out of tree areas could be shown in the mission description. About different difficulties (as has been requested by many) and a bit more informative mission description.

-If you want more players/testers, I suggest creating a post in Mi-8, Huey, and Gazzele's main forum areas. It should not be seen as off-topic as probably many people (like me) do not read Multiplayer forum treats. Pretty sure plenty of people is gonna be very happy to find a server like yours.

That is all by now... :]

I am having a lot of fun here guys. Thanks a lot. Waiting to economy/teams/sling loading or whatever you guys think about trowing to it.

Best, be safe and happy rescues

Had a quick go with some squad mates this evening and you've done a really nice job. Would echo the need to either a heading to missions, or perhaps a lat/long.

Night ops would also be very cool :)

Lastly - I would extend the hover time over casualties a bit, maybe 20 seconds.

Either way it's a brilliant idea, thankyou :)

Just a quick one... :].

What about including Yak-52 ??? It is not a helo or a bush airplane but it could definitely accomplish some civilian ops like recreational/tourist flights over a given route, private mail delivery, PPL training flights... It is quite capable to land in many spots any other aircraft in DCS can not.

Hi.

First let me say i love your server its great to have a civilian mission in multiplayer.

I would ask that you reset the server more regularly as it seems like every time i try to join its dark, and as search lights are useless ATM its not good.

Thanks

I'm just starting out in helos, so this is an ideal server fro me. Thank you.

One polite request if it's not been asked for before, but could you please add some 'hot' versions of the helos so we can jump in and fly without waiting to start up?

Cheers

I'm just starting out in helos, so this is an ideal server fro me. Thank you.

One polite request if it's not been asked for before, but could you please add some 'hot' versions of the helos so we can jump in and fly without waiting to start up?

Cheers

You can use command Auto Start. It will do the starting sequence for you.

It is what I do... :]. In the meantime, I check available missions and map, set rope length, setup heading, and doppler system... By the time the helo is ready, I am ready to go.

Good luck with your helo pilot career!! The secret is... Practice and not giving up !!!

I have now flown the Mi8 for about 8 hours this weekend. Picking up people all around Mt. Elbrus is a both thrilling and zen experience. I love this server and I thank you for running it!

Some feedback I have is that I think there should be some more time for pickups, like hover 15-20 seconds instead of the 5 now. Might be something that you could set yourself, but some longer times to simulate the hoisting or people running to the helicopter and getting in.

A thing I would like personally, but that might not be well received over all would be random failures. Instead of enemies shooting you, the enemy is your own helicopter. Could be fun if some slots had it, at least.

I have now flown the Mi8 for about 8 hours this weekend. Picking up people all around Mt. Elbrus is a both thrilling and zen experience. I love this server and I thank you for running it!

Some feedback I have is that I think there should be some more time for pickups, like hover 15-20 seconds instead of the 5 now. Might be something that you could set yourself, but some longer times to simulate the hoisting or people running to the helicopter and getting in.

A thing I would like personally, but that might not be well received over all would be random failures. Instead of enemies shooting you, the enemy is your own helicopter. Could be fun if some slots had it, at least.

Random failures. That'd be interesting.

Have you tried to turn'em on in DCS, or will this server override the DCS settings?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

just gave this server a go - so awesome. Used to do this type of mission in FSX. Unfortunately sometimes the smoke dissipates whilst you're trying to hover and you're constantly trying to maneuver to an imaginary point using the '5m at 3 oclock' guidance.

This server really requires you to have good control esp in the hover including ingress/egress. I unfortunately tried to hover in pitch black with no reference point (makes you wonder how the huey pilots did it in vietnam) and ended up losing RPM.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

How do I enter the server? I cannot find it on the "Multiplayer" servers list. When I try to "Connect by IP", the server is reported to be offline.

just search the name (SAR etc) - thats how I found it

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super