Any way to run VR in 2D?

themonster

Suppose you had a friend you're trying to get into DCS, and this friend has VR (Vive) and a HOTAS, but his machine just doesn't have the horsepower for a smooth-enough DCS VR experience, and TrackIR seems to be out of stock. Might'n it be possible to render the game in VR in 2D for a dramatic increase in framerate at the cost of 3D? Any way to do this?

(I half-ass googled it but couldn't find anything. Nor did I see any obvious way to do this in the SteamVR settings)

Stay healthy all.

• 5 months later...

Go on the Tube, look for BelGeode and his preview episode #2 video on that other recently released sim called "Poor Man's VR". Didn't work for me in regards of performance though, but that thing was a horrible stutterfest anyway when I tried that. Technically however, it worked.

Basically you'd use OpenTrack to track you VR HMD movements and translate that into TrackIR "emulation" and run VirtualDesktop in VR with the virtual screen wrapped around your front hemisphere.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Suppose you had a friend you're trying to get into DCS, and this friend has VR (Vive) and a HOTAS, but his machine just doesn't have the horsepower for a smooth-enough DCS VR experience, and TrackIR seems to be out of stock. Might'n it be possible to render the game in VR in 2D for a dramatic increase in framerate at the cost of 3D? Any way to do this?

(I half-ass googled it but couldn't find anything. Nor did I see any obvious way to do this in the SteamVR settings)

Stay healthy all.

I don’t think that will help your friend, what is his bottle neck cpu or gpu or both, what are his specs and settings it might be possible to optimise I have been playing a lot with small down sampling and gotten reasonable results out of it.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg