[FIXED INTERNALLY]F18 TWS Memory Aspect keeps getting updated

frosty1

I am pretty sure you shouldnt see the exact aspect of the bandit when your radar is looking somewhere completely else

Well, if there is indeed a bug it won't be because of that. Extrapolation should be easy for the radar to do and continue to update the aspect. The other report you made, that is definitely a bug. This one I'm not that sure. Let's see what ED says, they will know.

Stay safe

Both their velocity and acceleration are being extrapolated, so if they were turning at the time they were lost by the radar they will continue to turn in memory. In the track for this bug https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268730 you can see they recommit but they appear to continue turning in the HUD.

With that said, trackfile memory shouldn't be controlled by the raw hit timeout setting so it shouldn't be possible to manually select 32 for trackfiles.

Do you have a track that shows the aspect on the HUD updating as they recommit? I'm not 100% convinced

Edited by Santi871

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268733

You can use search.

From this very section.

Thanks for your suggestion. I suggest you read the thread after searching and not take only the title. That was me replying to that thread you linked. Which by the way, has nothing to do with this bug report, two different animals. Thanks for your effort though.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

Maybe the two problems have the same underlying cause: The wrongly implemented memory feature is what I am guessing.

There is no wrongly memory feature. The other bug report was wrong like we pointed out with Santi. Extrapolation is the reason. This bug report is serious, and may very well be a bug.

Stay safe

Okay I just tested it with a different miz, it's working correctly as the extrapolated aspect isn't updated with the "real" aspect.

Edit: I can reproduce the bug in OB but not internally, so will check after the next OB update to see if it still happens

Santi, I just saw your Edit. What bug did you reproduce? I tested it 4 times last night and in current OB the extrapolation works fine.

Stay safe

Look at this:

Please tell me how the radar "extrapolates" the Flanker going from straight flight to being in a turn, while looking somewhere else

That video has the camera all messed up, can't see clearly.

Stay safe

Just to be clear: we are taking about the aspect in the HUD or HMD not on the radar

Yes correct. Your target was already turning when you intentionally lost radar contact, so the extrapolation did its magic. I don't know why Santi could reproduce but for me OB is fine. What's important is that if there was a bug it is fixed, and if there was no bug then we're fine.

Stay safe

Radar lock lost 0:23

Bandits starts turning 0:27

That's why a track is better. A video means nothing, you even have an error at the end so who knows what is going on in that mission. In both tracks I saw everything is fine. Again, if Santi says he could reproduce then be happy. No one cares what I say, I was just coming here to help.

Stay safe

Actually this might have something to do with the extrapolation. In terms that the missile is first sent to the extrapolated place and then it switched to pitbull. But it was never going to guide if it had been outside active range. Hope ED can give light to us.

Stay safe

Ok, nevermind. The bug exists, both of them. OP's testing was not bullet proof since the active seeker of the amraam played a role there, but tested with LTWS midcourse guidance and the HUD magically updates and the missile is guided.

Stay safe