FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

You've definitely never been to that part of the world, have you?

:doh:

I know it's not central europe in terms of population and infrastructure density, far from it, but it's still more than the Falkland Islands have to offer in that regard.

And no, unlike you I have not visited Patagonia and the Falkland Islands personally. I guess that makes me a dumb person, sorry...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I know it's not central europe in terms of population and infrastructure density, far from it, but it's still more than the Falkland Islands have to offer in that regard.

And no, unlike you I have not visited Patagonia and the Falkland Islands personally. I guess that makes me a dumb person, sorry...

You could at least have checked google or bings maps first.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Oh believe me there is not that much infrastructure. a few towns a few roads.. and like Orso said we dont need state of the art reproduction of the whole thing, just the military bases and a few towns would do just fine And there is really a lot of nothingness between bases....

Oh believe me there is not that much infrastructure. a few towns a few roads.. and like Orso said we dont need state of the art reproduction of the whole thing, just the military bases and a few towns would do just fine And there is really a lot of nothingness between bases....

De acuerdo.

Agreed.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

The whole focus of the map is The Falklands Islands. The addition of the mainland was just to allow people to be able to make the trip from the mainland to re-enact the attack on the islands.

Although the initial map will include Rio Gallegos as the only airfield on the mainland, I will investigate what can be possible to increase the North / South Scale of the map this should then include some additional airports etc.

This will probably be investigated after the beta release of the map, but this has by no means been decided yet. I am just speculating.

Lets seen how far we can take this :)

I have included a screenshot of what the map will initially include (the grid within the image)

thanks Specter

1422146988_South_AtlanticMap.thumb.jpg.fca181a8bf0e43053c895e3eb750de66.jpg

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

The whole focus of the map is The Falklands Islands. The addition of the mainland was just to allow people to be able to make the trip from the mainland to re-enact the attack on the islands.

Although the initial map will include Rio Gallegos as the only airfield on the mainland, I will investigate what can be possible to increase the North / South Scale of the map this should then include some additional airports etc.

This will probably be investigated after the beta release of the map, but this has by no means been decided yet. I am just speculating.

I have included a screenshot of what the map will initially include (the grid within the image)

thanks Specter

IMHO, It'd be a missed opportunity to not include a further portion of this map to the north, not only because of additional airports in the continent, but also because historically, the british task force, in 1982, operated to the northeast of islands, right outside of your boundaries.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Thank you so much for the Image Specter!

And thank you for making clear its only Rio Grande for now.

Is the grid area the land and sea included Or is that the "detailed area" but the map will actually have the area depicted in the picture in "no detail" (like Crimea in the caucasus)?

Again thanks for the grate Info! looking forwar to getting this module!

Thx for update but for me it looks a little ... strange. Not too long horizontally without the appropriate scale of maps vertically? Its only something like 200-250km in vertical with Google scale. For example DCS Syria has 500 km with much more land inside (total 500x600 km + incoming Cyprus ect, so the final version will be bigger). For jets it isnt good idea I suppose. Its 10-20 flight minutes depending on the plane from north to south. It doesnt look good.

StOR9swh.jpg

According me better to do something like this with more land verticaly (yellow line) with land strip something about 500-600 km.

xMfsOx0h.jpg

The ocean is free ;) so no any kind of problem to increase this but pls double (or three times) the size of the land to do something between 500-600km. Is it possible?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

thanks Specter

The most important thing is, to include a large body of water to the north and south. Just plain Ocean, so we can be more flexible with the fleet ops...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That is very funny..... someone has take time to read the RAZBAM info?

That is very funny..... someone has take time to read the RAZBAM info?

I dont see nothing funny here. We got a guess only. No confirmation, just „maybe yes, maybe not” if you took your time and read it carefully.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I dont see nothing funny here. We got a guess only. No confirmation, just „maybe yes, maybe not” if you took your time and read it carefully.
"funny" has put a bar about the level when need reach a team map 3rd party on your first map, and put in question your work.

First RAZBAM talk about build the islands, the comunity request a "map extension" to the continent, they make them, but not, now some claim the map has "useless". What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.

For this its MSFS 2020 :P.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

"funny" has put a bar about the level when need reach a team map 3rd party on your first map, and put in question your work.

First RAZBAM talk about build the islands, the comunity request a "map extension" to the continent, they make them, but not, now some claim the map has "useless". What is the next, build all Patagonia to Buenos Aires and extend the map to ascension Island?.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

That was in reference to the mainland, as far as I understood. Hence my comment, that plain ocean to the north and south, without additional islands/mainland and subsequent airfields would be a great way of giving us room to place a fleet, without needing to worry too much about effort and performance impact.

The current region shown in the screenshot can be easily expanded to the north and south with only water...

EDIT basically what we have with Syria. The map reaches far to the west, but without modeling Cyprus. Even if they won't add Cyprus, the water body of another 300NM is an awesome staging area for a carrier group.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That was in reference to the mainland, as far as I understood. Hence my comment, that plain ocean to the north and south, without additional islands/mainland and subsequent airfields would be a great way of giving us room to place a fleet, without needing to worry too much about effort and performance impact.

The current region shown in the screenshot can be easily expanded to the north and south with only water...

EDIT basically what we have with Syria. The map reaches far to the west, but without modeling Cyprus. Even if they won't add Cyprus, the water body of another 300NM is an awesome staging area for a carrier group.

I like the idea!

I'd put a bet though that a minimum of 95% of the DCS player base doesn't care about realistic distances. On the contrary, they want to be in the melee as fast as possible - you know, the "spawn-take off-kill-get killed-respawn" MP cycle. :music_whistling:

Well if they want a quick spawn, there is always Vincenzio de Mayo.

No, unfortunately there is not. At least I haven't seen the devs mentioning that they will provide us with it. We don't even have any (fixed wing) aircraft that can operate from it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regarding more sea.. I believe that the map is larger than the size of the grid.

The grid would be de detailed Zone, so i could bet that you will have room to manouver fleets arround even ouside the gridded area.

Take the Persian Gulf map as example, you can place carriers all the way to the East, far from the gridded area... it works fine.

Quigon you are quite right, althow We do have the Most excellent A4-E-C, to lauch from the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo, if they include it in the assets like the Invincible or Hermes...

Besides, a Collosus/Magestic Carrier with A4s - Canuck´s, Aussies, Brazilians alike will also be in heaven if the carrier is skinnable... ;)

And when the Corsair hits the Pacific the French could have the Arromanches too ;)

Edited by Baco

Quigon you are quite right, althow We do have the Most excellent A4-E-C, to lauch from the ARA Veinticinco de Mayo, if they include it in the assets like the Invincible or Hermes...

The A-4 is just private mod (although a very good one) and not part of any official DCS content.

Tornado3 small.jpg

why not improving mirage 2000 first! more missiles, or doing -5 for god sake!

Its different part of the Team.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

No, unfortunately there is not. At least I haven't seen the devs mentioning that they will provide us with it. We don't even have any (fixed wing) aircraft that can operate from it.

Wrong, QuiGon consider yourself relegated back to a padawan.

92C420C9-8611-45F3-A503-34795285E3FF.thumb.jpeg.97b8d852d7edb8d324d7571e2e733e4e.jpeg

Edited by Bruce448