Two Bugs in Open Beta

GrislyAccord

• ED Team

Hi

1. are you using easy comms?

2. can you attach a short track showing this

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

1. are you using easy comms?

2. can you attach a short track showing this

thank you

Hi,

Yes, just using easy comms. I can't bring up the menu at all to interact with ATC, Ground Crew, etc. The default " \ " key doesn't work and I've tried mapping it to other keys, as well as HOTAS. All of the other aircraft (at least the ones I own) seem to be fine.

And the smoke getting stuck in the on position is the same. Tried mapping different HOTAS buttons and keyboard commands, but nothing works once it's stuck. (The first time, I thought maybe it wasn't the smoke system at all, but that I'd inadvertently fried my engine...so I landed, thinking I could check to see if the ground crew could repair the problem...but couldn't bring up the comms to do so, lol.)

I'll make a track as soon as I have a chance. (Probably later this afternoon.)

Hi @BIGNEWY

Here's a track (if I've attached it correctly). I just created a quick mission and tried to access comms both before and after start, and while in the air. In the middle of it, I bound the commands for smoke and comms to different buttons, but I don't know if you'll be able to see that in the track. (I have no idea how much information is saved, lol.)

The smoke button gets stuck right away in this clip, but at other times, I can toggle it on and off for a while before the button gets stuck. Throughout the track, I am trying both HOTAS bindings and keyboard commands to try to turn it off.

(Edit: I mentioned the smoke thing the other day (saturday?) on the Aerobatics Online server when I discovered it, and someone else said the same thing had happened to them...)

Yak-52 Broken Comms & Smoke.trk

Edited by GrislyAccord

I seem to recall figuring out by accident how to turn smoke off. The T key would turn it on, but not off. Then by chance I hit left control+T and it shut off. Not sure if that is how it’s supposed to work by default though.

I seem to recall figuring out by accident how to turn smoke off. The T key would turn it on, but not off. Then by chance I hit left control+T and it shut off. Not sure if that is how it’s supposed to work by default though.

Okay. I see. Just tested this.

So the key mappings for "Smoke Apparatus OFF" and "Smoke Apparatus ON" do work to turn smoke on and off.

It's just the "Smoke Apparatus, toggle" command that's stuck. Turns it on, as @cgjunk2 says, but doesn't turn it back off. Hitting the "Smoke Apparatus OFF" key mapping, however, does indeed turn it off again.

Thanks for the headsup, @cgjunk2 .

Since I relied on the toggle, I forgot those other options even existed.

So shorter version: Toggle no longer toggles.

Edited by GrislyAccord