Small suggestion to this campaign?

Ive had 2 engagements with scored hits on a severely damaged opponent flee the training area while on fire. The F-14 in particular likes to accellerate out of the training area and makes it almost impossible to count as a kill, and had similar issues with the Mig-29. Can these units be made scripted as to count as a kill if the aircraft is no longer serviceable? I mean I had these aircraft dead to rights AND ON FIRE but couldnt catch up to them when time ran out...and the major was very...VERY upset.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Thanks for the feedback!

When designing the missions we debated on having damage be considered a kill but it opened up too many different possible use cases that would be difficult to code.

For example a damaged unit can still be lethal if you get in front of him (overshoot). Likewise you still want to be in the fight if your wing takes a few bullet holes.

The mission editor only has unit damaged and unit dead trigger conditions that are either on or off.

If someday ED adds a percent damaged trigger to a unit then we could leverage that and dial in the kill success value at say 80% damaged or similar.

So unfortunately for now you do have to actually kill the target within the vul period to register a kill.

Hopefully the AI improves over time so that a damaged aircraft can't accelerate away from the fight (as it would be too damaged).

We will keep monitoring the mission editor triggers and implement changes if it becomes possible to make the kill determination better.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

How about a trigger that activates after the fights on is called if any fighter leaves the engagement zone? If the damaged fighter just RTBs and accelerates out of bounds, then that can be counted as a victory condition. I know nothing of script writing, so not sure if thats a logical idea or not.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...

What bothers me most is the long flight to the combat zone and back to base. It is nothing but boring. The time you spend fighting is way too short compared to the time you spend getting there.

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

Thats what Lctrl Z and Lctrl x are for.

My wallpaper and skins