Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Basically something that is cleaner than iframes so that squadrons can display the info on their site.

Yes I think it would be possible! But I don't have much knowledge about, do you have a couple of examples?

Even if not perfect I could understand best info to show.

Thanks

1.jpg

Hello, I just tested your tool, looks great!

One problem though, when importing data from a mission, I have to manually set the target type for all exept the first entry.

For a short mission with only 2 kills, there are 98 entries.

LdE2fdP.png

Hi Nirvi,

you see 98 entries because there are also hits, and firing with a gun this might happen.

By the way I found a walkaround to avoid this, I will try to implement this in the upcoming release.

1.jpg

I found a new issue.

When I start and land on Carrier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=240985&stc=1&d=1593108236

Hi Survival, I successfully tested many missions starting and landing on carrier, I fly mainly F/A18.

It might be something else, if you have the log file, can you share it with me? I would be able to reproduce the error in development environment.

Thanks

1.jpg

Still loving this, this debrief.log seems to be parsing individual guns hits, rather than "grouping" them so you have to update the target type for each round that hit?

debrief.log

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Oh sry.

I have delete it:music_whistling:

But next problem poped up:helpsmilie:

attachment.php?attachmentid=241089&stc=1&d=1593205854

Hi Survival,

I'm debugging from your file (very useful, thanks again).

By the way, I found the problem but it's strange.

Do you remember the hour of the day you started the mission?

Knowing this would help a lot!

1.jpg

Still loving this, this debrief.log seems to be parsing individual guns hits, rather than "grouping" them so you have to update the target type for each round that hit?

Hi Speed of Heat,

I verified from your file, I found a little problem: from the log it is not possible to distinguish hit of missiles from guns.

It would be quite easy to group events, I do same thing for refueling, but if I manage to group hits too missiles hits cannot be recorded.

To fix, I added a lot of target suggestion, it means you shoudn't have to classify all the targets because, for example, FW190 are now automatically recorded as "Air".

App implements a system to suggest classification, this is managed via db, so continuing to destroy different types of targets they would be slowly recognized.

Please let me know if you find your next logs easier.

If not I will think another solution.

1.jpg

So I am having a similar issue to Survival. I tried to sync my mission last night but there were over 600 events that all wanted me to assign a target type. It would take me few hours to do that many.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

So I am having a similar issue to Survival. I tried to sync my mission last night but there were over 600 events that all wanted me to assign a target type. It would take me few hours to do that many.

I can add a couple of options in the first step:

- Group hits option

- Show/Hide hits

Basing on the mission these option could be enabled or disabled.

Can be an idea?

1.jpg

Maybe... what about grouping by the Target Mission ID, that way it should be a straight association to the target?

Edited by speed-of-heat
got the term wrong!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Hi Survival,

I'm debugging from your file (very useful, thanks again).

By the way, I found the problem but it's strange.

Do you remember the hour of the day you started the mission?

Knowing this would help a lot!

No sry. Can´t remember. I fly to much^^

Maybe... what about grouping by the Target Mission ID, that way it should be a straight association to the target?

If you fire and hit with two AIM120 to the same target, in this manner they can be merged in one.

Don't you think create an option to to so or not would be the best way?

1.jpg

I can add a couple of options in the first step:

- Group hits option

- Show/Hide hits

Basing on the mission these option could be enabled or disabled.

Can be an idea?

That could be a good option.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

If you fire and hit with two AIM120 to the same target, in this manner they can be merged in one.

Don't you think create an option to to so or not would be the best way?

i think a case for guns could be dealt with separately ... I don't carry enough missiles to mind tracking them individually :)

i think a case for guns could be dealt with separately ... I don't carry enough missiles to mind tracking them individually :)

Problem is that from logs I cannot distinguish gun from missiles...

Using only name would be too much complicated for support new guns or new missiles in the sim

1.jpg

ah the only way to to do that would be to create a table of "gun ammo types", and then cross reference it ... got it ... is there not a lua file which would have that info in it ?

another way of looking at it would be this, if there are more than 10 of them of the same type at the same target its likely to be a gun?

Hi everybody, I just released an update, now multiple hits are aggregated.

If you hit same thing more than 10 times, in the log record became 1.

You can find updated link in the first post.

Let me know if this helps with gunfire hits.

1.jpg

Hi Ansirial,

Thank you for the continuous support of Logbook, it's great to see it grow. I have a question regarding the informations logged. Do you think you could add an additional entry to specify the aircraft flown on a sortie and perhaps a way to know how many hours has been spent with a particular plane or helicopter ?

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Hi everybody, I just released an update, now multiple hits are aggregated.

If you hit same thing more than 10 times, in the log record became 1.

You can find updated link in the first post.

Let me know if this helps with gunfire hits.

Yep that works really well!