Rift-S, Is it possible to adjust axis like on picture?

Wexler

Hello,

I would like to set up my axis so, When I look more upwards in real, in game I would actually look straight. At the moment, I have neck pains, because when looking straight or on gauges I have very un-ergonomical position with my head.

I am always setting up my camera when enter airplane, but this axis i didnt found out how to adjust. It would help me very much.

Is it set-able in general configuration of Headset or maybe in game?

Thank you for advices.

Wexler

Edit: Sorry for picture rotation. Cant manage to have it correct.

Edit2: Problem for un-ergonomical position starts, when I am setting my Rift-S on my head with relation to have the best "sweet-spot". I have that strange feelings since I switched from Rift to Rift-S. Probably figured it out now with that damn sweet-spot forcing me to have the Rift-S facing upwards on my head, meaning I have to face downwards to see straight. (An almost looking into my stomach position when looking on left/right horizontal panels).

CCF_000009.thumb.jpg.a878ede22d06947daa56d03a98968442.jpg

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I too have been looking for a "tilt" feature, for my HP Reverb.

Flying the F-16C in VR just doesn't work for me. I'm pretty sure it is due to head position.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

You would be able to adjust the seating/angle position in Oculus Home, no?

You have a reset position there.

X570 Aorus Pro Wifi - Ryzen 3700X - 32Gb GSkill 3600Mhz - Gigabyte RTX2080 Super Windforce - Lian Li Dynamic - Oculus Rift

you only defining height and where is forward, everything else is automatically.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I can see what you mean, and I don't feel it is a big problem for me &my rift cv1 but I could imagine this angle needs to be adjusted in some cases.

However I have no idea if it is easily feasible. Control for viewangle are disabled in DCS VR :/

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Go to "UI Layer" in controls (top left drop down list where all the planes are enumerated) and define a center view in VR there. Then go back in game... press that button while looking a bit up or how you prefer then all set.

You can add there a zoom and sniper zoom buttons too.

Just make sure you don't overlap them with something else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Go to "UI Layer" in controls (top left drop down list where all the planes are enumerated) and define a center view in VR there.

The "UI Layer > recenter VR Headset" option appears to do the same as "View Center" option (aircraft specific and general dropdowns).

This adjusts forward, backward, left, right, up and down. It doesn't adjust head angle/tilt, at least on my system/version/aircraft.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Go to "UI Layer" in controls (top left drop down list where all the planes are enumerated) and define a center view in VR there. Then go back in game... press that button while looking a bit up or how you prefer then all set.

Thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately, this only consider from your head position where is forward and height. (2 axis) same as in oculus home settings. I am setting this every time I enter the airframe by buttons anyway (mostly how far or close I sit in game). But there is currently not the settings for axis which could make me look in to the ceiling an in VR see forward.

Ah, then as Dunx said you have to first save your "snap view center". I can't remember it by heart but you have to start DCS (usually without VR so you remove variables) jump into a cockpit on a static plane... on ground for example and then move the head around with the keyboard controls up down left right tilt up and down etc until you are fine with it then press the command for save snap view.

Then test in VR. Repeat after testing until you achieve the desired position.

In DCS I am ok but I did this in IL-2 GB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can imagine you can accomplish this with oculus rift with 1 base station. Start vr then lower the base station and tilt it up so your ingame floor would be tilt down in real life.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27