X52 Pro Mouse and Mini Stick

Batman7617

Apologies if this has already been asked but this is frustrating the hell out me.

Up till around two days ago, everything was working fine, then all of a sudden, the little mouse button on the throttle and mini joystick stopped working?

I have gone into the controller settings to test the connectivity and they are both working fine!

Has anyone else had the same issue and is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not using any profile, in Logitech software external from dcs. If you try to disable all profiles? Just default configuration. Neither in dcs I’ve never had to set the axis and the button for the mouse.

Do you have other device connected that could interfere with the mouse? I had some problem with my 3Dconnexion space mouse enterprise which inhibited the x52 axis in some cases

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

I started using the TDC slew profile linked to above and it works fine as long as I load the profile s/ware and the game controller properties window in Windows 10 first. I struggled with poor pot quality on the "precision" (joke) slider and the rotaries for zoom function so ended up using the scroll wheel thingy n the back of the throttle stick, once I discovered I had to press it in quite hard to click it like a button dcs then sees it as a scroll wheel and it works. Documentation on the X52 seems very sketchy.

• 3 weeks later...

Check the profile that you are using

and see how the mouse have been set.

If everything is ok in there check

the mouse inside DCS Options ALL.

Also if the Click Cockpit function

(something like that sorry i cant recall it now)

has been set to OFF

or if the MOUSE BUTTONS/KEYS have other assignments.

Edited by ADHS

Democracy was already invented, while Scrat was eating oak fruits.

What were you using them as before? As mouse pointer and left click which was default or did you program something else to them?

Did you try deleting the profile and lua file?

BTW, the profile is empty when I open it.

Edited by Taz1004

• 1 month later...

My second X52 Pro (third X52 in all) has just stopped working. Throttle works, base of the stick is fine but no stick control or buttons. Happily (?) this one is new enough to still be under warranty.

The last one started generating random inputs and ignoring deliberate ones.

Sadly, because I like the product, I have come to the conclusion they they are, basically, crap.

Thrustmaster is that price for a reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

My second X52 Pro (third X52 in all) has just stopped working. Throttle works, base of the stick is fine but no stick control or buttons. Happily (?) this one is new enough to still be under warranty.

The last one started generating random inputs and ignoring deliberate ones.

Sadly, because I like the product, I have come to the conclusion they they are, basically, crap.

Thrustmaster is that price for a reason.

Really... I've had mine ever since it came out in 2005 and still working as the day I bought it. Minus the rubbery plastic that went sticky which I removed with alcohol. Maybe their quality control went to shit after Logitech took over.

Really... I've had mine ever since it came out in 2005 and still working as the day I bought it. Minus the rubbery plastic that went sticky which I removed with alcohol. Maybe their quality control went to shit after Logitech took over.

Maybe I've been unlucky. Or maybe you've been fortunate...

I really hoped their quality control would improve after Logitech took over but while I hear good things about their newer products (which are also bloody expensive) their legacy products seem to be, lets say, inconsistent.

When it worked it was really good, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

• 1 year later...

I decided to give this a go last night and yet again I cannot get the x52 to work. Tried all the different profiles in x52 software. When set as a mouse it behaves like a mouse. But despite putting mouse under tdc x and y it will only move the mouse in the cockpit.... I wonder if I need to look deeper into windows?

I only need for the harrier really as it is a PITA to adjust mav's with digital only HAT switch!

• 1 month later...

I did some digging last night following a reddit thread to github and back to here, to try and get the ministick working as a proper analog axis that DCS recognises. I finally found a register tweak that worked for me (X52 here, not the X52 pro) so I can now use the ministick to slew properly for tdc and TADS on the AH-64D. There were a few threads where people said it cannot or will not function but this worked for me, you just have to sacrifice one existing axis - easy for me as I have rudder pedals and dont need the joystick z-axis turn. So as I understand it the ministick x acts instead of joystick rotate, and ministick Y acts as the (previously unused) slider 2.

I attached the program here, its not my work, I just found it, it has options for which axis you can do without and just edits the registry for you.

x52_ministick_axes.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1