Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

I spent some time in this sever and I enjoyed it. But some additions need to be done imho. Other civil ideas would be good.

* Organ transportation within a limited time

* Simulated firefight

* VIP tours

* Emergency rescue from traffic accidents or fires

* Sling loads

* Humanitarian supply deliveries

* More detailed rescue stories like trapped skiers from snowy mountains

* Scientific trips like flying over volcanos (with fake fire or smoke), rivers, lakes, dams

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi!

Currently we are working on slingloading operations code.

We've started with implementing features and testing them on online server, when all features mechanics will be working as intended we will combine them into single environment. We had all these ideas and more, but on practice we are not moving fast yet. No one guesses limited conflict zone thought yet, you are first. The thing we will have I hope is zone where you will receive loadout if cleared to do rescue ops there, but you will be endangered there, we would need to tie that to server economy so it would be some kind of end game.

Near term we will update different weather variations and include slingload ops and we would need you guys to fly it and give more feedback. Thank you for being involved!

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it :thumbup:

Was looking for a server to practice flying the Mi-8 and somehow found your server. I like it so far, so here I am to provide a bit of feedback:

- Restart your server periodically

Right now it's been running for 12 days and we encountered some serious freezes and de-syncs. Since it isn't a busy combat server you might be able to get away with a restart once per day or even less frequent.

- Spawn new SAR missions automatically

Reacting to a given situation and coordinating with other pilots feels more engaging than simply spawning stuff manually in a given area.

- More bases / diverse missions

Deliver picked up units to a specific location, transfer units from one base to another, cargo/sling load transport ... just to add more variety. You've already mentioned sling loading, so you probably get the idea.

- Less forest pickups

It's very doable with the in-game overlay, but having to rely on it breaks the immersion and can be troublesome for VR users (as they have to look up to see it). Might solve itself when there are more diverse missions available.

- Dynamic weather

Hard to control sometimes, but it would require assessing each LZ individually and approaching them accordingly.

Thank you very much for giving DCS helicopters a purpose and I'm looking forward to ferrying more stuff on your server.

Update;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...77&postcount=1

After some tests:

The script works fine in MP on a dedi server.

It´s also combatible with Moose, CTLD, CSAR and all standard Scripts.

We are developing our own code and trying to use as less side frameworks as possible. Our implementation currently is more suitable for our future plans than CTLD or CSAR, also our implementations should be more FPS friendly at the moment. Using MOOSE on our server even for a future implementation would like killing fly with a grenade. We have no problem in coding our own stuff for any idea, just need some time. Widely used scripts doing a great job in helping general public to setup missions on daily basis but they are too heavy to use in something specific what we have.

I spent some time in this sever and I enjoyed it. But some additions need to be done imho. Other civil ideas would be good.

* Organ transportation within a limited time

* Simulated firefight

* VIP tours

* Emergency rescue from traffic accidents or fires

* Sling loads

* Humanitarian supply deliveries

* More detailed rescue stories like trapped skiers from snowy mountains

* Scientific trips like flying over volcanos (with fake fire or smoke), rivers, lakes, dams

These are more likely to happen when we will figure out economy and add it.

Currently we add features one by one. SLingloading already pretty much ready and we had some time spent on implementing patients recovery time depend on medical supplies you guys would need to deliver to hospitals in next mission patch

Hi

I have asked this before but got no reply so, Please can you reset mission more often so it is not always in the dark when i want to log on ,thank you.

After tomorrow patch we plan to roll out new missions pool, after we check that everything is working. New set of missions will be a different weather randomly chosen from pool of preset missions which will run for limited time and restart with new one from pool.

We were thinking what would be best time limit? 4 hours? 6 hours? Propose here guys.

After tomorrow patch we plan to roll out new missions pool, after we check that everything is working. New set of missions will be a different weather randomly chosen from pool of preset missions which will run for limited time and restart with new one from pool.

We were thinking what would be best time limit? 4 hours? 6 hours? Propose here guys.

Hi.

i would say 6 or 8 hrs , and thanks for a great server.

New missions pool uploaded to server and we've activated new functionality.

