FW190D9 can't dogfight.

Snapage

Again, no tangible evidence from anyone, just idle talk.

Dude, do you even fly any of the axis planes? Dora guns ARE jamming..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I fly both the Dora and the Anton regularly, and no, I haven't experienced this yet. Granted, I'm a groundpounder and thus stay in the weeds, so I've no idea if they perhaps freeze in low temperatures high up or something; but regardless, I've haven't had a single jam yet.

Could this somehow be a high-volume MP thing? I've no clue, since I mostly do singleplayer and (formerly) small PvE mission hosting.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just try to pull the stick while firing and see what happens..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

How many Gs did you pull? I noticed that ~6G the guns jam. All of them at the same time, which is weird at least. I made a small vid showing this.

Specs:

Settings:

No clue, but I was going at full bore and pulled until the thing was shaking and I almost stalled. But I do want to test this again just to see if something has changed that I haven't noticed.

OK, did a test flight where I took off from Creech on a zero-centigrade winter day. Took her up, did a power dive, then pulled Gs through an Immelmann. Fired the guns all through the maneuvre. Repeated. Result: no gun jams experienced.

OK, did a test flight where I took off from Creech on a zero-centigrade winter day. Took her up, did a power dive, then pulled Gs through an Immelmann. Fired the guns all through the maneuvre. Repeated. Result: no gun jams experienced.

OpenBeta or Stable?

Specs:

Settings:

That's really puzzling..

Specs:

Settings:

I fly the Bf109k and i love it. So far for the ‚no one flies german warbirds‘ I tried the Fw190 A and D during the testing period right now. I admit, the A8 is nicer than the D

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I fly the Bf109k and i love it. So far for the ‚no one flies german warbirds‘ I tried the Fw190 A and D during the testing period right now. I admit, the A8 is nicer than the D

A-8 has a style, I use it for casual fly around and bombing, I survived 3 full P51 strafes, it's tough as nail, but it can't dogfight :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The german planes do seem less popular. The109K4 is fun to fly, it can hold it's own and dogfight.

The FW190s on the other hand are not very good to fight in. The A8 is slow and the D9 can't turn.

People who say the FW190D9 is a boom and zoomer don't seem to understand that any plane can boom and zoom. Diving on unaware opponents is not skillfull or challenging, it's what you do when your plane is outclassed and can't compete in a fight. It also gets boring quickly, at least for me.

I find the most fun comes from out maneuvering an aponent in a relatively equal engagement or from a disadvantage.

don't seem to understand that any plane can boom and zoom

And you don't seem to understand that Fockes can't really turn without bleeding lots of speed. So you b'n'z, skillful and challenging or not. Because what's the alternative? To give them unrealistic turning abilities, because gamers wanna game?

"don't seem to understand that any plane can boom and zoom"

Sure just like how any plane can turn. ehh

Btw I doubt that the boom and zoom tactic means hit and run only...

I think It means you play with your energy advantage over your opponent and not that you will run after your first attack missed. Just because every plane can boom and zoom that does not mean that it has a point to do so and all of them have the specifics to use this tactic efficently.

I mean not every airfract will gain the same speed while diving or have the tolerance to high speeds and g loads. Or have the same climbing power. So if a plane have this advantage in boom and zoom while disadvantage in turn than that plane shouldn't engage in level flight but use boom and zoom what does not mean fleeing. Depending on the altitude and the specific of the plane climb away or dive way while trying to make you opponent follow while doing specific maneuvers to force him to lose energy than turn the table with your extra energy gained over your opponent due to your frame having and advantage in these maneuvers.

I am not an expert but personally I feel that executing the boom and zoom tactic in 1v1 combat efficently is not easy at all and it does not mean fleeing from combat but trying stay out of fireing range than engage only when enough advantage of speed or height is gained .

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Btw I doubt that the boom and zoom tactic means hit and run...

I think It means you play with your energy advantage over your opponent and not that you will run after your first attack missed. Just because every plane can boom and zoom that does not mean that it has a point to do so and all of them have the specifics to use this tactic efficently.

I mean not every airfract will gain the same speed wile diving or have the tolerance to high speeds and g loads. Or have the same climbing power. So if a plane have this advantage in boom and zoom while disadvantage in turn than that plane shouldn't engage in level flight but use boom and zoom what does not mean fleeing. Depending on the altitude and the specific of the plane climb away or dive way while trying to make you opponent follow an lose energy than turn the table with your extra energy gained over your opponent.

I am not an expert but personally I feel that executing the boom and zoom tactic in 1v1 combat efficently is not easy at all and it does not mean fleing from combat but to stay out of fireing range than engage only when enough advantage of speed or height is gained .

You're absolutely right. Maintaining the energy hence flying coordinated all the time that's what the art of flying and 'dogfighting' it's all about. Knowing your opponent weaknesses and using your advantages against your opponent is what makes you successful in a fight. I may say that any mediocre pilot can pull the stick ergo put the velocity vector on the opponent and hope that his/her plane turns better is a weak tactics. But doing a rope'a'dope to force the enemy in a climb, losing his energy while doing so and become a certain victim it takes a lot of skills to properly do it. And that's just a small example of 'energy fighting'.

Specs:

Settings:

Btw I doubt that the boom and zoom tactic means hit and run only...

I mean not every airfract will gain the same speed while diving or have the tolerance to high speeds and g loads. Or have the same climbing power. So if a plane have this advantage in boom and zoom while disadvantage in turn than that plane shouldn't engage in level flight but use boom and zoom what does not mean fleeing. Depending on the altitude and the specific of the plane climb away or dive way while trying to make you opponent follow while doing specific maneuvers to force him to lose energy than turn the table with your extra energy gained over your opponent due to your frame having and advantage in these maneuvers.

I am not an expert but personally I feel that executing the boom and zoom tactic in 1v1 combat efficently is not easy at all and it does not mean fleeing from combat but trying stay out of fireing range than engage only when enough advantage of speed or height is gained .

Well all aircraft are energy fighters and should fly efficiently. That includes all kinds of maneuvers that involve turning, climbing diving etc. Just because a plane turns better then another doesn't mean you should dump all your energy advantage to turn and burn. A FW190D9 that is able to keep altitude advantage and use vertical maneuvers in a fight without disengaging would be dogfighting in my book. Problem is I don't think the fw190s can do they. They used to be able to back before the spitfire was released but seems to been broken ever since.

I have had good dog fights vs the FW190D9 and while flying the FW190D9 in the past. I don't think it can do it anymore. When Im fighting the D9 its always the same story. The FW190D9 is either shot down or forced back to friendly AA. It just can't keep the energy advantage againts someone who knows what they are doing in the P51D and spitfire 9.

To make a FW190D9 ineffective when flying the spitfire is very simple, climb above him and keep altitude advantage. They can't out climb you and they can't fight you so they have to run away( or get shot down).

The P51D climbs well enough now that it can chase a FW190D9 up to altitudes where it starts to gain a performance advantage. The D9 won't get enough separation before then to be able to turn and attack.

Edited by Snapage

Well all aircraft are energy fighters and should fly efficiently. That includes all kinds of maneuvers that involve turning, climbing diving etc. Just because a plane turns better then another doesn't mean you should dump all your energy advantage to turn and burn. A FW190D9 that is able to keep altitude advantage and use vertical maneuvers in a fight without disengaging would be dogfighting in my book. Problem is I don't think the fw190s can do they. They used to be able to back before the spitfire was released but seems to been broken ever since.

I have had good dog fights vs the FW190D9 and while flying the FW190D9 in the past. I don't think it can do it anymore. When Im fighting the D9 its always the same story. The FW190D9 is either shot down or forced back to friendly AA. It just can't keep the energy advantage againts someone who knows what they are doing in the P51D and spitfire 9.

To make a FW190D9 ineffective when flying the spitfire is very simple, climb above him and keep altitude advantage. They can't out climb you and they can't fight you so they have to run away( or get shot down).

The P51D climbs well enough now that it can chase a FW190D9 up to altitudes where it starts to gain a performance advantage. The D9 won't get enough separation before then to be able to turn and attack.

Agreed, the Dora has been a bit broken for quite a while now. In my opinion what is the point of having 2 very well done allied fighters if the axis fighters aren't done to the same level. It's counter productive for the health of DCS ww2 if you ask me.

Edited by Brigg

Agreed, the Dora has been a bit broken for quite a while now. In my opinion what is the point of having 2 very well done allied fighters if the axis fighters aren't done to the same level. It's counter productive for the health of DCS ww2 if you ask me.

I have a word but it's kind of taboo here... :)

Specs:

Settings:

So, i'm a little confused here.

Fw 190 got nerfed or allied planes got buffed ?

Because when i have flown p-51 recently i had no problem of shaking k-4 off my tail.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

So, i'm a little confused here.

Fw 190 got nerfed or allied planes got buffed ?

Because when i have flown p-51 recently i had no problem of shaking k-4 off my tail.

A bit of both..

Specs:

Settings:

So the devs intentionally borked all German planes and made all Allied A/C unrealistically capable? LMAO :lol: This same BS whine (and a vice-versa version of it as well) is as old as combat sims themselves, and as garbage here and now as always. So c'mon whiners, pleeze, we've heard that bleat before, so go change that damn record because you scratched it in 1995 already :lol: