Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

21 ore fa, Arew ha scritto:

Awesome tool! My squadron is looking into using it, but we have a few questions. 

• Are LSO grades reliant on us calling into the ship?
  • Would it be possible to implement a currency system for squadrons? Could maybe make a customizable grid for squadrons to implement their own skills to be current and then a tracker if enabled for those skills on the squadron page so that we could track which skills need the most training?

Hi Arew,

Thanks! What do you mean about LSO?

Currrency system for squadrons? Seems really interesting do you have some examples or can you please explain me what you mean?

I constantly develop new features so all can be done.

Have a great day

1.jpg

The LSO thing was an issue where I flew two sorties in one session but only got one grade, but I did the first one zip lip, and I think you need to call into the boat to get an LSO score from DCS.

Most IRL squadrons have currency systems for skills, night flying, BFM, A2G, BVR, tanking, etc.. So one squadron might have a requirement that you have to fly one night mission a week to stay current and be able to fly combat missions that require those skills.  You could have a page on the edit mission screen that lets us check the proper currency items and reset that items daily value back to 0. It would be cool if we could customize a list of currency items we as a squadron want to keep track of with maybe a section on the statistics page for the squadron showing something like:

AAR (10) BFM (10) Night (7) A2G (60)
Pilot 1 10 5 6 45
Pilot 2 5 11 3 10
Pilot 3 40 1 4 4

This would give squadrons data about what training needs to be done with any spare fuel they can squeeze into a flight. 

Another idea would be to have an organization level above squadron so we could link multiple squadrons together. 

Edited by Arew

Hi!

I just discovered this great website / tool but am not yet able to automatically bring my offline flights into the log.

Where may I find the parser, please?   Still, I found the parser: it's on the website in the profile / download section

Is there anything to be considered to automatically track the stats from DCS without a manual upload after each flight (online / offline)?

Many thanks in advance!!

Edited by Vettefan
Some information found / updated

Il 4/4/2022 at 20:59, Vettefan ha scritto:

Hi!

I just discovered this great website / tool but am not yet able to automatically bring my offline flights into the log.

Where may I find the parser, please?   Still, I found the parser: it's on the website in the profile / download section

Is there anything to be considered to automatically track the stats from DCS without a manual upload after each flight (online / offline)?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hi Vettefan,

In the future I don't exclude to implement a component integrated with DCS, but at the moment the sync app (or manual input) is the may way to fill logbook.

Have a great day

• Like 1

1.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, Ansirial said:

Hi DocPollock,

No problem! Done!

Have a great day

Hey,

I've been using the program for a few months now and I still have yet to find anything to complain about or suggest.

I was wondering if you could add in two more planes. They would be the Beechcraft T-6 Texan II, and the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.

Thanks in advance!

1793.jpg

21 ore fa, DocPollock ha scritto:

Hey,

I've been using the program for a few months now and I still have yet to find anything to complain about or suggest.

I was wondering if you could add in two more planes. They would be the Beechcraft T-6 Texan II, and the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Doc,

Sure, added the F22A, I don't know about the Texan, is it avalaible even as mod?

9 ore fa, Arew ha scritto:

Would it be possible to add F-14 RIO as well so we can split front-seat/back-seat time?

Hi Arew,

Added this option as additional planes, you should now find both F-14A & B with (RIO) option.

Have a great day

1.jpg

Hi Arew,
Added this option as additional planes, you should now find both F-14A & B with (RIO) option.
Have a great day

So the A-29B is a mod but with its similarity to the T-6, a skin has been made to make it look like a T-6. Also, it’s a great beginner aircraft and extremely easy to learn so it works great as a trainer.

1793.jpg

7 ore fa, DocPollock ha scritto:

So the A-29B is a mod but with its similarity to the T-6, a skin has been made to make it look like a T-6. Also, it’s a great beginner aircraft and extremely easy to learn so it works great as a trainer.

Hi Doc,

Great, done.

Have a great day

• Like 1

1.jpg

On 4/9/2022 at 2:33 PM, Ansirial said:

Hi Vettefan,

In the future I don't exclude to implement a component integrated with DCS, but at the moment the sync app (or manual input) is the may way to fill logbook.

Have a great day

Great, thank you so much for considering and for your kind answer.

• 1 month later...

Please confirm?

Assuming me (the Admin) creates each account within the Virtual Squadron, and each member uploads their own debrief.log?

