FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

9 minutes ago, ApacheLongbow said:

You can clone from one to the other.

Sounds like that will cause performance issues. I've found moving stuff from one place to another often makes things behave worse.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Yeah I could buy a 1TB. But that means new windows install.

yes, on my case I took the opportunity and gave Windows 11 a chance ... so far, not impressed with it, I should have stayed on Windows 10 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, schurem said:

Thing still needs more testing?

I'm not anxious at all .. still have other seven Maps to fly on .. any delay just gives us more time to save $$ for purchasing it. 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@rkk01 I was hoping the south Atlantic map would be available by the end of May. It would be a great time to play in the new virtual world during the memorial day weekend. 

MFT

Maybe more we will know this Friday.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@rkk01 I was hoping the south Atlantic map would be available by the end of May. It would be a great time to play in the new virtual world during the memorial day weekend. 

MFT

I also thought it was about to drop, but wasn’t part of yesterday’s open beta update.

Usually after an update the post is changed to “next update - TBA” (or similar) yesterday’s post is “next update - June”…

…. so perhaps the map will be released for the 40th anniversary of the end of the conflict

3 hours ago, rkk01 said:

I also thought it was about to drop, but wasn’t part of yesterday’s open beta update.

Usually after an update the post is changed to “next update - TBA” (or similar) yesterday’s post is “next update - June”…

…. so perhaps the map will be released for the 40th anniversary of the end of the conflict

That's actually a good idea, it is entirely possible that they opt to wait for the anniversary of the conflict's end. Either way- I hope it comes soon, fingers crossed.

@Raz_Specter In response to your Thoughts and Ideas question about map size...

Eye candy! It's all about beautiful gorgeous delicious eye candy. That's what maps are for. Anyone can make a small download size map of a million square kilometers of **** looking flat desert, but what fun is that?  If you have a ginormous map of mountains and rivers with high quality textures, bring it my brother. I, like many others, have a good sized fast dedicated drive for our planes and choppers, and if you have the map, we'll make the space.

Don't hold back, give us the best you got... please.  :drinks_cheers:

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

4 hours ago, Beirut said:

@Raz_Specter In response to your Thoughts and Ideas question about map size...

Eye candy! It's all about beautiful gorgeous delicious eye candy. That's what maps are for. Anyone can make a small download size map of a million square kilometers of **** looking flat desert, but what fun is that?  If you have a ginormous map of mountains and rivers with high quality textures, bring it my brother. I, like many others, have a good sized fast dedicated drive for our planes and choppers, and if you have the map, we'll make the space.

Don't hold back, give us the best you got... please.  :drinks_cheers:

The same! Really in 2022 someone thinks about the disc space due costs of resolution quality? 😴

We dont also talk about difference between 0 and 80Gb but betweet 60 vs 80 perhaps. If the problem is this 20Gb, sorry, buy the new disc and sell you old on ebay for example! The other way is possibility to have two option for download textures but personally I prefer max resolution as possible. The next map for DCS will be perhaps in 2024 (maybe in the 2H of 2023) so sorry, once in a few years I can buy, download and find a space for 150Gb map. :clap_2:Luckily I see that the second option in inqiury wins till now with big advanatge. Ufff!

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

The same! Really in 2022 someone thinks about the disc space due costs of resolution quality? 😴

We dont also talk about difference between 0 and 80Gb but betweet 60 vs 80 perhaps. If the problem is this 20Gb, sorry, buy the new disc and sell you old on ebay for example! The other way is possibility to have two option for download textures but personally I prefer max resolution as possible. The next map for DCS will be perhaps in 2024 (maybe in the 2H of 2023) so sorry, once in a few years I can buy, download and find a space for 150Gb map. :clap_2:Luckily I see that the second option in inqiury wins till now with big advanatge. Ufff!

Amen!

I like the idea of a choice of map download sizes, though someone is bound to 😭 about how it will split the MP community, because one server will have the small map and another server will have the big map. Yeah, couldn't possibly care less.

Big map, biggest possible, best possible.... please. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I am so stoked for the south Atlantic map. I did not know razbam used 3-d satellite images for the map. In turn, I say, "Wow!!"  The HMS Invincible is a catalyst for many future missions and campaigns.  For the finished product, I wonder how much it will cost. 

MFT

6 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

The south Atlantic map is approximately 3.3 million square miles.  For a real-world comparison, the United States is approximately 3.8 million square miles.  Large hard drives or SSDs are needed for the upcoming map.

MFT

I thought is 412,800 sq nautical miles ( 1.415.864 square kilometer )

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/02/22/new-dcs-south-atlantic-map-image-shows-scale-scope/#:~:text=Bigger and with more possibilities&text=We have managed to get,now 412%2C800 sq nautical miles.

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

9 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

The south Atlantic map is approximately 3.3 million square miles.  For a real-world comparison, the United States is approximately 3.8 million square miles.  Large hard drives or SSDs are needed for the upcoming map.

MFT

The biggest USA part isnt a sea 😉 so you cant compare this map to map of USA, this map looks like PG map for me:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

56 minutes ago, 72Stu said:

It looks amazing from high altitude...

I'd love to see some gfx of low level terrain flying, as that's where most flying will be done.

Yep. I have feeling that this map is for fighter jets mostly :wavetowel:but Id like to see more from low level too. I fell in love with Apache (also Im fan of CAS flying, often I fly quite low, rarely exceeding 12k ft) and I would like to ask for such videos - what trees, buildings etc look like and so on (but outside airports and the surrounding area pretty please, the airports are definitely nicely done, but what is outside?). In these films, for example, you can't see many trees from a high altitude, somewhere in the background, I don't know if they are even. 😉

For example, here we have green areas:

35O1g11.jpg

oLj9DMB.jpg

FO2nR8P.jpg

so we have any vegetation here (except automatic grass, so like bushes, trees, autogen for small buildings if they are present in this area), or those are photo textures only? Id like know too. 😀

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Looks fantastic, cannot wait

Will be an awesome Cold War map…

All those mountains and valleys really do need a Tornado and a Jaguar to tear down through on a low level strike🙂

And the fjords are going to see a lot of Mossie strike wing action👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Yep. I have feeling that this map is for fighter jets mostly :wavetowel:but Id like to see more from low level too. I fell in love with Apache (also Im fan of CAS flying, often I fly quite low, rarely exceeding 12k ft) and I would like to ask for such videos - what trees, buildings etc look like and so on (but outside airports and the surrounding area pretty please, the airports are definitely nicely done, but what is outside?). In these films, for example, you can't see many trees from a high altitude, somewhere in the background, I don't know if they are even. 

Some of the textures looked a little janky when low down which makes me hesitate. We all know how even new sims terrain can look like hot dog mess when at low altitude.

Hopefully it was youtube compression but time will tell. 

Edited by 72Stu
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 72Stu said:

Some of the textures looked a little janky when low down which makes me hesitate. We all know how even new sims terrain can look like hot dog mess when at low altitude.

Hopefully it was youtube compression but time will tell. 

Maybe it is the "depth" graffics effect from DCS (foreground sharp, back blurred), I dont know.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif