Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

I just add them manually whenever I receive.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

2 hours ago, Mistermann said:

I just add them manually whenever I receive.

How do you do that?

Disregard, I found out how..

Edited by Oban
found the answer
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Il 14/5/2021 at 18:25, Oban ha scritto:

So my character in DCS world just received an award, but it's not showing in my profile, even when I imported both the missions I just did.

Ground targets destroyed imported, but the award didn't

Hi Oban,

For DCS awards are not imported, data are only from mission logs.

Awards can be added manually through web interface.

Bye

• Like 1

1.jpg

10 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi Oban,

For DCS awards are not imported, data are only from mission logs.

Awards can be added manually through web interface.

Bye

Thanks sir,
I figured this out after I posted .

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

just a quick update for the next developments, I will soon release a version of the Logbook sync app with two new features, a really useful one and a "hidden" one.

Target definition in a sigle step

The first and visibile is a system to update unknown mission targets with a single step: once you input information about a missing target, all the other similar target in the log will be updated at once, I hope this feature could simplify a lot mission debriefings especially for WWII warbirds. This is ready fo the release.

Logbook award system prototype

Second and "hidden" one is far most complex; After the 2.7 I lost custom ingame U.S. Navy logbook together with earned awards. Also I find U.S.A.F. awards quite disappointing, I earned a Purple Heart after a common successful mission... 🤔 Well, nothing new and I also understand this is not a key point of the simulation and not so interesting for the vast majority of players. By the way I thought I can do something to improve this feature.

For anyone is totally not interested in this subject I remember I created an "Not defined" allegiance not related to any award or rank. Existing characters cannot be converted but if you need to revert to this abstract allegiance please let me know, I can change them manually.

What I'm conceiving is a embedded Logbook award system. 

IMHO main problem of simulations award systems is the evaluation methods, I can get an award if I kill a certain number of targets or if I fly a certain number of missions.

In real life awards were and are awarded mainly for acts of valor. For instance, I honestly think awarding MoH is should be virtually impossible for a post Vietnam fighter pilot.

Respectfully in all ways for real life heroes and after some researches I'm trying to give an evaluation of:

• Risk during a combat flight;
  • Number and level of menaces suppressed during a flight;

Analyzing log file I was able to create a prototype to have such estimators and the next release of the Logbook Sync App will contain this hidden feature in order to do some evaluations and eventually define ranges on actual awards at least for main allegiances:

• U.S. Navy
  • U.S.A.F. and U.S.A.A.F.
  • V.V.S. and Soviet V.V.S.
  • Luftwaffe for WWII

Other will come later and/or on request.

• Like 2

1.jpg

Thanks @Ansirial!  

What's the status on the leaderboards?  There's definitely some funny math going on - specifically on your Greenie Board leaderboard. 

image.png

Thanks

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

41 minuti fa, Mistermann ha scritto:

Thanks @Ansirial!  

What's the status on the leaderboards?  There's definitely some funny math going on - specifically on your Greenie Board leaderboard. 

image.png

Thanks

Hi Mistermann,

I'm working on... The problem is because the procedure I used to condense all the logic in a single query... It freezes to previouses results.

If you access right now you can find yourself in the first place.

If you access to your character statistics page (just for sure with an additional refresh) it will really update your results... It's not a solution.

Wrong... I'm near a solution...

I'm trying to rearrange the logic in order to make it work in any condition.

I will keep you informed.

Bye

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

53 minuti fa, Mistermann ha scritto:

Thanks @Ansirial!  

image.png

Thanks

Hi Mistermann I think I got it! Just published an hotfix, please let me know if you still experience the issue.

Thanks!

1.jpg

I'll check it out in my morning.  Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

@Ansirial - just want to say thanks for updating and maintaining this website.  I really enjoy having a separate place to log DCS flights.

I checked the leaderboard and it appears to be correct for my particular score. 

However, can you explain how you score Bolters and Wave-Offs? 

For instance, the #3 spot has an average score of 2.25, but has logged 9 Bolters and a Cut Pass.  

image.png

Similarly, position #7 has7 Wave-offs, 2 Bolters and a Cut Pass, yet has an average of 1.2

image.png

Maybe I don't follow the values your site applies to the different LSO grades.  My understanding of the LSO grading is as follows:

OK    = 5 Pts

OK    = 4 Pts

(OK)  = 3 Pts

---     = 2 Pts

B        = 0 Pts

WO    = 0 Pts   

C       = 0 Pts

Admittedly, I am a little fuzzy on how the Bolter/WO grades work since presumably you're going to come back around and trap.  IRL, do you get a second grade if you Bolter and come back around and get an OK?

Thanks Ansirial

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

12 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

@Ansirial - just want to say thanks for updating and maintaining this website.  I really enjoy having a separate place to log DCS flights.

For instance, the #3 spot has an average score of 2.25, but has logged 9 Bolters and a Cut Pass.  

image.png

Similarly, position #7 has7 Wave-offs, 2 Bolters and a Cut Pass, yet has an average of 1.2

image.png

Maybe I don't follow the values your site applies to the different LSO grades.  My understanding of the LSO grading is as follows:

OK    = 5 Pts

OK    = 4 Pts

(OK)  = 3 Pts

---     = 2 Pts

B        = 0 Pts

WO    = 0 Pts   

C       = 0 Pts

Admittedly, I am a little fuzzy on how the Bolter/WO grades work since presumably you're going to come back around and trap.  IRL, do you get a second grade if you Bolter and come back around and get an OK?

