Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Il 12/2/2022 at 09:11, tugais ha scritto:

Hi @Ansirial !

I was wondering if you could add a pop up window in the calendar page when your mouse fly over a flight to read the first few words of the "Notes" case. I use sometimes the Notes to record a particular event and/or the name of the mission flown.

Currently we have to click on each flight to open it on a new page and read the notes associated with it. It's a bit cumbersome when you try to find a specific flight among hundreds of entries.

Also, did you have a look at the possibility to add an option to mark a flight as a multicrew experience to count how many hours have been spent in a shared aircraft ? The Apache is a few weeks/months away and I surely would appreciate to track this stat when the module is released.

Thank you again for the work you've done on this project !

Hi Tugias,

About the roll over I will give a look.

About the multicrew, if I correctly remember it's only a flag, I will give a look soon.

Bye

Edited by Ansirial
  • Thanks 1

1.jpg

19 ore fa, skypickle ha scritto:

Thank you for this wonderful feature (Eagle Dynamics should buy you). Since there is a sizable population in DCS from Greece, Turkey and the middle east, could those languages be added to the user settings as well?

Hi Skypickle,

Added Greek and Turkish, do you need other languages?

Bye

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we could get a the F/A-18E and F for the few of us who use the Superbug Mod in DCS? Overall great program you have running though! I really enjoy how you made it able to differentiate over missions and training sorties.

Edited by Baby Doc
Added a bit

1793.jpg

6 ore fa, DocPollock ha scritto:

Any chance we could get a the F/A-18E and F for the few of us who use the Superbug Mod in DCS? Overall great program you have running though! I really enjoy how you made it able to differentiate over missions and training sorties.

Hi DocPollock, 

No problem, would you please list the planes you need?

Have a great day

• Thanks 1

1.jpg

I'm having a minor problem with the app. When I select a certain character profile to sync, the enemy alliance dropdown disappears, and the event times in the debrief go whacky. All my other character profiles sync okay.

4 ore fa, Nealius ha scritto:

I'm having a minor problem with the app. When I select a certain character profile to sync, the enemy alliance dropdown disappears, and the event times in the debrief go whacky. All my other character profiles sync okay.

Hi Neaulius,

It depend on the character you chose:

If his allegiance is undefined, the enemy allegiance disappear because it has no importance; I implemented this behavior especially for online play.

Have a great day

1.jpg

Hello @Ansirial,

Just a quick suggestion.

I have created a character with Marine Corps allegiance. However, I use to fly an Air Force plane. Fact is that I had given some specific AF award and unable to implement in my awards board. Is that possible to allow the characters to receive other awards, even foreign awards, than the first allegiance one?

43 minuti fa, DN308 ha scritto:

Hello @Ansirial,

Just a quick suggestion.

I have created a character with Marine Corps allegiance. However, I use to fly an Air Force plane. Fact is that I had given some specific AF award and unable to implement in my awards board. Is that possible to allow the characters to receive other awards, even foreign awards, than the first allegiance one?

Hi DN,

My idea of allegiance is to recall most realistically as possible both ranks and awards.

In order to fly both with Marines and AF best mode is to create 2 characters, in your case one for Marines and one for AF.

Then you can manage two careers in one. Statics and calendar per user are for this purpose.

Obviously if I miss, or you need, any foreign award for certain allegiance that is realistically awardable, please let me know. Cases like French legion of honor.

Have a great day

1.jpg

5 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi DN,

My idea of allegiance is to recall most realistically as possible both ranks and awards.

In order to fly both with Marines and AF best mode is to create 2 characters, in your case one for Marines and one for AF.

Then you can manage two careers in one. Statics and calendar per user are for this purpose.

Obviously if I miss, or you need, any foreign award for certain allegiance that is realistically awardable, please let me know. Cases like French legion of honor.

Have a great day

I understand and i must confess that i made the mystake to create an avatar of a marine corps pilot flying after for air force.

The french legion of honor is the good example as far as it’s given to many foreigners instead of french warriors.

10 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi Neaulius,

It depend on the character you chose:

If his allegiance is undefined, the enemy allegiance disappear because it has no importance; I implemented this behavior especially for online play.

Have a great day

Gotcha.

Weird thing is that the takeoff/landing/mission start times get all messed up, I think only with the Hind. I'll generate a new flight and post a debrief log. 

Edited by Nealius

Il 6/3/2022 at 00:10, DN308 ha scritto:

I understand and i must confess that i made the mystake to create an avatar of a marine corps pilot flying after for air force.

The french legion of honor is the good example as far as it’s given to many foreigners instead of french warriors.

Hi DN,

There are a lot, please let me know specific requrest, I will add them on the fly.

