FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

For Additional sheep, to place where you wish, see here,

Screen-220614-080415.png

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 6/15/2022 at 12:28 PM, YoYo said:

Expect an invasion. :smilewink: (btw. WIP but good eye!)

Opsoberania.png

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 1:09 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Strange that the internal name of the Map is not "South Atlantic", but "Falklands" 😇

I get the impression that the map was intended from its inception to support 1982 content from Razbam. I have to say, what’s the point of it otherwise? That’s certainly how it appeared from the Ron Zambrano interview on the podcast. Zambrano loves the Harrier and RN Harriers in particular. The in game Harrier was intended to be a GR7 + RN carrier but it didn’t work out.

It seems the 1982 content especially the SHAR has proved more difficult to realise than RAZBAM expected. Unfortunately the UK is famously cagey about details of its military hardware, even stuff that is 40 years old…

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 7:36 PM, QuiGon said:

Opsoberania.png

Having been to Santiago earlier this year, I'm wondering how the Argentinians planned to make it into the Santiago basin. The mountain-range just east of the city rises steeply to a height on average above 3000m MSL, with Cerro el Plomo reaching almost 5500m MSL. Valpariso is a 2h bus ride from Santiago, over another, lower mountain range with few passageways, so it's ideal ambush-country.

Call me a pessimist, but I think the probability of success would have been less than their Malvinas/ Falklands adventure.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

26 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Having been to Santiago earlier this year, I'm wondering how the Argentinians planned to make it into the Santiago basin. The mountain-range just east of the city rises steeply to a height on average above 3000m MSL, with Cerro el Plomo reaching almost 5500m MSL. Valpariso is a 2h bus ride from Santiago, over another, lower mountain range with few passageways, so it's ideal ambush-country.

Call me a pessimist, but I think the probability of success would have been less than their Malvinas/ Falklands adventure.

I guess the Argentinians realized that too at the very last moment and thus canceled the invasion just moments after it started 😅

On a more serious note: I can imagine they counted a lot on air superiority and air support to make these movements possible :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

11 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

On a more serious note: I can imagine they counted a lot on air superiority and air support to make these movements possible :dunno:

That's a possibility, but I think you're right in that they've just realized in time how dumb their plan was.

On the flight into Santiago they'll tell you to sit down and strap in quite early, due to unexpected turbulence happening all the time - a no brainer, given the terrain. Sitting in a C-130 going over the Andes in $hitty weather doesn't really rank too highly on my bucket list.

The minimum safe altitude in the region is quite high and might have an impact on performance. Superficially related:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

A nice idea for a MP mission/ server, nonetheless.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

...  I'm wondering how the Argentinians planned to make it into the Santiago basin. The mountain-range just east of the city rises steeply to a height on average above 3000m MSL, with Cerro el Plomo reaching almost 5500m MSL. Valpariso is a 2h bus ride from Santiago, over another, lower mountain range with few passageways, so it's ideal ambush-country.

Agree ... the mountain pass for both Santiago and valparaiso is the same single route: "Paso Libertadores", and most likely Chile would have blown-up bridges and tunnels of that road as soon as argentinian troop movement started. Chile learned a lot from both that attempt by Argentina and from similar plans by the Peru of Fujimori's era; thats why currently Chile has kept upgrading its military over the last 30 years, to the point that it now surpasses both Peru, Bolivia and Argentina combined.

Pity that so much money gets wasted on 3rd world countries, but unfortunately the recent events in Ukraine have shown that peace can't be trusted anymore.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 9/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Agree ... the mountain pass for both Santiago and valparaiso is the same single route: "Paso Libertadores", and most likely Chile would have blown-up bridges and tunnels of that road as soon as argentinian troop movement started. Chile learned a lot from both that attempt by Argentina and from similar plans by the Peru of Fujimori's era; thats why currently Chile has kept upgrading its military over the last 30 years, to the point that it now surpasses both Peru, Bolivia and Argentina combined.

Pity that so much money gets wasted on 3rd world countries, but unfortunately the recent events in Ukraine have shown that peace can't be trusted anymore.

Chile isn't a 3rd world country under any definition you use it(cold war political, or modern financial)

Chile has a very high human index value, above counties like Russia, Slovakia,,Turkey and Qatar. And just below Portugal. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.