Also, question for other users.  How do you handle users who keep forgetting to upload before open dcs and fly again?

The only problem I find with this awesome application is that I didn't find it sooner.

Edited by AG-51_Thud
Figured it out.

Il 25/5/2022 at 14:52, AG-51_Thud ha scritto:

Please confirm?

Assuming me (the Admin) creates each account within the Virtual Squadron, and each member uploads their own debrief.log?

Also, question for other users.  How do you handle users who keep forgetting to upload before open dcs and fly again?

The only problem I find with this awesome application is that I didn't find it sooner.

Hi AG-51,

The sync app is able to parse debriefing files too, so it's a good practice to save the debriefs after any flight.

If you have any question please feel free to ask,

Have a great day

1.jpg

Il 31/5/2022 at 22:07, AG-51_Thud ha scritto:

Thank you kindly.  We are posting weekly updates of our Greenie Board stats.

Please let me know if you are OK with how we posted to give you credit for your awesome work.

http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?topic=8356.msg69468#msg69468

HI Thud, 

Thanks a lot, that's great! 

I'm very happy you find it useful, I hope more squadrons will join. 

Have a great day, 

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Could we get an option to manually add LSO grades for using Airboss script or for online squadrons who use human LSOs? Also useful for Harrier+LHA. I tried the following steps to manually add it:

1. Upload debreif.log (no LSO score recorded)

2. Edit event info on logbook site

3. Add "LSO: GRADE: OK : WIRE# 3" after "LANDING" event

4. Save event

I also tried manually adding it to the debrief.log file itself, but the grade did not appear in my greenie board.

Edited by Nealius

Il 19/6/2022 at 14:38, Nealius ha scritto:

Could we get an option to manually add LSO grades for using Airboss script or for online squadrons who use human LSOs? Also useful for Harrier+LHA. I tried the following steps to manually add it:

1. Upload debreif.log (no LSO score recorded)

2. Edit event info on logbook site

3. Add "LSO: GRADE: OK : WIRE# 3" after "LANDING" event

4. Save event

I also tried manually adding it to the debrief.log file itself, but the grade did not appear in my greenie board.

Hi Nealius,

I explored this few months ago. This thing is quite tricky. In order to have a stable solution this would require a perfect formulation of the LSO Grade, otherwise an exception would be fired blocking all the web application.

If interested I developed for a squadron an integration for the csv files generated by Ops.Airboss, this was especially generated for them and, for any mission, it replaces existing LSO Grades with the one parsed from Ops.Airboss, the parser is not perfect because source from csv is quite irregular.

Il 20/6/2022 at 10:53, Vettefan ha scritto:

Hi,

Another question: Can we possibly download / dump our stats from the logbook into a e.g. csv or txt file?

Thanks!

Hi Vettefan,

Also this feature is in my time table, I would like to make every user potentially free from logbook itself, data, even if not privacy critical, are yours.

I hope to develop this feature someday in the near future.

Have a great day

• Like 2

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Il 9/7/2022 at 00:52, X0t_01 ha scritto:

Hi @Ansirial, I want to say I really like your job! - it let me track all my characters progress from other games apart from DCS. I have a question why some awards don`t load?. Have a great day.

Hi X0t,

Unfortunately DCS awards are a mess, they can be acquired only via logbook file, which is indipendent from mission log files; so I decided to let them manually managed in case of DCS.

Different is for IL2 career mode, in that case they are very accurate and included in the same log structure so the sync application works automatically in that case.

Let me add also it's a long time I'm working on an automated awards system integrated in my logbook, is a quite complicated thing, it needs a lot of work and I'm reading a lot of manuals air force and navy use to awards medals.

Have a great day 

• Like 1

1.jpg

Oh I see, DCS should make it easy for you to implement this features, one last question and I stop, is this normal (image)?  - images don`t load sometimes, that be ranks, or awards, is this a problem of my internet?. Thank you so much, and have a great day! .  null

image.png

2 minuti fa, X0t_01 ha scritto:

Oh I see, DCS should make it easy for you to implement this features, one last question and I stop, is this normal (image)?  - images don`t load sometimes, that be ranks, or awards, is this a problem of my internet?. Thank you so much, and have a great day! .  null

image.png

Hi X0t,

This is beacuse I didn't draw arts for all ranks and awards, yet.

If you play a specific side I will give it some priority in order to draw them before.

Have a great day,

• Like 1

1.jpg