FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

46 minutes ago, 72Stu said:

Some of the textures looked a little janky when low down which makes me hesitate. We all know how even new sims terrain can look like hot dog mess when at low altitude.

Hopefully it was youtube compression but time will tell. 

Even if you go into the "civvy sim" with its glorious textures, big parts of this area look weak. I think the SA map looks pretty good. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb 72Stu:

It looks amazing from high altitude...

I'd love to see some gfx of low level terrain flying, as that's where most flying will be done.

There was a WIP video over half a year ago. Shows a lot of details.

Considering they are still improving this should be pretty awesome...

https://youtu.be/YDSyMxSAgFw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

6 hours ago, 72Stu said:

It looks amazing from high altitude...

I'd love to see some gfx of low level terrain flying, as that's where most flying will be done.

Perhaps will be ok (I hope!), pictures from Roadmap topic:

NwJ11NP.jpg

ng8ImA4.jpg

WHgReF7.jpg

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The opening shots look great but then when you see it with the aircraft in shot, there seems to be some sort of disconnect, like the aircraft and terrain are not part of the same environment. It almost looks as if the aircraft is a model suspended in front of a blue screen or something. It's especially noticeable on the Harrier shots towards the end. Whether it's something to do with the fact that they're using (albeit heavily modified) satellite images - maybe the resolution is not high enough, or it's just the DCS settings that are being applied, such as blur and depth of field, I don't know. If that's the case then I'd like to see some video without those settings applied. And some interaction with the environment, such as dropping bombs etc. I've just watched some DCS cinematic videos on youtube and I don't notice the the same feeling of disconnect on other maps that I see in this video. Although, I'm aware those cinematic videos might have other effects applied to make them blend more realistically.

Hopefully it's just a quirk of this video, as otherwise it does look like it could be a great map.

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

The opening shots look great but then when you see it with the aircraft in shot, there seems to be some sort of disconnect, like the aircraft and terrain are not part of the same environment. It almost looks as if the aircraft is a model suspended in front of a blue screen or something. It's especially noticeable on the Harrier shots towards the end. Whether it's something to do with the fact that they're using (albeit heavily modified) satellite images - maybe the resolution is not high enough, or it's just the DCS settings that are being applied, such as blur and depth of field, I don't know. If that's the case then I'd like to see some video without those settings applied. And some interaction with the environment, such as dropping bombs etc. I've just watched some DCS cinematic videos on youtube and I don't notice the the same feeling of disconnect on other maps that I see in this video. Although, I'm aware those cinematic videos might have other effects applied to make them blend more realistically.

Hopefully it's just a quirk of this video, as otherwise it does look like it could be a great map.

The video is wrong done (according me), he uses Depth of Field option ON in DCS what is a mistake for promo videos. Perhaps this. The effect is that you see blurry textures in the backgrond and sharp the first plan:

WVIvidl.jpg

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

34 minutes ago, YoYo said:

The video is wrong done (according me), he uses Depth of Field option ON in DCS what is a mistake for promo videos. Perhaps this. The effect is that you see blurry textures in the backgrond and sharp the first plan:

WVIvidl.jpg

Yes and it's even more pronounced in the Harrier shots. I'd like to see it with the Depth of Field option off.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

Yes and it's even more pronounced in the Harrier shots. I'd like to see it with the Depth of Field option off.

Its not promo of SA map, but no any effect on Wags video:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 5/26/2022 at 3:12 PM, YoYo said:

Perhaps will be ok (I hope!), pictures from Roadmap topic:

NwJ11NP.jpg

This scene definitely could use better ground textures - especially evident in the built up area and mountain peaks.  

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

39 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

In the SA map, I hope we have a mission editor feature. We can control the weather. I wonder if razbam will have a separate assets module for the SA map.  

I can't imagine we wouldn't. It's there for every map. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 5/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, Weasel said:

The map is still wip, so let‘s to see how it looks in low flying wait when the map will be released

WiP and it will not be finished at the day of realease. As we know it will be Early Access so perhaps it will be developping to the next year or more.

What I know now about current stage of the map I can say I will be content I hope :).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Since razbam and ED have been silent, we wait. In the meantime, we can post ideas and suggestions foe the SA map. Additionally, using the falkland islands war history as a guide, we can create drafts for future missions and campaigns. 

As a minimum, ED'S staff reads the new forum posts. If they find something noteworthy for razbam, I am certain that ED passes the information along to them.

21 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

If they find something noteworthy for razbam, I am certain that ED passes the information along to them.

I'm quite sure Raz read their forums as well, no need for ED to become active.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

Is this releasing this week?  CASMO just did a preview of the map and said it would be released within the next few days.  Hoping this was not a miscommunication.   Either way, I do not mind waiting. 

Yeah, he said it twice as well, surely not a slip of the tongue.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But now the semantic will start what is a few days?

I assume it will come with an open beta update. Those are usually Thursday. So is a few days Thursday? 

Or is a few days a couple of weeks?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Maybe pre order next few days, but release 22.06 with OB patch?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Maybe pre order next few days, but release 22.06 with OB patch?

I thought I also saw (read) a June 22nd date somewhere, but now I cant find the source...

Is it possible it has been changed?

Every source is talking about an imminent release: "Less than the ones in your right hand, if everything goes as planned (which never does, but still)", and Casmo "with in a few days" statement makes me thing that it might get released this week or Next week tops.. June 22nd is still 14 days away...

Edited by Baco

6 hours ago, Baco said:

I thought I also saw (read) a June 22nd date somewhere, but now I cant find the source...

Is it possible it has been changed?

Every source is talking about an imminent release: "Less than the ones in your right hand, if everything goes as planned (which never does, but still)", and Casmo "with in a few days" statement makes me thing that it might get released this week or Next week tops.. June 22nd is still 14 days away...

To be more precise, 22th isnt official date for OB patch yet (they are still assumptions)

just June, it could be 15th or 22, or 29 maximum. Some talk that 22th was planned for this patch in internal talks ;).

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif