aircraft refueling

JesseJames38

Using stable version 2.5.5

I have found that when refueling the F-16 with empty external tanks that the external takes do not get refiled. After refueling is complete the internal tanks of the aircraft are refueled while the Center and wing tanks are bone dry

I view this as a possible bug because when refueling the FA-18, the external tanks get refueled along with the aircraft to the full capacity

I am unsure if this is the same in the open beta as I do not have that installed.

Thanks

Jesse.

It's been around for years. I suspect it's because external tanks are treated as "weapons" and not as part of the fuel system by DCS. Thus fueling doesn't interact with them, arming does.

The solution is to remove the empty external tanks then attach new full ones again.

It's been around for years. I suspect it's because external tanks are treated as "weapons" and not as part of the fuel system by DCS. Thus fueling doesn't interact with them, arming does.

The solution is to remove the empty external tanks then attach new full ones again.

Why is this not the case with the F/A-18? In that aircraft if you have empty external fuel tanks and you go and refuel. The external tanks get refueled at the same rate as the aircraft. In the case of the F/A18 its not magically 0lbs to the 900 lbs of fuel but gradually increases as the aircraft is refueled.

At least in MP the don't get refueled on the ground. AAR will do it though. I normally dump them when they are empty or before landing for that very same reason.

AFAIK all A/C have that problem, but I could be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

At least in MP the don't get refueled on the ground. AAR will do it though. I normally dump them when they are empty or before landing for that very same reason.

AFAIK all A/C have that problem, but I could be wrong.

Oh I didn't understand you were talking about ground refueling.

There isn't a way to control how full the tanks are- they seem to just have the trait of being full of fuel.

Is it possible to remove the tanks and then put them back?

The more seasoned guys here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I *think* in the viper, IF you have external tanks - you need the AAR door open a few minutes prior to getting on the boom. This allows the externals time to depressurize and thereby allow the fuel system to fill them during AAR. I recall someone said like 3-4 min prior. So if you open the door right before getting on the boom, then they may not fill properly. It don't think its required to open the door early if you have a clean jet with no bags as you would be filling internal only.

I've done this technique of opening the door several min out on the way to the tanker and never had an issue topping off with externals.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

:thumbup:

No, dear mate, you are not wrong at all, and all the procedure well described in details above is 'as it always be".

It's implied that there some more passages about arming off/on lights, radar and ejection seat should be acted at their proper time in between, but the core is just that.

With best regards.

The more seasoned guys here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I *think* in the viper, IF you have external tanks - you need the AAR door open a few minutes prior to getting on the boom. This allows the externals time to depressurize and thereby allow the fuel system to fill them during AAR. I recall someone said like 3-4 min prior. So if you open the door right before getting on the boom, then they may not fill properly. It don't think its required to open the door early if you have a clean jet with no bags as you would be filling internal only.

I've done this technique of opening the door several min out on the way to the tanker and never had an issue topping off with externals.

That is correct for aerial refueling, however OP is referring to the refuel on the ground. Which has been an issue in several modules. The workaround is to remove and reinstall the tanks when refueling on the ground. Just an unneeded extra step to get airborne.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Yes, I was speaking of refueling on the ground. So far of all the aircraft I have tested. P-51, A-10, F-16, Harrier, and FA-18. Only the FA-18 has the ability of refueling the drop tanks on the ground. All other aircraft sadly requires the drop tanks to be removed and then reinstalled.

That is correct for aerial refueling, however OP is referring to the refuel on the ground. Which has been an issue in several modules. The workaround is to remove and reinstall the tanks when refueling on the ground. Just an unneeded extra step to get airborne.

Ah sorry... RIF :doh:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB