FW190D9 can't dogfight.

Snapage

Hm. The Mustang can turn better tho. 

And the higher you go, the better the mustang will perform.

Way i fly it by now is to retain as much energy as possible whilst positioning yourself.

The dora bleeds airspeed quite fast and stalls like hell if youre going slow and w/o flaps.

Try to get height advantage, attack from above. During turns i rather to yo yo maneuvers during the mustangs turn if i cant get a good angle or the mustang turns to hard.
So eg. if i see the mustang turns too hard instead of following it, i climb, roll and go down on him.
Depending on the angle i either turn straight into him or in the opposite direction so i can get a tighter angle (eg if his direction is alread past my 3 or 9 o clock).

Rinse and repeat.

Throughout the whole attack, i try to maintain 500kmh. If i cant get a good solution i break of the attack, climb,evaluate and reengage.

The AI likes to engange endless loops. It helped me a lot do deploy start flaps just before entering the peak. Youll lose speed but will retain more stable and hence a better shooting platform.

If you follow to long you might end up in a stall and uncontrolable downward spiral.

Defense wise i still suck. The AI is just relentless, even at low AI settings for me. Only way to fend of attackers is to extend, or dive and barrelroll above ground.
The Mustangs will rather pull out in order not to snap of wings etc.

Doesnt always work.

Flat scissors rarely work for me... i usually end up stalling the dora being a dinnerplate for the ponies to feast on.

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 1