Kicked to External View with JSOW

bonesvf103

I have been experiencing a very frustrating issue. I was flying a mission MP with friends and I have JSOW-A and JSOW-C loaded up and when I get in range, as soon as I pickle I get kicked out to external view outside my aircraft and the F1 key goes dead so I can't get back in. With no way to control the aircraft and get back in the cockpit, my mission is useless and it's really frustrating when you go through the trouble of programming things in and fly all that way there just to have that happen.

Anyone else experience this?

I tried rebooting and it still did it.

I also tried as a test setting a target coordinate that was only 10 miles away. The JSOWs launched then without be getting kicked out.

So i have no idea what is going on.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

That almost sounds like your pilot is dead after you launch the jsow. What does the flight event tracker thing say?

No not dead. I can still steer the aircraft externally, but that's it. Looking at the TacView, it shows me launch the JSOWs (though TacView says I launched AGM-88) and there are no threats around me. I never got hit by anything.

This is in MP BTW

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Maybe do a repair, with DCS_updater.exe

I'm running Steam version. It just passed file integrity.

I'll see about the repair if it's something I can do in the Steam version.

v6,

boNes

Can't find the updater in the Steam edition, do you know where to look if it is even available?

v6,

boNes

Isn't there some setting for an automatic missile/bomb camera view? Check through your settings.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Isn't there some setting for an automatic missile/bomb camera view? Check through your settings.

I'll check but I don't know why there is because I never changed or messed around with any of the views or control settings. EVen if it did go to that view, why can't I get back into the cockpit?

v6,

boNes

I actually that afternoon played the mission and it was fine. I came back to it and it started doing it...without me doing anything different.

v6,

boNes

And the F1 key is operational. It as registering key presses just not in DCS.

v6,

boNes

See if your F1 view is registered to "Cockpit" view in your keybindings? Maybe something got messed up there.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

One of the F keys will do this in combination with a modifier. Might be F6+ ALT/CTRL/SHIFT. Try those combinations in control settings to see what comes up. IIRC its a toggle, so you have to press again to turn off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

See if your F1 view is registered to "Cockpit" view in your keybindings? Maybe something got messed up there.

F1 was still set to cockpit view

Just a wild guess: what keys do you use to launch your weapon? I've had an issue before with using a key with a modifier (say, shift or alt) for something and DCS kind of failed to register I let go of that modifier key after. Just tapping it again snapped it out of it eventually.

One of the F keys will do this in combination with a modifier. Might be F6+ ALT/CTRL/SHIFT. Try those combinations in control settings to see what comes up. IIRC its a toggle, so you have to press again to turn off.

Ok tried this but saw that nothing was keybound to any of those combos and doing it in game did not reproduce the results either.

Could it just be a multiplayer thing? when i did MP with it earlier that day with no problems, there was only one other guy on the server. But later that night on the mission there were 4 or more people on. Could have confused DCS or something?

v6,

boNes

Just a wild guess: what keys do you use to launch your weapon? I've had an issue before with using a key with a modifier (say, shift or alt) for something and DCS kind of failed to register I let go of that modifier key after. Just tapping it again snapped it out of it eventually.

Weapon release is st to right shift space.

It has been set this way for years and not changed and always worked until now.

v6,

boNes

I have it keybound to my HOTAS. It has always worked before. in fact it worked just a few hours before it stopped working, and it worked afterwards when I set a fake target only 10 miles away and fired on it.

v6,

boNes

OK, I have now found that this happens at random not just with JSOW but also with HARM and GBU.

In the latest case when I dropped GBU, it kicked me out into external view and I couldn't get back in as before. I had no control of my aircraft--instead it seemed as if someone had remote control of it. It was maneuvering, opening the airbrake, even popped flares and chaff and climbed. It was as if my aircraft suddenly became AI controlled. On the F10 map I was not even shown.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is ti something written into the mission? It was Operation Clearfield on an MP server.

v6,

boNes

OK, it happened again this time when I dropped CBU-99. Apparently at random when I drop, my aircraft gets transformed into an AI aircraft. I have no control and someone or something flies me instead. I am in Operation Clearfield right now and watching my now AI plane being flown back to the carrier on its own after dropping the CBU. So, no one has any ideas what's going on? ED are you seeing this?

v6,

boNes

WHere do I submit it? Just attach it here?

ALso I took the file labeled last track in the file name but am not entirely sure that is it. Better than nothing I guess. IT was in the c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\dcs folder\lastmissiontrack.trk. I am running Steam version. Is that the right file?

v6,

boNes