FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

5 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

@hannibal Looking at the expansive 3.3 million square mile map created by Razbam, I say, "Oh, boy!!"  

MFT

operation clean sweep! in DCS!

or DCS FB2..

they had mudhen's in BF2... i used to love unloading snake eyes on the capture points..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I'll be more than happy to load up my Ka-50 with some extra tanks, put on some music, pour a drink, and just cruise those mountains for a nice long while. Just to see what there is to see.

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I can't wait to fly on this Map, as its the first time that I have my country on DCS 😇

EAhumada_20130306_4550.jpg

• Like 21

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm sorry if this is a dumb noob question, but I am in fact a dumb noob when it comes to DCS, but is it common for an addon like this to take as much time as this one has?  It's May 2022, and this thread started way back in 2020.

This is not a complaint, in fact from what I've seen it looks amazing, I'm simply curious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb noob question, but I am in fact a dumb noob when it comes to DCS, but is it common for an addon like this to take as much time as this one has?  It's May 2022, and this thread started way back in 2020.

This is not a complaint, in fact from what I've seen it looks amazing, I'm simply curious.

Yes. Things can take a long time.

10 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

is it common for an addon like this to take as much time as this one has?

yes, DCS first map was Caucasus and instead of developing a brand new map, ED adapted the Map from their previous Sim (Lo-Mac). Caucasus was rebuilt on 2018 and its anybody’s guess how long it took and how many people worked on it. 

The Nevada Map was started around 2013 and released on 2015, but again we don’t know how large was its development team.

For South Atlantic I understand that Razbam dedicated two people to its development, for a bit over two years .. it seems OK to me.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yes. Already planned my Ah-64 Apache to check out those fjords and glacier flowing down those snow-dressed mountains.
Taking a break from the constant brown colored terrain in Nevada, Persian and Syria maps.
A taste of a different part of the world.
And of course, in VR.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Don't get my hopes up now. Right after Christmas become photo dumps etc. I expected both this map and Corsair to be released within weeks. But nothing happened. 

So hope the map comes soon.

But since we still haven't seen any videos of the Corsair. I assume that one is still a long way off.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

One word should always come to mind with DCS add-on times: Glacial. 

Optimistic on this one…

out of a list of “keenly awaited modules” this now seems like the most likely to drop

- South Atlantic

- Mirage F1

- F4U-1D Corsair

- MB-339

any or all would be fantastic…

(ETA - list order doesn’t indicate preference or expected release date😳)

Edited by rkk01

10 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Optimistic on this one…

out of a list of “keenly awaited modules” this now seems like the most likely to drop

- South Atlantic

- Mirage F1

- F4U-1D Corsair

- MB-339

any or all would be fantastic…

(ETA - list order doesn’t indicate preference or expected release date😳)

#1 South Atlantic :happy:

#2 Whatever...

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I can't wait to fly on this Map, as its the first time that I have my country on DCS 😇

EAhumada_20130306_4550.jpg

As a South American, I know how it feels... I'll buy this map in the next minute it gets release. I'm looking forward for flying over Torres Del Paine and fighting for Malvinas.

I took a picture on the same spot 😆

IMG_1049.JPG

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, vilson.farias said:

I took a picture on the same spot 😆

🙂 my picture is from a road trip that I made through Patagonia a few years ago, I went southward on the chilean side of Los Andes, and returned northward on the argentinian side .. their National Route 40 is the longest dirt road that I have ever driven through: 

kNJhzs4.jpg

🥰 I loved that trip, would do it again if gas were less expensive 🙂

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tengu said:

What mountain is that in your photos, @Rudel_chw and @vilson.farias?

It’s part of the "Macizo Paine", the photo was taken here:

Marcador
Cerca de Torres de Paine, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena
https://goo.gl/maps/uJ5zhWjBKUTBk7Qx5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

While waiting, ensure that you have at least 68 GB of space available on your computer's hard drive. The map will take up oodles of space.

MFT

I have only 500gb M2.

I have to delete and download maps as I need then. Had to delete Syria to get room for Marianas and Gulf map. To South Atlantic map I'll probably have to delete all maps except the default Caucasus. 

6 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I have only 500gb M2.

I sold my old 500 GB M2 to a friend for US$ 30, and purchased a new 1 TB unit for US$ 100, for a net cost of 70 bucks ... my mental peace is worth more than than and 1 TB allows me to have both windows and DCS on the same speedy drive. On an older Sata SSD, I placed my /Saved Games/ and /One Drive/ folders.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I sold my old 500 GB M2 to a friend for US$ 30, and purchased a new 1 TB unit for US$ 100, for a net cost of 70 bucks ... my mental peace is worth more than than and 1 TB allows me to have both windows and DCS on the same speedy drive. On an older Sata SSD, I placed my /Saved Games/ and /One Drive/ folders.

Yeah I could buy a 1TB. But that means new windows install. And I hate that. I did it about a year ago to get DCS to run smoother. But man it's boring and annoying. 

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Yeah I could buy a 1TB. But that means new windows install. And I hate that. I did it about a year ago to get DCS to run smoother. But man it's boring and annoying. 

I have a 1TB M1 for system drive and DCS on a second 1TB M1 both Samsung EVO 970 drives if memory serves right, with a 1TB SSD for documents/saved games etc. etc. 

Works well 

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron