Recommended foot pedals

I use CH . Not the smoothest , but they are very sturdy , trouble-free and last forever . About $130 when last i checked .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I purchased the Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder last month and I have no complaints

F-14 | F-15 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AV-8B | A-10 |

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RYZEN 5 1400 | GTX 1050 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 1TB HDD| Track IR | TM T16000M FCS HOTAS | TM TFRP Rudder :pilotfly:

I use CH . Not the smoothest , but they are very sturdy , trouble-free and last forever . About $130 when last i checked .

Would second that. Especially if one lives in the US. Currently selling for $118 on amazon.

The VKB pedals with shipping cost $268.

I would skip all cheap options from Thrustmaster, CH, Logitech etc.

And I would only recommend VKB pedals Mk.IV.

They cost that ~200€ but you get best there is.

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/vkb-sim-t-rudder-pedals-mk-iv-2/

I'm not sure I understand those - the pedals move vertically instead of front and back? Do they lack toe brakes?

I recommend the MFG Crosswinds if you want to spend that much.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I'm not sure I understand those - the pedals move vertically instead of front and back? Do they lack toe brakes?

You can have them vertically, or extend their bolts and get them back and worth as raised.

You don't need to move your full legs and so on your hip, you move just your feet and you are far more accurate with those.

And you don't need toe brakes, those are one of the most overhyped features for pedals. Yet you can simulate then with those.

You need to remember that you're not sitting in real aircraft but in home. So you don't need such physical interfaces at home that you need in real aircraft under various forces etc.

I switched to VKB from one of the best pedals there was with toe brakes, and don't miss them at all. And not needing to move legs to operate pedals is just major relaxation and increase in accuracy as you can so very accurate small movement with toes that you can not with legs.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

And you don't need toe brakes, those are one of the most overhyped features for pedals. Yet you can simulate then with those.

To each their own. I would never get rudder pedals without toe brakes.

Edited by Ssnake51

I would agree. If moving up from CH or TM entry level pedals, this would be the next best step.

Me neither as a jet driver, but for helicopter pilots it's ok. I'd say it depends on what the OP is aiming for. If he's primarily in helos, the VKB T-Rudder pedals are a great option. If he's more into jets, the MFG Crosswinds are propably the best shot in his price range.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

Me neither as a jet driver, but for helicopter pilots it's ok. I'd say it depends on what the OP is aiming for. If he's primarily in helos, the VKB T-Rudder pedals are a great option. If he's more into jets, the MFG Crosswinds are propably the best shot in his price range.
100 percent in jets so will take a look at your suggestion cheers!

I am with you there.

Loving my Crosswinds.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

IMO Pedular pedals in which the pedals move directly fore/aft (Ie: real aircraft) like the Thrustmaster Pendular Rudders pedals are superior to central pivot rudder pedals like Slaw or Crosswind in which your feet move laterally in addition to longitudinally.

But that's just me...

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

I switched from the Thrustmaster TPR's to the VKBs, because they are much better to operate under a desk with a swivel chair and love them.

I configured the pedals to send button presses at the very end of each direction and use that as differential toe brakes. The lever on the flightstick (I fly Warthog and MCG Pro) acts as wheel brakes. I needed half an hour of retraining to takeoff and land the Bf-109 in DCS. The jets were very easy to adapt to.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I'm just getting into DCS, so I ordered the Thrustmaster TFRP, myself. While the Crosswinds & VKB set look like excellent options, I didn't want to spend $300+ on a set, at the moment.

If these cheap rudders work for a year or so, and I'm still really into DCS at that time, I'll consider spending the money on a better set. Same goes for my joystick... I got an X56 to start, but I'll upgrade in a year or so if I'm still heavily into the game.

IMO Pedular pedals in which the pedals move directly fore/aft (Ie: real aircraft) like the Thrustmaster Pendular Rudders pedals are superior to central pivot rudder pedals like Slaw or Crosswind in which your feet move laterally in addition to longitudinally.

But that's just me...

100% agree. That is exactly the reason why i choosed the TPR's over the Slaw Viper RX pedals. Price wasn't an issue, just didn't want to have central pivot pedals but pendular and the TPR's are the best option in that price range IMO. Their not much cheaper than the Slaws anyways, like 80€-100€ or so over here. But as tintifaxl mentioned, theyre not suited for under a desk use.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

But that's just me...

It is you because I had the TM TPR pedals and hated them. Using the word superior is a broad brush.

Buzz

I cant read a damn thing that site says on it!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

I had no difficulty using Google translate with Chrome

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Superior, .... hhmmm. I extensively tested the TM TPRs against my Slaw Viper RX Version 2 and Crosswinds, and they were just not as precise, especially in places where you absolutely need violent yaw changes, like World War I online dogfights (Rise of Flight). If you compare the Slaws or Crosswinds with the TPRs and primarily fly, say, the F-18 or F-14 in DCS, or a commercial transport in X-Plane 11, you are not going to see the extra precision bc those airframes do not require it. TPRs are fine for a jet sim, but if you fly everything, from WWI on up, the TPRs really show their weakness.

(Out of curiosity Vega, why did you purchase a Titan card?)

I always buy the fastest video card. Well everything really. ;)

My RTX Titan overclocked on average comes to 11% faster than my overclocked 2080Ti, both water cooled. My Titan is also shunt modded and can pull over 400 watts of p0wa!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders