F-16D Multicrew

ebabil

I am not sure but i guess F-16D's back seat doesn't have any additional system, equipment that front seat doesn't have. So it couldn't be so hard to duplicate some of the instruments at the back. It would be good to have an experienced pilot in the back for learners like me. And also it would be fun. Lastly, this model looks gorgeous

a9e416a83c277d75eea08d71ddfb84d9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think you will not see such variants in the near future. Your own explanation basically excludes it from the list. More work for less outcome. same controls, no plus function, different cockpit to create, different FM to build... No... :)

I like the delta winged F16. The XL :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think you will not see such variants in the near future. Your own explanation basically excludes it from the list. More work for less outcome. same controls, no plus function, different cockpit to create, different FM to build... No... :)

I like the delta winged F16. The XL :D

In my opinion, they can make D variant and sell it for full price for non C owners. C owners can get a big discount so no effort would be wasted. Besides they don't have to create it from the scratch

• Like 3

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

• 11 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:14 AM, ebabil said:

In my opinion, they can make D variant and sell it for full price for non C owners. C owners can get a big discount so no effort would be wasted. Besides they don't have to create it from the scratch

Why not just make the D as part of the F-16 module? You get both the C and the D. D for multicrew or training flights. I see nothing wrong

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

ın our virtual squadron, we are receiving bvr and other trainings from the experienced virtual pilots. we need to share screen on discord to show how we are reacting, manuevering etc. if they were in the back seat it would be much effective i beleive. this will apply to also AG training, dogfight, AAR, navigation, landing etc..

There is an entertainment aspect as well;  I also have f14 and i enjoy sharing the pit with my friends too much. multicrew is an absolute game changer.

message-editor%252F1522272807972-jadjad9

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 5

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

+1000

Like @ebabil said, it would greatly improve our ability to train newer pilots in DCS. Modelling an F-16DM-50 wouldn't require too much work comparatively speaking. A modified external model, added rear cockpit and some slight modification to the flight model. For all the different DCS communities that focus solely on teaching people how to fly rather than fighting competitively it would revolutionize their ability to effectively train new pilots in more complex subjects. Even though I'd be more than willing to pay for it, I think it'd repay itself in increased F-16 sales and the F-16 would become a natural starting place for aspiring virtual pilots coming to DCS.

Just imagine the possibility of taking potential DCS customers along for an actual combat mission during a free weekend. That's impossible at the moment as all we have is the F-14 and that requires a competent RIO to be combat effective at all. And sure, you could record a video instead but it's not the same as actually being there in the heat of battle... 😊

• Like 5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

On 4/9/2020 at 10:23 AM, zaelu said:

I think you will not see such variants in the near future. Your own explanation basically excludes it from the list. More work for less outcome. same controls, no plus function, different cockpit to create, different FM to build... No... 🙂

I like the delta winged F16. The XL 😄

No outcome? It would make it easier for people to teach and test others

• Like 2

While we're at it, why not have one or more 'systems' slot in the loadout screen? Like, if I'm flying my Falcon to a new base, and need as much gas as possible, and have no tanker support from point A to B, having the CFTs to boost the range a bit along with the drop tanks would help immensely. On top of that, having the CFTs for missions requiring me to bring lots of boom, plus a jamming pod, and no room for a drop-tank, and again, no tanker support. It'd just be nice to have more options available than just one version of the aircraft, and no modifications to be made. I mean, if Heatblur can make 4 different versions of the F-14 (A, A-Late, B, and Iranian), and ED can make 3 different versions of the Mig29 or two different L39s in one package, I don't see an issue with them making an F-16D as well as the C.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all of you guys that said YES ! I also SAY YES an F16D is a must as this will allow to expand capability of training and recruiting new pilots for squadrons also allowing new pilots to understand system and basic BFM, the case of scenario is straight forward as main/front seat pilot I always can take over controls of aircraft and show to the student how and what must be done and in some very important moments of BFM no to mention two heads think better than one!

GIB US F16 D! Finally ED pls guys! 

some cool pics : https://line.17qq.com/articles/omnlokdcv.html

Photo : Lockheed Martin F-16D 2007 cicra 

Lockheed_Martin_F-16DJ_Fighting_Falcon%2

photo_9999_62112.jpg

Edited by STNGersk
  • Like 2

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

17 hours ago, Furiz said:

Kinda empty in the back there, you sure it wouldn't happen in game too?

I can only speak for myself and those that I fly with, but the F-16D would increase our combat capability a lot. It would give us the perfect platform for SCAR, FAC(A), mission commander, etc. Those roles could also be performed by platforms like the F-15E or the F/A-18D/F but we don't have those in DCS unfortunately. And as I mentioned previously, our efficiency in training new pilots would increase by magnitudes. Trying to teach someone something advanced and avionics heavy is a PITA at the moment as we either have to do it as their wingman or via a stream of some sort. Neither is nearly as efficient as actually being there in the pit.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I can only speak for myself and those that I fly with, but the F-16D would increase our combat capability a lot. It would give us the perfect platform for SCAR, FAC(A), mission commander, etc. Those roles could also be performed by platforms like the F-15E or the F/A-18D/F but we don't have those in DCS unfortunately. And as I mentioned previously, our efficiency in training new pilots would increase by magnitudes. Trying to teach someone something advanced and avionics heavy is a PITA at the moment as we either have to do it as their wingman or via a stream of some sort. Neither is nearly as efficient as actually being there in the pit.
We do, however, have the mighty F-14 in game. It's a very good SCAR/FAC(A) platform.

