Best Oculus Tray Tool Set up advice

Hi Guys I have heard using the Oculus Tray tool can gain slight performance and wondering what is the best set up. Currently I use pixel density in DCS at 1.8 with good results but ive heard if I drop this to 1.5 then use the oculus tray tool instead it will have better effect but im unsure of what other settings in OTT to set too ie. ASW, set delay, CPU priority, Set delay, WMI Oh and screen mirroring.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks Glynn

Gigabyte X470, 32gb corsair 3200 ddr4, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ml240 coolmaster, Nvidia GTX1080ti 11gb, 512gb ssd Seagate for DCS,Oculus rift CV1, X52 joystick and throttle

Hi Guys I have heard using the Oculus Tray tool can gain slight performance and wondering what is the best set up. Currently I use pixel density in DCS at 1.8 with good results but ive heard if I drop this to 1.5 then use the oculus tray tool instead it will have better effect but im unsure of what other settings in OTT to set too ie. ASW, set delay, CPU priority, Set delay, WMI Oh and screen mirroring.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks Glynn

It is not necessarily going to get you better performance, but does help in accessing some functions for the Rift easier than working with the debug tool.

PD - either set in game, or in OTT - not in both.

I use the OTT for setting things like SS (PD) if the game does not have that option, setting my audio and mic device, setting my ASW setting, audio switcher.

It is a nice tool to have handy, but certainly not necessary.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for your Reply Don think thats why ive had abit of stuttering going on using PD in DCS and setting it in OTT as well.

Gigabyte X470, 32gb corsair 3200 ddr4, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ml240 coolmaster, Nvidia GTX1080ti 11gb, 512gb ssd Seagate for DCS,Oculus rift CV1, X52 joystick and throttle

As Don says, not required but nice to have. I have seen some improvement via the general recommendation of turning of ASW on my marginal system (i7-4790K @4.5 and RTX 2060). It's not that Oculus Tray Tool is the only way to do that (Ctrl+NumPad 1 is the general keyboard command IIRC) it's that you can confirm it's off easier. Plus it has other nice features like minimizing Oculus app to tray and advanced settings. I only have played with PD in DCS

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Thanks Snake yes Ive always used PD in DCS but I have noticed a bit sharper resolution using OTT SS at 1.6 though it does take a slight performance hit.