Il 6/3/2022 at 03:44, Nealius ha scritto:

Gotcha.

Weird thing is that the takeoff/landing/mission start times get all messed up, I think only with the Hind. I'll generate a new flight and post a debrief log. 

Hi Nealius,

Very strange would you please share with me a log file and let me know strange things you see?

Thanks,

Have a great day

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ansirial said:

Hi DN,

There are a lot, please let me know specific requrest, I will add them on the fly.

On a basis, when talking about foreign awards, IRL, warriors are sometimes awarded with medals from the country with which they are fighting or from the country they defended. But, IOT stick with the game system of awards, if it would be possible to increment medals from different allegiances we are playing with (for a same country be able to receive medals from Air Force, army, navy, USMC, could be a good thing). So it would be possible to play different missions in one module (I.e. UH60 that can be flown with the army, Air Force and navy), and still be able to be rewarded with different medals.

But, anyway, that’s not the most important. You’ve done a hell of a good job and that’s really great. Many thanks for that.

Another thing I went into is that if we replay a mission and stop it, the debrief.log don’t take the mission as flown. It’s just « opening, take off, not landed and failure ». That’s it... Two solutions then. Don’t input it in the calendar or refly the whole mission to have it took into account properly. Weird, but not sure you can do a lot to fix that.

Il 8/3/2022 at 12:23, DN308 ha scritto:

On a basis, when talking about foreign awards, IRL, warriors are sometimes awarded with medals from the country with which they are fighting or from the country they defended. But, IOT stick with the game system of awards, if it would be possible to increment medals from different allegiances we are playing with (for a same country be able to receive medals from Air Force, army, navy, USMC, could be a good thing). So it would be possible to play different missions in one module (I.e. UH60 that can be flown with the army, Air Force and navy), and still be able to be rewarded with different medals.

But, anyway, that’s not the most important. You’ve done a hell of a good job and that’s really great. Many thanks for that.

Another thing I went into is that if we replay a mission and stop it, the debrief.log don’t take the mission as flown. It’s just « opening, take off, not landed and failure ». That’s it... Two solutions then. Don’t input it in the calendar or refly the whole mission to have it took into account properly. Weird, but not sure you can do a lot to fix that.

Hi DN,

About awards I'm working on a automatic awards system... It means it will be able to assign awards automatically on a realistic eligibility.

Once done it will work a lot better than the one present in game (where Purple Heart is awarded on merit). This will be avalaible for the US forces then maybe for others; it is very complex to understand real awards system and represent it without the main structutures composing it, adding crossed awards between force will be a mess now 🙂.

About the last issue you reported I really don't understand what you are meaning for "replay a mission and stop it"... You can play a mission and pause it?

Have a great day

1.jpg

1 hour ago, Ansirial said:

Hi DN,

About awards I'm working on a automatic awards system... It means it will be able to assign awards automatically on a realistic eligibility.

Once done it will work a lot better than the one present in game (where Purple Heart is awarded on merit). This will be avalaible for the US forces then maybe for others; it is very complex to understand real awards system and represent it without the main structutures composing it, adding crossed awards between force will be a mess now 🙂.

About the last issue you reported I really don't understand what you are meaning for "replay a mission and stop it"... You can play a mission and pause it?

Have a great day

I mean that last day I try to replay a mission once finished. And because it was way too long to watch, I've stopped the replay. Then I went to your logbook .exe IOT increment my mission and the result was:

Mission started at 00:00, NOT landed at 00:59 (i.e.) and Failure. No result, no kill, not success mission. That's what I meant.

Concerning the award, no drama. I was just thinking about that because I currently play the excellent "Operation Persian Freedom"  and the main character (player) is an exchange RAF pilot serving in the US Air Force and the pilot can receive foreign (US) medals for his action and that can't be incremented in the logbook if I created a RAF character. You see?

A new request if you don't mind. I would need to increment some sorties on UH-60L (the mod).

I can't find it on the list.

Hey, and is that possible to include the Irian army as ENY allegiance?

Thanks

Edited by DN308

21 ore fa, DN308 ha scritto:

Me again...

Is your logbook will be update to work with the AH-64?

Thanks in advance

Hi DN,

Added both heli, Iran was already present, renamed it correctly.

Question of the replay is tricky, may I suggest to save debriefing before play the replay? Logbook sync can import saved debriefing too.

Have a great day

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome tool! My squadron is looking into using it, but we have a few questions. 

• Are LSO grades reliant on us calling into the ship?
  • Would it be possible to implement a currency system for squadrons? Could maybe make a customizable grid for squadrons to implement their own skills to be current and then a tracker if enabled for those skills on the squadron page so that we could track which skills need the most training?