X56-Rhino problems

Hey guys,

I'm new to DCS and wanted to start my flight career with the A10-C module.

However, I've issues with my hotas X-56. The game recognises the hotas and I am able to set up axes and everything, seeing the "sliders" moving in "controls" when i move the stick or throttle. When i go into a A10-C training session or mission the A10-C doesn't respond to my hotas. I tested is with both config profiles.

Here is what I've done so far:

Tested with the other two modules that come with DCS (SU-25 and that WWII plane), everything works perfect. But A10-C won't react...

Installed steam Version (i bought the module here), deinstalled steam version; Installed Standalone from DSC website -> same issues.

Installed steam beta version -> same issues

Installed standalone beta version -> same issues

re-installed drivers and software for X56-Rhino

contacted support:

they told me to do the stuff i already tried.

they told me to watch the "setting up controls" video.

they told me to deactivate game flight mode and game avionics mode

they told me to delete the "input" folder from "saved games"

but nothing helped. so it's sunday and their office is closed they told me to look and ask in forum.

so here i am, explaining my problem not knowing what to do now.

do you guys have any clue what I'm doing wrong? I hope it's just a setting i didn't (de)activate.

Your help is really appreciated and I hope we can solve this problem together

Edited by blutm8

However, I've issues with my hotas X-56. The game recognises the hotas and I am able to set up axes and everything, seeing the "sliders" moving in "controls" when i move the stick or throttle. When i go into a A10-C training session or mission the A10-C doesn't respond to my hotas.

There are two A-10C profiles for your input setup:

1. "A-10C Arcade" and
  2. "A-10C Sim"

If you have activated the "Arcade-Mode" (under Options/Game/Difficulty), then you have to setup the profile "A-10C Arcade" otherwise "A-10C Sim".

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

There are two A-10C profiles for your input setup:

1. "A-10C Arcade" and
  2. "A-10C Sim"

If you have activated the "Arcade-Mode" (under Options/Game/Difficulty), then you have to setup the profile "A-10C Arcade" otherwise "A-10C Sim".

i'm aware of that and i tested both, not working.

also the profiles are named "A-10C Game" and "A-10C Real". even after reinstalling the modules and deleting the input folder. AND there is no "Arcade Mode" in option anywhere to find

Edited by blutm8

i'm aware of that and i tested both, not working.

also the profiles are named "A-10C Game" and "A-10C Real". even after reinstalling the modules and deleting the input folder. AND there is no "Arcade Mode" in option anywhere to find

Are you sure no other controls are mapped/interfering with what you have mapped for the A10C?

I have been using the X56 throttle in DCS (including the A10C) for years now, never had an issue (currently porting all profiles from logitech's software to Joystick Gremlin, but that's another story)