FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

3 hours ago, rkk01 said:

some indication or timestamp of where you get that impression (or a short summary of what is discussed)  would be useful in a 1:12 chunk of audio with pretty poor fidelity...

Needy? Me?  Oh hell yes. Very

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

6 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

some indication or timestamp of where you get that impression (or a short summary of what is discussed)  would be useful in a 1:12 chunk of audio with pretty poor fidelity...

Needy? Me?  Oh hell yes. Very

I’d have to listen through again 🙄

first Q after the intros is “when”… I interpreted response as “soon”… actual Raz response was that they were selecting the build for submission to ED

Despite being audio only, if is worth listening through - covers assets likely to come with the map, possible (commercially undecided) standalone asset pack, AI aircraft and timing of potential full flyable modules 

In particular, the discussion of flyable modules confirms that it is UK Security Classification around the Blue Vixen radar that has stalled the Sea Harrier FRS.1, although it sounds like we may get a flyable GR.3…!

(Apparently the AV8B NA was initially planned as a GR.5 or GR.7…!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

first Q after the intros is “when”… I interpreted response as “soon”… actual Raz response was that they were selecting the build for submission to ED

Despite being audio only, if is worth listening through - covers assets likely to come with the map, possible (commercially undecided) standalone asset pack, AI aircraft and timing of potential full flyable modules 

In particular, the discussion of flyable modules confirms that it is UK Security Classification around the Blue Vixen radar that has stalled the Sea Harrier FRS.1, although it sounds like we may get a flyable GR.3…!

Thanks @rkk01

Oh for a lesser spotted bottle nosed harrier!!

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I listened to the 75-minute podcast that with the Razbam developers. They discussed the South Atlantic map, which us also called the Falkland Islands map. 

Razbam gave some new information, which piqued my interest. They have a virtual map that will take approximately 68 GB space on a hard drive. Additionally, the map represents approximately 3 million square miles. For comparison, the US is approximately 3.8 million square miles. It is on par with the Syria map. They tried something with their ships. They placed the ships in one corner to reach another corner of the map. The ships ran out of fuel.

I learned the the developers will allow people to pick different seasons. The end-users can select a range of temperatures for the season.

Razbam did not give a specific release date. They said release date in 2022. Yet they hinted that EA was testing the South Atlanta map.  No release date given for the F-15.

In the meantime, we must wait until EA and Razbam decide the South Atlantic map is ready for Early Access release. 

The falkland islands map is on my wish list.

MFT

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 ore fa, rkk01 ha scritto:

Didn't the Blue Vixen equipped ony the F(A).2 variants? The original FRS.1 of the 1978 shouldn't be a problem as far as i know

something that caught my attention was how he mentioned the map was 3.2 MILLION square kilometers. I know google earth isn't the best tool to find distances but here is a picture of what 3.2 million km looks like. Both the circle and the square is roughly 3.2 million km. I would love to see what areas are actually covered by the map! this would make our long range aircraft struggle to fly peak to peak.

South Atlantic google earth.png

• Like 3

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

2 hours ago, SilentGun said:

something that caught my attention was how he mentioned the map was 3.2 MILLION square kilometers. I know google earth isn't the best tool to find distances but here is a picture of what 3.2 million km looks like. Both the circle and the square is roughly 3.2 million km. I would love to see what areas are actually covered by the map! this would make our long range aircraft struggle to fly peak to peak.

South Atlantic google earth.png

I'm guessing the map is shifted more to the west, so less empty sea to the east of the Falklands and  more of Chile instead 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I think it will be more something like this (I hope so actually):

unknown.png

They say the map is currently at almost 70GB big (same as Siria) but they still expect to add additinal 10GB for textues. Really looking forward to it.

Edited by skywalker22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

I think it will be more something like this (I hope so actually):

unknown.png

They say the map is currently at almost 70GB big (same as Siria) but they still expect to add additinal 10GB for textues. Really looking forward to it.

Still 10gig of textures left to do? That sounds like tha map is at least 6 months away.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Breathtaking. I explored that part on MSFS2020 and it was stunning. These guys are setting a new standard for DCS.

Edited by Dex0
  • Like 3

HTC Vive Pro/ Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz/ 32GB RAM/ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/

On 4/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, rkk01 said:

Yes, Blue Fox = FRS.1

Blue Vixen = FA2

Was just going on what I remember from the audio…(Blue Vixen is referenced at circa 19:40)

either way, blocked by UK MOD security classification

The real irony being that from pilot’s accounts Blue Fox was so bad it was almost useless… It’s capabilities make it sound like a WW2 era system, If it was modelled as was in 1982 people would go crazy wanting re-funds 🤨

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mogster said:

The real irony being that from pilot’s accounts Blue Fox was so bad it was almost useless… It’s capabilities make it sound like a WW2 era system, If it was modelled as was in 1982 people would go crazy wanting re-funds 🤨

From what I’ve read it depended on what squadron made the reports 

Seems like Hermes’ pilots didn’t work out how to use the Shar’s A2A capability, especially Blue Fox…

whereas Sharkey Ward’s squadron on Invincible perfected Shar A2A tactics (pre Falklands) and did very well

either way c’mon Raz get the FRS.1 done… I’m sure there are some “assumptions” on the other modern units

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Dex0 said:

Breathtaking. I explored that part on MSFS2020 and it was stunning. These guys are setting a new standard for DCS.

Syria taught me to avoid delighted squeeling until the map lands (Im referring to me "squeeling" not having a dig at anyone else). That map set new standards - they just wernt always good ones and they never seemed to resolve. Im thankful this is from the Razbam stable. 

Despite the issues with Razbam modules that Ive lived with over the years, they have a "feel" that many other modules just dont have. I hope that magic translates into the map as well. From the video its seems that it might but I trust previews as much as I trust RT.

Edited by Boosterdog