Changelog:

- Sling load functionality and transport missions added

We also introduced a new base type: Factories. They currently only produce medical supply which is used by Hospitals to heal patients. If a hospital runs out of supply it will still take patients, but they wont heal and thus wont get released - on a positive note: they also wont die, more on that below.

To avoid hospitals clogging up with patients make sure they have constant supply. Also: the more patients a hospital has, the faster a hospitals supply level will drain.

- Injured people now have a health status.

SAR Units will spawn with a random health level (between 20-80%). As long as they are in the field, their health status will slowly get worse. If it takes too long to pick them up and their health drops below 0, they die and despawn.

Likewise, a unit with better health will get released from hospital sooner and will consume less medical supply while getting healed.

- We've swapped the infantry units for more civil looking ones

- airfield will now provide fuel

- we've added more windsocks

- there's a new hospital in Tbilisi

- theres a new rescue area west of Tbilisi

- we've added two factories, one east of Tbilisi and one East of Kutaisi.

- Some Mi-8 slots to Mi-8s with halfdoor removed (Making them lighter).

- a few bugfixes and minor other fixes

Missions now have different weather presets, we will see how it will work and probably add more presets later. Come of the current presets have challenging weather conditions. Each mission running 6 hrs. Except heavy weather conditions one which are running 4 hrs. for now

Edited by Multiplayer team

First, THANK YOU!

It's great to be able to use my Mi-8 in a multiplayer environment, to do something positive, without getting shot down by bored 12 year olds! :)

I have a couple of suggestions if I may:

Could we have a wider spread (geographically) of SAR missions, maybe so it requires refueling to get there and back?

I had managed to rescue some units from the previous cluster not far from Sevastopol, though I suspect they were not intended for rescue. It was a massive effort, but it proved that it could be done. I'm not suggesting anything that extreme though - unless...

Could we have some missions in the sea? Also how about using ships as refueling points?

Finally,

I'd love to play on your server regularly and I've even stirred up some interest from fellow enthusiasts of Helo Sims; but a lot of the time the server appears to be off-line; also it tends to be nighttime on the server during evening hours for the UK and western Europe - is there a way that we could have more daylight?

Again, thank you SO much for giving us an alternative way to play our favorite sim!

:thumbup:

First, THANK YOU!

It's great to be able to use my Mi-8 in a multiplayer environment, to do something positive, without getting shot down by bored 12 year olds! :)

I have a couple of suggestions if I may:

Could we have a wider spread (geographically) of SAR missions, maybe so it requires refueling to get there and back?

I had managed to rescue some units from the previous cluster not far from Sevastopol, though I suspect they were not intended for rescue. It was a massive effort, but it proved that it could be done. I'm not suggesting anything that extreme though - unless...

Could we have some missions in the sea? Also how about using ships as refueling points?

Finally,

I'd love to play on your server regularly and I've even stirred up some interest from fellow enthusiasts of Helo Sims; but a lot of the time the server appears to be off-line; also it tends to be nighttime on the server during evening hours for the UK and western Europe - is there a way that we could have more daylight?

Again, thank you SO much for giving us an alternative way to play our favorite sim!

:thumbup:

If you go through this thread from start you may see some of our answers from which picture will be more clear I hope.

In short: current server is only to test all core features we will come up with. When we will implement all we can, we hope to go map wide. Also we hope to use these mechanics, you see now, to implement meaningful sets of activities, you will do. Final challenge will be to entangle all of this into economy. We were sitting and dreaming what we can do back at December 2019, we came up with a lot of stuff. Thing is we can't do everything instantly, we take one game mechanic or mission type and implement it (this include coding plus planning how it should fit in the end and interfacing etc.), also we have to check if each idea is even possible to do in DCS mission editing API environment. ok its not "in short" already I hope you got the idea..

Regarding server be offline - happens not that often but usually we check it at least once per one or two days. Also it is hosted in data center so if there is any problems with it we get their support.

Regarding night and daylight check changelog couple posts above. Now mission is running for 6 hours (4 hrs. for severe weather) and then it restart other mission with different weather preset.

Edited by Multiplayer team