Restocking crazy situation

imacken

So, I have received an email from Virpil twice in the last couple of weeks saying that the store had been restocked with CM2 throttle. Yet, on both occasions, when I go to the site it is ‘out of stock’!

Today, I received email at 6.50am, and went to the web site at 7.20am. Out of stock in 30mins? Wow. Crazy situation there.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

They don't always restock every item.

I wanted to get a full new setup with throttle, base and grip. Throttle was in stock yesterday, but all I could get this morning was the base and extensions. And it took me some attempts as the cart was calculating items wrong (had to empty it and start from scratch to fix that).

Hopefully the throttle and grip will be back in stock soon. But the piecemeal approach adds quite a bit of shipping overhead since you have to spread it out over multiple orders.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Every time I get an email saying the throttle has been restocked I go to the site within a couple of hours, and every time it shows as ‘out of stock’.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You don't have hours. It's literally < 5 mins based on my experience today at a few mins before 6am GMT.i saw it change from out of stock to available to purchase, added it and added the desk mount and went to checkout and the throttle had gone to out of stock already.

What sort of business model works when an item is in stock for less than 5 minutes every few weeks?

What sort of business model works when an item is in stock for less than 5 minutes every few weeks?

A very successful one, Virpil simply cannot keep up with customer demand, most busines's envy that situation

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

A very successful one, Virpil simply cannot keep up with customer demand, most busines's envy that situation

Not saying they aren't successful, just saying it's a crazy model to follow. They need to expand to meet demand like any other business would. What if a baker only sold bread for 5 minutes every day before he sold out? Hmm.. perhaps he would bake some more each day until he reached the correct balance of supply and demand.

They used to have a prepay system. It said right on their site, “ purchase and pay now for delivery in about 90 days”. I paid and received my setup in a “reasonable timeframe” (no, not 90 days)

The sad thing is all the posts over on their website. “50 days and counting, no equipment, what crap” ,“89 days, took tomorrow off work and sitting next to my mailbox”. “92 days, what kind of a crappy company is this”.

On and on, doesn’t surprise me in the least if they said “screw the preorder crap, if you want what I make fight over it”.

It’s their company, deal with it or move on. Fwiw they are an awesome piece

Of kit!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

It’s their company, deal with it or move on. Fwiw they are an awesome piece

Of kit!

I don't particularly care how they run their company, I'm just saying that, IMO, having expensive items in stock for a minute or two per month, is not ideal for them or their customers. But, they know best, I'm sure.

As I've enjoyed my 2 WarBRD bases, if a throttle was available I probably would buy one to try it out, but I wouldn't bust a gut trying, and won't be joining the Virpil lottery any time soon. Pity in a way.

I don't particularly care how they run their company, I'm just saying that, IMO, having expensive items in stock for a minute or two per month, is not ideal for them or their customers. But, they know best, I'm sure.

As I've enjoyed my 2 WarBRD bases, if a throttle was available I probably would buy one to try it out, but I wouldn't bust a gut trying, and won't be joining the Virpil lottery any time soon. Pity in a way.

Agreed,

If they could scale up they could really move. May be any number of reasons why they don’t tho.

Frankly, they seem to be taking quantum leaps backwards as far as design imho, not a real fan of their latest throttle offering.

Stay healthy!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Given the serial numbers of recent grips and bases received, the supply issues are far more due to the numbers produced or lack thereof than the level of demand. These are not assembly line produced like Logitech and Thrustmaster so they are literally produced by hand about 50 to 200 units per round of ordering.

I fortunately got what I needed from them with the bases and grips sans the Alpha grip which I will just have to be patient for. I'm just glad I don't like their throttles past or present as those seem to be the biggest challenge to get apparently but other people do like them so I can understand their frustration.

Edited by zcaa0g

Last night's restock actually started early, I got an email from Virpil earlier than their stated 6am GMT time, and bought some extra stuff - and it was all sold out shortly after 6am GMT, maybe 5 or 10 mins max, it's hard to be exact as their site gets hammered in those 15 minute windows.

If you're serious, next time have the item(s) you want in your WishList, be logged in 15 or 30 mins early (keep ensuring you're still logged in), do refreshes every 30 seconds, and the instant your wishlist items become available, grab them, have your shipping/etc info already saved and entered, and punch in your method of payment as quickly as possible(or have it saved too).

This has worked for me, I've only been skunked once, and that was because the Firefox browser from Canada to Virpil with my ISP doesn't work 1/2 the time and just times out, even during normal times, and it chose to timeout in the middle of my order the first time I noticed this issue. The other 1/2 dozen times I've ordered I've been successful.

Keep on eye on various flight sim forums, Ebay, Virpil's own site, and especially the Hotas Discord and Reddit subs. I've picked off a number of Virpil and other makers products in the used sections (1 throttle, 1 Warbrd, a couple grips, and some other stuff).

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Last night's restock actually started early, I got an email from Virpil earlier than their stated 6am GMT time, and bought some extra stuff - and it was all sold out shortly after 6am GMT, maybe 5 or 10 mins max, it's hard to be exact as their site gets hammered in those 15 minute windows.

If you're serious, next time have the item(s) you want in your WishList, be logged in 15 or 30 mins early (keep ensuring you're still logged in), do refreshes every 30 seconds, and the instant your wishlist items become available, grab them, have your shipping/etc info already saved and entered, and punch in your method of payment as quickly as possible(or have it saved too).

This has worked for me, I've only been skunked once, and that was because the Firefox browser from Canada to Virpil with my ISP doesn't work 1/2 the time and just times out, even during normal times, and it chose to timeout in the middle of my order the first time I noticed this issue. The other 1/2 dozen times I've ordered I've been successful.

Keep on eye on various flight sim forums, Ebay, Virpil's own site, and especially the Hotas Discord and Reddit subs. I've picked off a number of Virpil and other makers products in the used sections (1 throttle, 1 Warbrd, a couple grips, and some other stuff).

^^ This. I skipped this round of ordering just because of latest problems Virpil have with their support, can wait to see if they get their game straight.

But, since both my kid and my dog woke me up, I went to their site and store was stocked 20 mins early. For fun, I ordered throttle, CM2 base and mounts, went to checkout and stopped shy of paypal confirmation. I was able to this 4 times in a row, before throttle went out. So, it can be done.

^^ This. I skipped this round of ordering just because of latest problems Virpil have with their support, can wait to see if they get their game straight.

But, since both my kid and my dog woke me up, I went to their site and store was stocked 20 mins early. For fun, I ordered throttle, CM2 base and mounts, went to checkout and stopped shy of paypal confirmation. I was able to this 4 times in a row, before throttle went out. So, it can be done.

It can be done if you have kids or dogs or alarms to wake you in the middle of the night on the appropriate day - do we have to guess when this is - to allow you to try and order during the 5 minute window! :)