Thanks Ansirial

isn't it that each time you land counts as a sperate landing... so if you buolter you get 0 for that and if you OK then you get 5 for the second so the average across them both is 2.5

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

28 minuti fa, Mistermann ha scritto:

image.png

image.png

OK    = 5 Pts

OK    = 4 Pts

(OK)  = 3 Pts

---     = 2 Pts

B        = 0 Pts

WO    = 0 Pts   

C       = 0 Pts

Thanks Ansirial

Hi Mistermann,

Yes of course, first of all at the moment I'm applying this values:

OK -> 5
OK -> 4
(OK) -> 3
B -> 2,5
--- -> 2
OWO -> 2
WO -> 1
C -> 0
NC -> 0

These are values I find correct after some researches, but if we need to be changed in order to better respect reality this can be done very easily.

I'm really not sure about this evaluation table, I found some cases very different from each others.

By the way, using this table your your 2 examples will be:

9 Bolters + 1 Cut

((9 x 2.5) + (0 x 1)) / 10 = 2.25 

7 Waveoffs + 1 Cut + 2 Bolters

((7 x 1) + (0 x 1) + (2 x 2.5))/10 = 1.2

So using this evaluation method they are correct!

Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Bye

• Like 1

1.jpg

All good!  Thanks for checking into this, sir!!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Hi everybody!

I just released a quick update of the sync app in order to fix multi session logs parsing system.

I noticed they were not correctly parsed under some condition, now it should work a lot better.

Enjoy, bye

Edited by Ansirial
  • Like 1

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Il 26/6/2021 at 18:53, Survival ha scritto:

Hey @Ansirial!!

Is it possible to bind the Logbook Squadron Page to our own HP?

HI Survival, 

Yes, I thought to do this but I have no idea of what can be an interesting way to do that... A link, an iframe, what do you expect? 

Bye

1.jpg

Hi,

I have been getting this error. If there anyway to fix this ? Also attached the debrief logfile. 

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to Continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DCSLogbookSync.Models.LogFile.evaluateRisk(List`1 offences, String path, Player playerID)
   at DCSLogbookSync.Models.LogFile..ctor(String pathIn, Player playerID, Int32 charId, Int32 airId, Int32 enemies, Int32 tempStartingHourIn, Int32 tempStartingMinuteIn, Boolean trainingIn, Boolean importantIn, Boolean hideUndisclosed)
   at DCSLogbookSync.Form1.gotoStep2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DCSLogbookSync
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/DCSLogbookSync.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 8.0.20.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.20.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

debrief.log

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Il 10/7/2021 at 06:50, Norsegunar ha scritto:

Hi,

I have been getting this error. If there anyway to fix this ? Also attached the debrief logfile. 

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to Continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DCSLogbookSync.Models.LogFile.evaluateRisk(List`1 offences, String path, Player playerID)
   at DCSLogbookSync.Models.LogFile..ctor(String pathIn, Player playerID, Int32 charId, Int32 airId, Int32 enemies, Int32 tempStartingHourIn, Int32 tempStartingMinuteIn, Boolean trainingIn, Boolean importantIn, Boolean hideUndisclosed)
   at DCSLogbookSync.Form1.gotoStep2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DCSLogbookSync
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/DCSLogbookSync.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 8.0.20.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.20.0
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///F:/DCSLogbookSync/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

debrief.log 245 kB · 1 download

Hi Norsegunar,

Thanks a lot! I will check soon.

1.jpg

Hi Ansirial,

I'm back with some feature requests :

• The first one is related to the calendar ; do you think you could add an annual calendar to navigate more easely to previous months ?
  • The second request is related to the possibility to add a multicrew option when creating an entry, perhaps an option to activate like the training option you added ? With more and more modules able to host two players I'd like to have another statistic in that regard.
  • The third and last, is another option to an entry that allows us to indicate if the sortie has been flown by night. Again, I'd love to know how much time I spent in night ops.

Thank you again for your work and dedication.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Il 20/7/2021 at 09:37, tugais ha scritto:

Hi Ansirial,

I'm back with some feature requests :

• The first one is related to the calendar ; do you think you could add an annual calendar to navigate more easely to previous months ?
  • The second request is related to the possibility to add a multicrew option when creating an entry, perhaps an option to activate like the training option you added ? With more and more modules able to host two players I'd like to have another statistic in that regard.
  • The third and last, is another option to an entry that allows us to indicate if the sortie has been flown by night. Again, I'd love to know how much time I spent in night ops.

Thank you again for your work and dedication.

Hi tugais,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! I will keep them in mind, here few details/questions about:

- I thought to add something to simplify navigation especially because with a long series of event it became difficult;

- What do you mean for multicrew? Something related to multiple users for the F14 for instance?

- This one is very intesting. Adding it for a manual control it is very easy but I need also to make it compatible with the log parser. The problem is to understand when the sunset/sunrise is also beacuse we ignore the period of the year the mission is created. This wuld be very useful also to identify carrier landing cases.

Thanks again

1.jpg