[FIXED INTERNALLY]F18 TWS Memory Aspect keeps getting updated

frosty1

Although this bug is marked as [fixed internally] i can say it is not fixed in the current OB (06/11/2020 update). I have attached a small track where an AI does some aerobatics AFTER i turned away and my radar switched to 32s memory mode. The missile starts following the aerobatics until the memory is lost +5s of Amraam internal memory.

Aim120 was launced im TWS auto with 32s memory.

Should i open a new thread or can you please delete the [fixed internally] marker? I think when there is no response within the next days i guess this thread is not getting attention anymore and i will open a new one then.

Best regards, Badlego

F18-TWS-magic-INS-bug.trk

Although this bug is marked as [fixed internally] i can say it is not fixed in the current OB (06/11/2020 update). I have attached a small track where an AI does some aerobatics AFTER i turned away and my radar switched to 32s memory mode. The missile starts following the aerobatics until the memory is lost +5s of Amraam internal memory.

Should i open a new thread or can you please delete the [fixed internally] marker? I think when there is no response within the next days i guess this thread is not getting attention anymore and i will open a new one then.

Best regards, Badlego

Confirmed, bug is still here.

Stay safe

incorrect TWS-Auto missile support

Dear ED Team,

In the current OB version 2.5.6.50793 the following bugs occur with the missile guidance:

1. As soon as a hornet turns cold after missile launch in TWS-Auto, the missile is still supported by the aircrafts radar with the memory track, which can last for up to 32 seconds. Some sources i found in the web indicate, that target updates are send to the missiles with the radar, therefore the missile has to be hit by the radar beam to receive target updates, wich is not possible when the missile flies way outside the radar scan limits.

2. TWS-targets, which are outside the radar cone are kept as memory targets and they are correctly extrapolated by the aircrafts radar. This is notable when looking to a target with the HMD. BUT although the memory target deviates from the actual target, the missile is tracking the real targets movements until the memory time-out occurs or the missile turns active.

To sum up the above two points, the missile should be guided to the memory target, not the actual one as long as the missile flies withing the radar scan zone. I dont expect the missile to only get updates when the radar beam hits it, that would be too problematic for MP syncing, but it should not be supported when the launch platform is cold and should also not follow the real target movement when in midcourse guidance.

I have attached a small track in a previous post where an AI does some aerobatics AFTER i turned away and my radar switched to 32s memory mode. The missile starts following the aerobatics until the memory is lost +5s of Amraam internal memory.

you can find the track here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4381603&postcount=51

Best Regards, Badlego

• 2 months later...
Santi, sorry to jump in here again. Based on what you said, is it safe to say that we do have a bug where the radar is in trackfile memory (currently the same as age) and instead of going to last position it performs a pursuit like in tracking mode?

This comment was overlooked, and all the issues presented here are making the simulation quite arcade IMHO, I really hope ED has the knowledge to sort this out. The main issues here are that the missile guides magically to the real target's position despite it not having any link to any source. Even worse the Age setting is acting like a trackfile memory which are two different animals, and this "memory" state is making the missile to guide to the real position instead of the position that the memory is "remembering".

Stay safe

• 4 weeks later...

Dear ED Team,

Please Note that this Bug is still present in the latest OB.

Can a Moderator Please Change the Tag from [fixed internally] to [investigating] or something else? This Tag is from June and the Bugfix did Not make it into the OB so far. I doubt that an internal fix is held behind a Release from so Long. Instead i think, that the bug is not fixed yet, but i can be wrong. So i bump this Thread and hopefully i can send you a new track at the end of this Werk...

Regards, Badlego

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump.

Took out the hornet after months of disregarding it after always questioning "hmmm what bugs will I encounter today...". THIS issue still persists. I could just be cruising along in A/A with TWS selected and hit the undesignate button and see with my HMD a target locked six-o'clock -1200Vc range increasing. First and last time buying early access from ED but seventh time not wanting to fly the hornet.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

I think that the dcs engine is not good enough to fix this, just like santi said it is a dcs limitation due to the base code being from decades ago.

I gave up, I invest a lot of time of my life in identifying bugs and report them so we can have a better product, ED saves millions in beta test with people like us, now it's up to them to demonstrate their up to the task. Goal still to complete.

Stay safe

• 3 weeks later...

• Introduced last target LOS storing. When the target is lost, the seeker retains its orientation, directed to where the target was.

Does this item in the last changelog have anything to do with this bug?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5