But sure, I can imagine having fun with an F-16D too.

2 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

It would be useful no doubt, but the teaching can also be achieved through Discord streaming so I think modeling 2 seat variants is something to be considered for later on, atm there are more pressing matters within the sim to be adressed.

And we also don't have an F-16D...
ED is modeling a very specific aircraft for both the 18 and 16, Delta models are completely different, it would be a ton of work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 3:20 PM, Katj said:

We do, however, have the mighty F-14 in game. It's a very good SCAR/FAC(A) platform.

But sure, I can imagine having fun with an F-16D too.

The F-14 is a decent SCAR/FAC(A) platform, but I wouldn't call it "very good". It has antiquated link functionality, different functions in different cockpits reducing the ability to share the workload between pilot and WSO and antiquated avionics giving poorer situational awareness in general. That's the strengths of aircraft like the F-15E, F-16D and F/A-18D/F, that pilots and WSO's can share workloads and they also have advanced avionics and datalink functionality giving them amazing SA which increases their ability to coordinate.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, Furiz said:

It would be useful no doubt, but the teaching can also be achieved through Discord streaming so I think modeling 2 seat variants is something to be considered for later on, atm there are more pressing matters within the sim to be adressed.

I can teach my children to ride a bicycle through a discord stream too. It's still not as effective as being there. If I'm actually in the cockpit myself, I can look at information I need to look at when I need to look at it in order to help the trainee, rather than telling him to "look at that thing. no, not that thing. below that, yeah. zoom in a little. yeah, thanks", then he looks back and he's flying through a forest somewhere.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Hulkbust44 said:

And we also don't have an F-16D...
ED is modeling a very specific aircraft for both the 18 and 16, Delta models are completely different, it would be a ton of work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They're not completely different.

Edited by WHOGX5

DCS Wishlist:

The F-14 is a decent SCAR/FAC(A) platform, but I wouldn't call it "very good". It has antiquated link functionality, different functions in different cockpits reducing the ability to share the workload between pilot and WSO and antiquated avionics giving poorer situational awareness in general. That's the strengths of aircraft like the F-15E, F-16D and F/A-18D/F, that pilots and WSO's can share workloads and they also have advanced avionics and datalink functionality giving them amazing SA which increases their ability to coordinate.
Well, it does allow you to share the workload, which the F-16C, F/A-18C, A-10C, etc. doesn't. But sure, there are restrictions in how you share because of what functions are available in the front and back.

The airframe itself is pretty well suited as it fits two guys and it's designed to be able to loiter for a good while. That's what I meant when I said it's a good platform. The F-14D would of course be better suited for the role, with improved avionics and link 16, but that's just a DCS dream at this stage, just like the F-15E.

Still, of all the aircraft in DCS today, my opinion is that the F-14 is the best at SCAR/FAC(A).

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have an F-16D, it would.
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 2:55 AM, WHOGX5 said:

I can teach my children to ride a bicycle through a discord stream too. It's still not as effective as being there. If I'm actually in the cockpit myself, I can look at information I need to look at when I need to look at it in order to help the trainee, rather than telling him to "look at that thing. no, not that thing. below that, yeah. zoom in a little. yeah, thanks", then he looks back and he's flying through a forest somewhere.

"Now turn to the left.... no... NO.... YOUR OTHER LEFT!"

And in training mode the instructor can also 'shut off' certain systems so that the trainee has to work without them. For example "Oh no, we took a hit and our flaps won't come down, and that hit also damaged a fuel line (kills the engine), good thing you're lined up for the runway already... oh no (takes control) we're drifting to the left..." Would it be annoying? Yes. But if you're playing in a campaign like I'm running (where you better bring that plane back or you're paying for a replacement), you'll come to value that training, which is something that can currently only be done in the L-39 if I understand correctly.

Yeah, the fact we can properly train a rookie pilot in the same frame would be immensely useful, and I'm surprised ED hasn't started work on such frames. Although if they have and they've been hush hush about it, I can understand.

• Thanks 1

I'm not for or against this idea; I'm just not sure a model of an aircraft we have already is the answer.  I think a more generic trainer like the T-2 or T-45 would be more suitable, and bring more variety of aircraft into DCS.

Upgrade model similar to A-10C II, yes why not.

Multicrew multiplayer campaign is an awesome idea. Imagine something similar to Raven One with your buddy on front/back. Maybe change seats in every other mission, or try again same mission with seats exchanged. Creme de la creme.

F-16 is a very capable aircraft and things happen fast in combat. Usually I tend to ignore flight controls while fiddling with TGP and mavericks. I believe it will be as much fun as the F-14. The most widely used western modern aircraft. Training sessions with squadron mates would be fantastic.

+1 for D model.

• Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]