Strike Fighter School

Hi guys,

So i've set up and currently running a discord for those interested in learning some of the more complex aircraft DCS has to offer. It's not a squadron (although squadrons can advertise there if they want), and just a place rookie and veteran pilots alike can interact and teach each other new things.

The server currently has areas for the F14, F18, F16, and JF17. The AV8B area will be completed very soon. We'll add other aircraft as demand requires. The novel thing about this discord is that you will only see areas for the aircraft you own, and even then you only tell us to show you areas you want to see. So, if it's only 1 specific aircraft you want help with just let us know and you will only see content for that aircraft. If later on down the line you want access to other areas we will add them adhoc for you.

The aim is to provide a friendly community that's sole purpose in life is to make us as players better at DCS. That's done in both text and VOIP formats making the experience more interactive than using a forum or a facebook community page, as good a resource as they are.

I know there are some very knowledgeable people out there who want to share the knowledge they have, and so as people join and display that knowledge they will become the servers Subject Matter Experts, giving you the assurance that should a SME give you an answer to a question you know it's 100% correct.

Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/6rJdbsA

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

RAF Hawker Typhoon (Warbird)

http://www.twitch.tv/uncappingbadger

That sounds great, I may join when my Hotas comes in, it's been back ordered. I'm hoping to get it very soon. I'll be adding the F16 to the hanger this weekend and maybe the Supercarrier .

I'm trying to figure out why it says pre-purchase?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

That sounds great, I may join when my Hotas comes in, it's been back ordered. I'm hoping to get it very soon. I'll be adding the F16 to the hanger this weekend and maybe the Supercarrier .

Because it's not released yet. 15 april!

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I am thinking of getting the Supercarrier myself and at £26 at the moment it doesnt look a bad price for what it promises.

For those more experienced in DCS and their pricing policies, can anyone tell me is the price of this item likely to incrrease substantially after 15th April. I seem to recall when the F16 was on Pre purchase, it was running at about £40 then once released it went up to like £61. Same thing with the Thunder (JF17) tthat I recall was advertised at £50 and has since gone up to £61 now it has been released. Like many, I am all for saving on the pocket, particularly like with the JF17 being so new it only offered 20% off during the "Stay at Home Sale". What are the general thoughts.:helpsmilie:

Edited by RATTLER.

GOTCHA draconus. thx

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Great stuff, Burt. Looking forward to seeing you! The server is brand new and we're still adding content to it but its coming along and has some experienced pilots ready to help those who need it!

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

Awesome. I’ve only ever played single player, but I’ll check this out for sure.

Thanks for the support! Playing multiplayer is different to single player, especially because of the unpredictable nature of other pilots. However if you find the right group to play with, on the right server it can be fantastic.

We'll help you get setup and talk you through whatever you need to know, then its up to you what you do with that information.

Thanks,

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

aight. Although I find your lack of Hogs and Helicopters disturbing... ;D

Funny you should say that....

I got a message from a new joiner yesterday asking if we would be adding helicopters. Since he has was the only one showing interest I didn't see the point, but didn't rule it out in the future should demand rear its head for them to appear. So, if more people want helicopters represented i'll certainly add a section for them.

As for the A10 - i'm working on it ;)

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

The A10 section is now up and running.

While I'm here I would like to clarify this is not a clan. We don't have game servers to play on or anything like that. The discord should be considered a knowledge resource, nothing more :)

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

• 1 month later...
Because it's not released yet. 15 april!

I know I'm a little late... but...

It's "Early Access"... Not "released". Very different things.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It's "Early Access"... Not "released". Very different things.

Supercarrier is now released as early access in open beta - confused anyone? ;)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria